• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Winter) Warehouse Throwdown: 2 - $75 Melee... - November 23rd, 2013 - St. Joseph/St. Cloud, MN

Bayless

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

Bayless here for the official announcement of (Winter) Warehouse Throwdown:2!

You guys made the first such an amazing success that I'm already announcing the second one the day after the first!

Minnesota Melee, Brawl, and Project: M Tournament
November 23, 2013
St. Joseph/St. Cloud, Minnesota
Location: 30593 Pearl Dr Suite #6, Saint Joseph, MN 56374 (Privately Owned Warehouse)

**BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!**

Planned Events:
Brawl Singles
Melee Singles
Melee Doubles
Project: M Singles
Project: M Doubles

Schedule (subject to change)
10 AM – Venue Opens for setup
10:30 AM – Signups
11 AM – Begin Events

Cost
$10 Venue Fee - This includes 2 slices of pizza and a soda/water
$10 Singles Entry for Melee and P:M
$5 Singles Entry for Brawl
$20 (per team) Doubles Entry (Melee and P:M)
Bring a TV Discount - $3 off Venue fee. Must be CRT 12”+ Color and Sound, ect.
Bring a System + Game - $2 off Venue fee (Melee + GC/Wii, Brawl + Wii, or Brawl with SD Card + Wii)
**Discounts on setups can only be given if there are enough TVs to play them on.**

Prizes
1st Place – 60%
2nd Place – 30%
3rd Place – 10%
4th Place - Entry Fee Back

Contact Info: To RSVP yourself to play, bring a setup, ect. Or any other questions, please contact Bayless at 320.266.5157 or MikeGBayless@gmail.com

You can RSVP just by saying so in this thread, or on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/521443757936618/?context=create
Don't forget to join the Minnesota Smash Community Page! https://www.facebook.com/groups/540421182680998/

Rulesets:

Melee Rules:
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is ALLOWED.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff’s Rising Pound or Peach’s Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “1221″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:
Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Project M Ruleset:

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE
* Input Assist set to OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in “1221″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Starter (Singles)
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi’s Story

Counterpick (Singles)
Dracula’s Castle
Green Hill Zone
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare
Yoshi’s Island: Brawl

Starter (Doubles)
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville
SSE: Jungle
Yoshi’s Island: Brawl

Counterpick (Doubles)
Dracula’s Castle
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare

After each match:
1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Brawl Ruleset:
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to “Off” and “None”
Pause set to “Off”
Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
There is a 35 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.
If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins.

Stage List

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Deepak and I will not be letting WI win teams!!!!! U guys think ur gunna *** take our munnie GTFO :smash:

xtra you gotta make it! i remember you from when i was a scrub! old school smash ftw :^)

Bayless

Smash Cadet
Looks like I need a doubles partner then now that Deepak is going lol. Heibel where you at!? I'd ask you RRR but I'm guessing you'll team with Chris?

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
Completely random double elim bracket. Sets take like 3-5 minutes instead of 8-15 so the bracket goes really quickly.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
What's the format of the various events? Straight bracket, RR pools, bracket pools, what what?

I ask because it might partly determine what all I sign up for. And also to mentally prepare myself to throw my money out the window if I show up for a straight-bracket-play-Chexr-first-round incident like what happened last time I went to a Minnesota event lol (that was a Games n' Go thing I think, at least a year ago now I think)

Related note I will MM anyone at this event in Melee for a dollar, gotta get good somehow m i rite

Still not sure if I've got a ride lined up buttttt fingers crossed

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
I'll be there!

who wants to team? bryce? evoxr/ alex? bayless still want a partner?

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there!

who wants to team? bryce? evoxr/ alex? bayless still want a partner?
I'd be down to team but I wouldn't be offended if you got a better offer lol

Although I would say I've improved since we last played (w/ Puff at least)

YAY RE: pools if by pools you mean round robin pools, us unseeded folk like getting a decent sampling of chances rather than maybe just plain getting double murdered by fate. +1 to my odds of signing up for P:M

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
^lets do it. I wouldn't fish for better offers since teams aren't really my thing and I haven't been playing people lately.

Are pools going to be round robin?! I for one would really like that.

Bayless

Smash Cadet
Yup!!! Round robin pools into brackets. Last time I did straight brackets because it was my first tournament and it was a bit difficult to organize. Also I'm teaming with D. Disciple already. Looking forward to seeing yall there

Bayless

Smash Cadet
Just a reminder for everyone to bring Gamecubes/Wiis to Warehouse 2, you get a $2 discount on your venue fee! We still have a lot of TVs open that don't have setups for them yet! Plus, the discount is only eligible if we have a TV to play your setup on, so if you bring one, make sure to get there a little early!!!

Tuggieman

Smash Rookie
Just saw this and I am extremely hyped. Finally a tournament in MN! Depending on the situation I might be bringing a TV and 2 Wii's for Brawl/Project M. This will be my first legit tournament. Finally a chance to see how well I can hold up against other players. Count me and 3 others in! :joyful:

Chexr

Smash Ace
Me and Aaron will be there

Edit: Also down to play some pokemon matches if anyone wants to fight my crappy team

Bayless

Smash Cadet
OKAY EVERYONE! I've got more incredible news! Mr. Kevin Fair and the rest of I Play Games are our first official sponsor. With that, they've decided to be generous enough to donate a whopping $50 pot bonus for Project: M Singles! So there's a $75 Pot Bonus for Melee Singles, and a $50 for Project: M Singles!!! Please give a HUGE thanks and support to I Play Games by checking out their site at www.ipgnation.com and their facebook page!

bluezaft

The True Zaft
This will be my last MN smash event before I move to Texas! This tournament is looking more and more awesome every day. Hope to see you all there.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Looking to come out to this. Would anyone from MN be willing to pick me up from the Megabus station friday afternoon or evening, and possibly drop me off sunday?

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I'll be working from home and wouldn't be around to pick you up, but if you arrive before 7pm, you could easily take a nearby bus directly to my place. And I could drop you off on Sunday.

That might be kind of a pain for you though, so hopefully someone else will step in to help. If not, PM me for details.

Top Bottom