• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
I've seen all of the threads for the main 4 chars that aren't returning. (Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas)

I have quite a bit to say about the whole deal, but I think it's easier to keep it short: If you badly want these characters back (probably as DLC), and I know you do, then why not try and contact the man himself?

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai

All of you, tell him what you want. You want Wolf (or whoever) back, even as DLC. Shout loud enough, with great numbers, it might urge him to make it happen (or speed the process up).
I suggest spreading this to the other character threads to try and make this happen.
Heck, you could all shout for a newcomer (like Ridley, Chorus Kids) and that could happen too (less likely).

...although, I don't know if THIS was a subject discussed at the PAX meeting. We'll find out when the embargo this Saturday ends.
Still, might be better to get this out of the way sooner than later!

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
We need to let sakurai know who we want, all you wolf fans out there we need to bombard sakurai and Nintendo of America, he'll even bandai namco through twitter and email that we DEMAND Wolf as DLC

mark welford

Smash Ace
@ MagnesD3 MagnesD3 and it begins our plan to do this we need to reach as far we can not 100 strong but 1000+ strong WOLF FANS JOIN ME AND MAGNESD3 MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD! WE NEED TO REACH GO FROM A BREEZE TO HURRICANE FORCE WINDS TO BE FELT BY SAKURAI!

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
By far the worst roster even if it does have the most characters. Most people wouldn't even know what Fire Emblem and Kid Larcus is if it wasn't for smash and they both got more characters than much bigger franchises like metroid, Star Fox, and DK.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
By far the worst roster even if it does have the most characters. Most people wouldn't even know what Fire Emblem and Kid Larcus is if it wasn't for smash and they both got more characters than much bigger franchises like metroid, Star Fox, and DK.
true, kid icarus uprising would have never existed if it wasn't for brawl, and now smash 4 is more like a uprising fighting game spin off with other Nintendo characters

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Pretty disappointing how Sakurai ditched Wolf but kept the actual Fox clone tbh.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
My disappointment is immense. There were only 4 things I wanted in Smash (please don't flag me for this but I'm going to post these in all 4 relevant threads to save time and express the same idea).

1. Wolf (by far my favorite smasher. By far my favorite part of Brawl)
2. Mewtwo (Brawl felt empty without him, would've rounded out the Pokemon roster perfectly)
3. Dixie (DKC2 was one of my favorite games as a very young kid. DK series needed love. She would've been my main without Wolf).
4. An uncloned Ganondorf.

I would've taken any of them and been plenty happy. Not even all. Just one would have been alright. Especially if it was Wolf. I know Sakurai doesn't cater to anyone, but my wishlist wasn't farfetched, or outrageous, or unreasonable, or unpopular.

I got none of them. All I got...was Dark Pit and Kid Icarus a**-kissing. I love Sakurai, but man did he blow off his fanbase. How do you expect to sell a game to consumers that you ignore? Especially when said game is the saving grace of your parent's company's flagship system? Yeah, not everyone is going to agree, but it wasn't even "not seeing eye to eye" about everything. It was ignoring most of the West's requests outright. And cutting some very beloved veterans. We had A LOT of requests...but those we really wanted stood out far and above the rest. And they weren't even acknowledged.

Here's hoping for DLC, otherwise, my hype train has kinda derailed.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I'm not a Wolf main, but man, I'm pretty upset about this too and I feel you guys. He's a pretty damn badass character (I only played and beaten Starfox Assault in terms of playing Starfox games for the record lol) and was one of my favorite match-ups in Brawl (not sure why gameplay wise, but hey I love furries so that helps too :p). I've fought many on wi-fi, and always had fun versing them, haha. More fun to face and play (even though I'm not good with Wolf lol) than that laser-spamming bird. ;P
Not to mention Wolf is so much sexier and makes a much more attractive pair with Fox

Ironic how Sakurai cuts the "semi-clone" characters here (along with Ivy/Squirtle/ICs/Snake), yet adds in Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Lucina and keeps Toon Link. ;~;
Mario getting 7 reps (AND THAT'S NOT COUNTING SUB-SERIES), and leaving Earthbound with only 1 and Starfox with just 2 now? Ugh.

R.I.P Wolf... T__T

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
My disappointment is immense. There were only 4 things I wanted in Smash (please don't flag me for this but I'm going to post these in all 4 relevant threads to save time and express the same idea).

