• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Hey Wolf boards,

I'm participating in a teaching event here in SFL for new players coming into the scene. My team consists of a Wolf/MK, Ike, and another Wolf. For this week I want to focus on spacing moves; if I may ask, could you link me to the best videos showing good Wolf spacing?

Thanks guys!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
2008: "Omg Germ and Lucien make Wolf look like he's actually a good character!"
2009: "Omg JJWolf and Candy make Wolf look actually decent."
2010: "Wow Jumpman and Choice make Wolf look so good!"
2011: "After playing Semifer and Holms I'm 100% convinced Wolf is broken."
2012: "How can Kain do so well with a Character like Wolf?"
2013: "Damn, Seagull really makes Wolf look like a viable character!"
2014: [reserved for Arda]

I guess everybody who ever did somewhat well with this character immediately becomes a godlike player.

:059:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Arda beat Vinnie in mid tiers. He's on his way! I've also been good since 2011 Ghebby.

This weekend I got 4th in mid tiers, 9th in singles, and 2nd in doubles. I did ****ty in LT dubs LOL. Beat Denti, Illmatic, Jnig, Ryo, Z, and Inui of notables. Rich brown's Olimar is so good. Got close, but lost to him.
:018:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
WHOBO 5 was awesome! I need to work on a few small things though, namely patience (aka not being an idiot when at kill%/CG%), SDI, and tournament mentality. Hopefully by APEX I'll be whipped into shape ;D Good stuff all over the board to Seagull and his solid placings, although we both know that there's room for improvement for each of us.

Hey Wolf boards,

I'm participating in a teaching event here in SFL for new players coming into the scene. My team consists of a Wolf/MK, Ike, and another Wolf. For this week I want to focus on spacing moves; if I may ask, could you link me to the best videos showing good Wolf spacing?

Thanks guys!

I'm a bit late, but Kain and Choice have always had pretty damn good spacing imo. Check out some of their vids.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
uh... I haven't seen any wolf, EVER, consistently display good spacing throughout a match.

If you want to watch good spacing, watch a really good iceclimber play a metaknight

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Consistently good spacing throughout a whole match is nearly impossible unless you can always predict with 100% certainty where your opponent is going to position himself in every situation. It's easy for Ice Climbers to adjust their spacing to their opponent because he will try keep a respectable distance to them.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i'm not talking about perfect play gheb. I'm talking about the copious amount of times i've seen every wolf player mis-space pretty standard attacks (i.e. using blaster blaster when an opponent is way too close a distance).

something basic like that should never be done, but we all still do.

maybe we have different definitions of spacing

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i'm not talking about perfect play gheb. I'm talking about the copious amount of times i've seen every wolf player mis-space pretty standard attacks (i.e. using blaster blaster when an opponent is way too close a distance).

something basic like that should never be done, but we all still do.

maybe we have different definitions of spacing
I'm getting there.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Aw, :( yeah... People love it when someone trolls (or thinks he's trolling) -_- They hate trolls yet they love to view it...k. How are you doing Rizen? It's nice to chat with you. :)
I've been better.
SSBB is fun and Wolf's a fun character to use. I saw a heard of elk, a (separate) herd of mountain goats and 3 moose last weekend. That was a great photo op, I still need to upload the pictures.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I've been better.
SSBB is fun and Wolf's a fun character to use. I saw a heard of elk, a (separate) herd of mountain goats and 3 moose last weekend. That was a great photo op, I still need to upload the pictures.

Yeah he is! :) I love watching Seagull <3 This man will just make Wolf SSTeir one day! I'm working on developing my Link, D3, and Ike :) I hope I finish my combo video... since it's still not done yet... Seven years... because of many things... life,college,family,SD card corruption (there goes my Yoshi Aib moments...), and finding people to play with (that have at least a decent connection, so I can do some special tricks, moves, and so on.)

:O Well I'll pray for you that you'll receive some better days. I truly hope you do! :) I hope everyone gets a great day (each and everyday). That's awesome! :D So you love to hike, huh? Or climb mountains? I would love to see some mother nature pictures. :) You seem like a simple guy that enjoys some videos games? That's how I see it.

Edit: Ha ha! Thanks for the nice chat Rizen :) I still hope I get to see your nature pictures. Well, you enjoy your day or night. Hope you have a better one tommorrow :D Good day~

Rizen

Smash Legend
Damn this thread is dead :(

Walmart protests nation wide on black Friday!
(copied and pasted. If you don't want to hear it don't click the spoiler)
Join the protest on black Friday (November 29)!
http://www.blackfridayprotests.org/
Remember 'black Friday' is the day after Thanksgiving when all the sales happen. The stores at this point stop being in the red and cross over into profiting for the year aka being in the black (hence the name).

Walmart. They outsource which hurts the economy
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/06/walmart-outsourcing-depresses-wages_n_1573885.html
Threaten workers, breaking labor laws
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/18/walmart-nlrb_n_4298387.html
discriminate against women
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/06/walmart-sex-discrimination-women-_n_1575859.html
and pay so low that workers have set up food drives to support their fellow workers!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osOhBDl_9uI[/youtube]

Here's some of my state's history with Walmart
Oh man. Well first of all you (you the reader, editorial usage) know Walmart has low prices but at the hidden cost of ruining the economy by outsourcing jobs/products and paying terrible wages with no benefits for workers?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/06/walmart-outsourcing-depresses-wages_n_1573885.html

History:

Walmarts are getting really crafty at sneaking in towns. Here they opened a mall Walmart by going through a source that didn't actually show their name. People started getting suspicious by the color scheme. So a local newspaper wrote and asked 'is a Walmart coming?' and got no response. They tried several times over the months before the Walmart was built. Then finally when it was built people were surprised by it sneaking in, we have had a lot of opposition. The paper interview Walmart and they said they were always honest about coming but this was the same paper who tried to call them and see what store was coming in for months. So the printed an article saying 'Walmart lies, we tried to call them and communicate for a long time and they used sneaky techniques to get a store here (avoiding most legal procedures by going in an existing building without using the Walmart name) and avoided answering us. This is the kind of store Walmart is'.

