• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Lady Gaga is better than your faves.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I once did that to eliminate an AV blog. It's well worth the infraction.

I'd do it myself if I could afford another infraction right now....

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Now class, sw96 is the perfect example of what happens when you get too steeped in the furry world.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Just stopped by to say that Lady Gaga is a huge laugh. Definitely not unique, special, or talented. Guess that explains why she's so popular~

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Just stopped by to say that Lady Gaga is a huge laugh. Definitely not unique, special, or talented. Guess that explains why she's so popular~
She definitely has talent, as you can tell if you watch/listen to her pre-Gaga work.

That said, she doesn't put that talent to work now very much, especially not in her new album.

I'd also like to say, though, that I'm not a fan of the whole "anyone who's popular is untalented and terrible" mindset because that just makes you sound like the worst kind of hipster and then you just start acting like you should feel like a bad person for enjoying music that's popular. And nobody should feel bad for listening to whatever music they enjoy.

Lady Gaga is talented. I think her studio music is overproduced and don't particularly care for it. But she's still talented.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51...6PCOtILjxjXSf0pLO5UvdQ&lf=autoplay&playnext=0
Yep, ninja'd. This is a great example of her talent.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
She sounds like every other typical female singer. There is absolutely nothing special going on in that video.

Also, who said that anyone popular is untalented and terrible and everyone should feel bad about liking them? Where are you getting this crap? I really don't even know where to begin responding because doing so would require me to swim through a sea of scarecrows and I certainly don't have the patience for that at the moment.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
She sounds like every other typical female singer. There is absolutely nothing special going on in that video.
Well, considering there are plenty of pop singers who can't sing for ****, much less play an instrument, I'd say that's at least something. I'm not saying she's the most talented person in the world (far from it, I completely disagree with that, in fact), but you said she's "not talented." The fact that she can sing and play an instrument pretty much contradicts that.

Also, who said that anyone popular is untalented and terrible and everyone should feel bad about liking them? Where are you getting this crap? I really don't even know where to begin responding because doing so would require me to swim through a sea of scarecrows and I certainly don't have the patience for that at the moment.
Sorry, the whole "Guess that explains why she's so popular" implied the beginnings of that mentality to me. If that's not what you were implying with that whole thing, then I apologize, but generally when you say somebody's untalented and that's WHY they're popular, it just has that implication of "anyone who can become popular has no talent."

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
She wrote those songs herself. She's an accomplished pianist. She has a nice voice (even if you don't care for it). She sings and plays perfectly the whole way through.

I think that qualifies for having talent.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I am extremely familiar with her work. I have all of her albums. My point is that on her new album, it's all electronic beats and crap and there's no ballad like "Brown Eyes" or "Speechless."

Yes, I know she still performs as she always has. That doesn't change the fact that I prefer a less overproduced sound in the actual songs.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
loooooooooool

I posted a gif from the video.

Notice when you click to watch the video the little "you must be 18 years or older to watch" thing doesn't pop up.
Meaning nothing from the video was deemed inappropriate.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Very true.

And that's why I like DUBSTEP and electric music.
Especially other disc jockeys like jason Blake.

But Jason Blake's completely irrelevant.yo DUBSTEP and loud music.
He makes a kind of theme that sounds like harmony.

Like fall creek boys choir and the Wilhelm scream.
So peaceful as hell.

D

Deleted member

loooooooooool

I posted a gif from the video.

Notice when you click to watch the video the little "you must be 18 years or older to watch" thing doesn't pop up.
Meaning nothing from the video was deemed inappropriate.
SWF rules =/= YT rules maybe?

D

Deleted member

Okay, I've just found my answer. She is definitely trolling.

Everyone ignore her and it will all go away.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I don't ignore anybody.
Even if there was a major amount of trolling, I really wouldn't.

Speaking of mad skills, the DJ equipment is on my wishlist.

All I know about Lady GaGa is that making a rock cover of one of her songs in a college party makes you a lot of money.

Money that I'm gonna use to buy the latest Paramore album. :awesome:

In the mourning comes out on tuesday. :bee:
AJI2OJV25POIAM;KA562SDIHVI899ANAJNA-- *blows up*

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
AJI2OJV25POIAM;KA562SDIHVI899ANAJNA-- *blows up*
Actually it came out today. :3
Listening to it on repeat for the next week.

Calm down hayley, you're making gaga look bad.

Also just listened to In the Morning/Mourning.
Not impressed.
>is obsessed with a generic dancepop artist
>isn't impressed with a mid-tempo alt rock song

You probably listened to a terrible live version recorded from someone's phone too.

*reads comments section*

Hmmm, don't you mean your fave? :troll:

Jokes aside, it's cool that Hayley can enjoy the music that she likes. Her taste in Gaga though isn't the same as mine, even though we actually have similar taste in music. And again, it's also cool cause she's simply enjoying the music, not shoving her taste in music down my throat, unlike what the OP suggests.

Also just listened to In the Morning/Mourning.
Not impressed.
That's cool. Just keep on listening to your Gaga, and I'll keep on listening to my long list of faves.

Actually it came out today. :3
Listening to it on repeat for the next week.
I've been trying to download it all day on my phone, but for some reason, I had no 3G all day, so I rushed home early after class to listen to it. I didn't expect it to have a country feel, since the live performances suggested that it would be just an acoustic song like Misguided Ghosts, but I'm still digging the song.

You probably listened to a terrible live version recorded from someone's phone too.
It was with a live video recorded from a cell phone that I fell in love with the song actually, lol. I think it was this one to be specific: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYmJeRSg9CU

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been trying to download it all day on my phone, but for some reason, I had no 3G all day, so I rushed home early after class to listen to it. I didn't expect it to have a country feel, since the live performances suggested that it would be just an acoustic song like Misguided Ghosts, but I'm still digging the song.
I didn't expect it to be country-ish either, but I still love it, and i'm happy paramore is taking so many risks with their recent music. I hope they continue to do this on their next album, though more country songs are probably something I could live without because there's very few songs from that genre I enjoy. The fact that I like this song so much is probably just a happy accident, lol.

It was with a live video recorded from a cell phone that I fell in love with the song actually, lol. I think it was this one to be specific: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYmJeRSg9CU
This seems much better quality than most, but I still don't like it. I think it sounds too flat. :/
Paramore has above average live performances but I generally stay away from them. I hated Renegade when I heard the live version, I thought it sounded like a generic punk rock song.

Top Bottom