• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wierd Stuff with Mario's Cape

sneakytako

Smash Lord
So I was playing friendlies with Mario vs Falcon, and I knocked falcon off the stage on dreamland and prepared to gimp him.

What happened next is totally baffling.

I hit him with a cape as he was trying to recover to the ledge with his side-b (raptor boost). What it looked like visually was that he grabbed the ledge backwards (he literally turned around and had a grab ledge animation facing the wrong way), then he teleported across the stage like a samus super wavedash, and he appeared on the stage near the edge of the platform on the opposite side of the stage.

I THINK what is happening is that he went through the stage, brawl did weird things when stages changed like castle siege. I think he was colliding just underneath the top of the stage portion, and was kicked out near the middle of the stage. I'm pretty sure there's something wonky about Mario cape physics.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
falcon has a very small backwards ledge grab box, but im not sure what happened with the other bit.

i think you are right about mario's cape being wonky. it interacting with falcon's backwards ledgegrab box is what did it i think

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
This could happen in Brawl too, but its very obscure so no one really knew about it.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Like I want to clarify what I saw.

When falcon grabbed the ledge, not only was he facing the wrong way, he was grabbing a ledge that was not there. He was facing away from the ledge and grabbing just pure air, then teleported across the stage to the middle of the stage beneath the edge of the far platform.

It was really really weird.

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
IIRC my friend has a replay of the glitch from a random wifi session, and what you described pretty much happened, its was weird to say the least

Top Bottom