Speaker from another town:

So I came to support an anti-Walmart group with 3 people from another progressive group and heard about that. We also had speakers from another town where an Walmart had been stopped from building over a lake (filling it in) years before. An 'urban renewal authority' said they would turn a run down mall into a new shopping center a few years ago but they did nothing and let the properties get worse and worse. Now they want to put a Walmart in there! This is mostly a residential area btw. Walmart said they invited people from the neighborhood for a Q&A discussion and the speaker for our group lived a block away from the site and she wasn't invited; as far as we know it didn't happen or was private. Walmart has done a ton of underhanded stuff like paying people to go and say a vote in city council already happened and Walmart was voted in- when it hadn't happened yet! They pay people to go to protests and act abusive (making a little girl cry) to attract cops break them up. Now they're basically building this huge Walmart- that has already made a local Safeway and other local store close after the announcement- in an urban neighborhood that has opposed them for years. People have attended city council meetings over and over agaist it. People doing nothing except wear a Pinocchio nose mask and wig have been dragged out of meetings and arrested for 'disorderly conduct' when they were sitting quietly waiting for there turn to speak! Walmart lost votes by a lot and was 'voted in'. What is this the gestapo?!

Another speaker was a worker and member of OURWalmart (Organization United for Respect), a union like group of Walmart workers.

http://forrespect.org/

talking about how they keep hours at 39.5, where 40 hours a week gets benefits by law. They said only 19 workers had an isolated protest when over 160 people (iirc) were there. They've cut hours to keep people from getting benefits, bonuses in holiday times like Nov, Dec. She been thrown in jail despite legal rights to strike. All the BS is just sickening.

So we're formulating campaigns including boycotting Walmart, with online petitions to prove it's not a few people opposing Walmart like they claim. Comparing prices in other stores for alternatives (with compares well btw, Walmart is not necessary), getting the public informed, communications between Walmart and the cities/public (Walmart's terrible about this besides stupid propaganda ad BS). And helping other cities oppose Walmart before they can arrive. Walmart is learning and getting really sneaky!

The bottom line is Walmart does not treat workers like they should and destroys the economy by outsourcing jobs/products, running other stores out of buisness, and having working people on food stamps and gov support because they have no benefits like insurances and terrible wages. I think Jesus is rolling in his grave or whatever. You don't treat fellow humans like this! They disgust me!

Walmart is wrecking the economy. When jobs are outsourced it means they leave the country. Workers get paid so low they end up on government assistance. They literally will make workers hours barely short of the legal requirements to get benefits (like 39.5 hours instead of 40). They've broken laws threatening workers. Used sneaky tactics and lies to creep into areas (see spoiler above). They kill local business. Walmart is a cancer on society.

Walmart protests are in no way against Walmart shoppers; it's hard to not shop there and make ends meet. Have you ever heard the song '16 Tons'? Mine workers would get supplies from the company store but they would cost more than the miners' were paid. This put them deeper and deeper in debt.
the line "Saint Peter don't call me 'cause I can't go; I owe my soul to the company store" expresses that. Walmart is today's 'company store'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/16_tons
We encourage people to shop at alternative stores if possible. There have been tests, really, and Walmart is actually not cheaper than other stores. They start low and raise their prices.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/24/target-cheaper-than-walmart_n_1827883.html
(We've done our own tests too.)
If some idiot at a protest is disruptive and says it's against the workers they were probably paid by Walmart to do that! These protests are for Walmart workers, by Walmart workers!
http://forrespect.org/

Some people end up getting $12,000 a year. That's $1,000 a month (ah simple math); you can't find a place to rent that low usually! Forget food and other necessities. They don't get health insurance or benefits either.

How can Walmart executives sleep at night?! Oh right the owners (Walton family 6 members) sleep on billions of dollars; as much money as the lower 30% of Americans COMBINED have!!!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/08/walmart-heirs_n_1137492.html

You don't treat fellow human beings like this damnit!!!

So what to do?

1 Boycott Walmart.
2 Sign the petition: http://action.changewalmart.org/page/s/mainstreetpresident?source=blackfridayprotests
3 Find a protest near you: http://www.blackfridayprotests.org/

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
so how many of you are furry's? ;)
Only the bad :wolf:s are furries. Except for Shiro.

Me? I've got a different problem. I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control even for a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and show you just how powerful I really am.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Try working a customer service job on Thanksgiving morning.... And again on friday.
I do. I work at a grocery store. I opened yesterday on self scan, 6:00am - 2:00pm
Today I work 2:00am - 10:00am in pricing.
Tomorrow I close on self-scan though, 6:00pm - 1:00am

Luckily for me, next week is my last week, so sleep will exist for me again :D

If you wanna know what a normal week's schedule is like for me at work, here's my schedule from 2 weeks ago (last week's was similar but I'm too tired to go find where I kept my copy of it)

Sunday: 5:15pm - 1:00am
Tuesday: 12:00am - 8:00am
Wednesday: 2:00am - 10:00am
Thursday: 6:00am - 2:00pm
Friday: 8:45pm - 1:00am
Saturday: 2:00pm - 6:00pm

Top Bottom