• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii U Patch 1.0.9 is here! Prepare for Tourney Mode and Youtube Compatibility!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatMax Sakuraba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Neku2012
3DS FC
3093-7612-8482
The next patch for the Wii U version is here. The 3DS has not received an update.
All of your replays are fine.
This patch is to prepare for the new Tournament Mode and Youtube Compatibility.

Last edited:

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Do u guys know about the buffs and nerfs yet?prob a side smash nerf for Roy.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
All replays are still in tact. No gameplay changes.

I feel it's either fixing or updating servers or preparing for more DLC.

Last edited:

Aquamentii

Smash Apprentice
i think the fact that replays are still intact means that characters are unchanged. Does it say in patch notes that characters were balanced?

UPDATE: There are no patch notes for 1.0.9 when I went to check. Maybe they will become visible shortly?

Last edited:

BeatMax Sakuraba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Neku2012
3DS FC
3093-7612-8482
Warning Received
i think the fact that replays are still intact means that characters are unchanged. Does it say in patch notes that characters were balanced?

UPDATE: There are no patch notes for 1.0.9 when I went to check. Maybe they will become visible shortly?
This patch is only for the Wii U version.

Someone in the 1.0.8 thread says no. http://smashboards.com/threads/luca...nity-patch-notes.406319/page-35#post-19563287

Which leaves me very curious as to what's actually been changed.
The Pac-Man glitches have not been fixed...yet. They probably will in 1.1.0

All replays are still in tact. No gameplay changes.

I feel it's either fixing or updating servers or preparing for more DLC.
Preparation for Tourney Mode and Direct Uploading to Youtube with Replays.

Do u guys know about the buffs and nerfs yet?prob a side smash nerf for Roy.
No gameplay changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no character changes if replays are intact.

Nintendo/Sakurai never does patch notes. The community has to handle that.

Aquamentii

Smash Apprentice
There are no character changes if replays are intact.

Nintendo/Sakurai never does patch notes. The community has to handle that.
In the 'notes and eshop' tab in the main menu it'll have a list of patches, and a general list of all that the update changed. It doesn't say 'Diddy's Upair is useless now' or 'Charizard has a combo throw' but it'll say gameplay balances/tweaks were made

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
cross_f.rpx? Anybody know what that file does?
Being located under the /code/ folder, I cannot confirm what it is but the only thought that comes in my mind is that it (obviously) has something to do with the "front" ISO coding.

cos.xml (located in the same folder) has an interesting mention of the very file that we are wondering about.

What it does completely obliterates my guesses, however.

There's also another file titled "app.xml" that seems to contains the version number (still in the same folder) but that one isn't much of interest.

I'll let y'all know if I find anything (assuming nobody does before me, which is unlikely)

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Few more tweets from RBT:

1. There's a bunch of compressed chunks in that executable, but I don't see any new character names or whatever. Just technical jargon.

1. (Cont'd) Kinopio = Captain Toad (of course), Slate = Game & Wario, Red-Pro2 = NSMBU, Lunch = NintendoLand, Seven = Kirby & the Rainbow Curse

2. Nintendo uses codenames all the time. Gambit = Splatoon, CKing = WWHD, RedCarpet = SM3DW, TenSt = Mario Party 10, Turbo = Mario Kart 8...

3. For those wondering what the heck "cross_f.rpx" is, .RPX files are the "programs" for Wii U games, and "cross_f" is the game's codename.

Nah

Smash Champion
Why only an update for the WiiU version though? Usually when there's an update/patch it's for both versions and not just one.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Why only an update for the WiiU version though? Usually when there's an update/patch it's for both versions and not just one.
If this is in preparation for Tourney mode, the 3DS won't have that functionality. So it doesn't make sense to update it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Considering it's a contentless patch (from what we can see), probably don't need to keep the thread open for it.

Let me know if I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom