• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Call me pessimistic, but I feel like if characters are already in the game in some form they probably aren't on the table for DLC. No, I don't know if that's true, but I feel like if Wolf was planned his trophy would be saved for when his DLC was released.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Call me pessimistic, but I feel like if characters are already in the game in some form they probably aren't on the table for DLC. No, I don't know if that's true, but I feel like if Wolf was planned his trophy would be saved for when his DLC was released.
I think the opposite (even tho im super pessimistic about DLC) I think characters who are simply registered to trophies are the only characters who have a shot of getting in as DLC.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Is it horribly bitter of me to not want Falco if I can't have Wolf? I mained Falco in Melee but him being in this game over Wolf feels like a slap in the face to me in a way. I would rather have neither or both. Not just Falco. It might just be because the near-clone got the slot over the near-exclusive character. Maybe its just the fact that Falco wouldn't have even been in Melee if he didn't have a bird head. Maybe its because I'm just bitter. Either way, I'd have been happier if they both got cut. At least that would say that Sakurai didn't give a crap about either, instead of just Wolf.

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
This just make me mad that characters like Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr.Mario get more priority than Wolf, Lucas etc.

And that Mario biased ****, seriously stop with the "b-but mario is nintendo's mascot" this isn't a reason for a series to have now 8 CHARACTERS (Yoshi is a Mario character deal with it) while overlooked series like Starfox and Mother get hurt even more.

I'm so mad about this, I swear there better be a veteran DLC trailer or I'm just going to boycott.

I'm not supporting a biased game, even if they have put a ton of work on it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here's what I don't get, Sakurai cuts Wolf but keeps the Bad-*** Star Wolf theme I mean that's just cruel on so many levels
Sakurai did a similar thing with Roy in Brawl. There was a song entitled: Roy's Hope :troll:

As it stands though, cutting Wolf was foolish. He is a mainstay to his franchise and is probably the most important Nintendo character outside of Mewtwo that has ever been cut from Smash Bros.

There is little excuse why Mewtwo and Wolf did not return.

Ideally, I would want ALL of the veterans back, however, Mewtwo and Wolf are at least iconic to their respective franchises and still relevant to them.

I would have easily traded the Clone Trinity for either Wolf or Lucas.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Sakurai did a similar thing with Roy in Brawl. There was a song entitled: Roy's Hope :troll:

As it stands though, cutting Wolf was foolish. He is a mainstay to his franchise and is probably the most important Nintendo character outside of Mewtwo that has ever been cut from Smash Bros.

There is little excuse why Mewtwo and Wolf did not return.

Ideally, I would want ALL of the veterans back, however, Mewtwo and Wolf are at least iconic to their respective franchises and still relevant to them.

I would have easily traded the Clone Trinity for either Wolf or Lucas.
I still don't understand why they bring Dr god damn Mario back from Melee and ignore Mewtwo I mean hello you gave Luigi the Mario tornado to make him original didn't you not ? also Wolf is a Villain and was way more unique than that annoying bird.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wolf fans should download Project M. Not only does it have every character from Brawl (right off the bat, six playable character not in Smash 4), but they also added back in Mewtwo and Roy, and are planning an additional five newcomers (among them Isaac and Lyn, and possibly Skull Kid). There is also a massive selection of alternate costumes and a lot of stages from Smash 64 and Melee were added back in.

Really, its like almost another Smash Bros. game of its own at this point.

It definitely complements Smash 4 (especially those who only plan to get Smash 4 3DS).

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Wolf fans should download Project M. Not only does it have every character from Brawl (right off the bat, six playable character not in Smash 4), but they also added back in Mewtwo and Roy, and are planning an additional five newcomers (among them Isaac and Lyn, and possibly Skull Kid). There is also a massive selection of alternate costumes and a lot of stages from Smash 64 and Melee were added back in.

Really, its like almost another Smash Bros. game of its own at this point.

It definitely complements Smash 4 (especially those who only plan to get Smash 4 3DS).
Isaac you serious :O I'm sold.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Star Fox U being announced gives me hope Sakurai and his team might have considered him.

Hopefully he'll be able to sneak in through the back door.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
DLC CONFIRMED YES I CAN FINALLY POST IN THIS THREAD AGAIN AFTER A YEAR OF LURKING! WOLF FOR SMASH 4! WOLF FOR DLC!:wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I kind of expect Wolf to come back to be honest. Between him and Lucas, I'd say Wolf has a better chance cause the only move of his that has been made into a custom was Wolf Flash (though don't get me wrong, I miss Lucas and would like to see him back too if possible)

Plus there's the new Star Fox that may put things in his favor.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
If Mewtwo is about 1/3 of the way through next year, then I could see Lucas or fixed Ice Climbers 2/3 of the way through next year and Wolf near the end for SF U.

Whatever happens we have four roster spots that need filling, (not counting a second page or scrolling) and Mewtwo will surely not be the only DLC character - some people would think they left out one of the most popular characters just to sell, and Nintendo care about their image when it comes to DLC. If there are other characters as DLC it will re-enforce that they did run out of time, especially if they keep new characters coming for a while. It will also keep/make fans happy, and Make Nintendo lots of $$$, YYY and all sorts of other money.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I kind of expect Wolf to come back to be honest. Between him and Lucas, I'd say Wolf has a better chance cause the only move of his that has been made into a custom was Wolf Flash (though don't get me wrong, I miss Lucas and would like to see him back too if possible)

Plus there's the new Star Fox that may put things in his favor.
I agree. Wolf is guaranteed if we're getting another Star Fox character in smash 4. Hopefully we get Star Fox themed character alts to market the new SF game releasing next year. That way I can finally play the original 4 Star Fox team in a smash game together. And possibly a Katt Monroe alt for Falco.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, since Mewtwo opened the gate of possibility for DLC, then perhaps there's still a chance for Wolf to make his presence known once again.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Wasn't the case for Mewtwo, Wolf shouldn't be different.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Not a huge Wolf fan, but he's definitly my favorite Star Fox character to play as in Smash Bros.

I've got my fingers crossed for you guys!

Top Bottom