1. Wolf (by far my favorite smasher. By far my favorite part of Brawl)
2. Mewtwo (Brawl felt empty without him, would've rounded out the Pokemon roster perfectly)
3. Dixie (DKC2 was one of my favorite games as a very young kid. DK series needed love. She would've been my main without Wolf).
4. An uncloned Ganondorf.

I would've taken any of them and been plenty happy. Not even all. Just one would have been alright. Especially if it was Wolf. I know Sakurai doesn't cater to anyone, but my wishlist wasn't farfetched, or outrageous, or unreasonable, or unpopular.

I got none of them. All I got...was Dark Pit and Kid Icarus a**-kissing. I love Sakurai, but man did he blow off his fanbase. How do you expect to sell a game to consumers that you ignore? Especially when said game is the saving grace of your parent's company's flagship system? Yeah, not everyone is going to agree, but it wasn't even "not seeing eye to eye" about everything. It was ignoring most of the West's requests outright. And cutting some very beloved veterans. We had A LOT of requests...but those we really wanted stood out far and above the rest. And they weren't even acknowledged.

Here's hoping for DLC, otherwise, my hype train has kinda derailed.
Yea I just wanted Wolf and Mewtwo two important vets and Ridley the most popular nintendo newcomer. Was that to much to ask for? Smash just isnt that special to me because of this because its no longer about all stars but rather its about whats new and will sell well. Oh and of course its about sakurais bias as well.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Maybe if we link the 3DS version to the Wii U we will get Wolf, Lucas, and Ice Climbers. There is enough space on the character select to fit about three or four.

Each version will have the same characters, but you will need both versions to unlock them all. 3DS gets Duck Hunt Dog, Pittoo, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Junior. Dr. Mario could possibly be on both without the linking. 3DS gets newcomers and Wii U gets veterans.

GhidorahTheKing

Smash Rookie
NNID
GodzillaTheKing
I wanted Smash 4 to be the ultimate Nintendo crossover, but it has turned into Smash: Uprising. Star Fox went from 3 characters to 2 and didn't even get a new stage for 3DS.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I was probably more hyped for Wolf than any other character. I wanted to see how he'd play in the new engine and seeing Fox act out of Illusion got me so excited for Wolf Flash kills a la PM.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Petitions barely ever work
That being said I signed it already
I dont think it will work either but some reason it makes me feel better about this whole thing. Idk, smash is such a mess lol it has been since day 1, in 64 there were too few characters, melee had too many clones, brawl had bad gameplay, and smash 4 terrible roster choices. Oh well, im gonna try my best to push dlc and Im gonna try to enjoy the game for what it is, im just gonna have to let smash become less important to me as a result, which is a real bummer. If I dont care it doesnt hurt that way..

Last edited:

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
As my Brawl main, losing Wolf does hurt, especially since I cannot see any real reason to remove him. I think him and the Ice Climbers will become the Mewtwo of this Smash gen, highly requested to be re-added into the next Smash. If there is a formal campaign to add him later, sign me up.

I'm not a huge Star Fox fan, but I just latched onto him in Brawl and never looked back. His gameplay was based on an existing character but he was different enough to make him unique, versatile and fun to play. He functioned as the perfect opposite to Fox, and I will miss him in Smash 4.

Must be the eyeliner.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
As my Brawl main, losing Wolf does hurt, especially since I cannot see any real reason to remove him. I think him and the Ice Climbers will become the Mewtwo of this Smash gen, highly requested to be re-added into the next Smash. If there is a formal campaign to add him later, sign me up.

I'm not a huge Star Fox fan, but I just latched onto him in Brawl and never looked back. His gameplay was based on an existing character but he was different enough to make him unique, versatile and fun to play. He functioned as the perfect opposite to Fox, and I will miss him in Smash 4.

Must be the eyeliner.
Just go here if you wanna sign any petitions or try to contact Nintendo/sakurai about your complaints. http://smashboards.com/threads/to-all-those-who-want-their-vets-as-dlc.367246/

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Wolf is still a character that would make sense as DLC. Especially with Star Fox U coming out sometime in the future... wouldn't he perfect to add to advertise for the game?

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Just realized we'll also never get to see his amazing taunts again. They were some of the best taunts in Brawl.

Top Bottom