• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does Peach lose her 2nd jump when floating after shield drop?

DarkRijin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkRijin
if i had to guess, you can't float without being in JUMPF/B or JUMPAERIALF/B (normal jump and double jump respectively)...as even ground level float is a realistically a frame perfect float)

so since you are falling in from shield drop (or dropping in general), you can't activate a float without DJ

N JA

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure why it happens, but you have to fall a certain distance (frames?) before being able to activate float and not burn the double jump. If I recall correctly, you can drop through the top platform on battlefield and close to the bottom you'll be able to float w/o burning your double jump.

DarkRijin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkRijin
I'm not sure why it happens, but you have to fall a certain distance (frames?) before being able to activate float and not burn the double jump. If I recall correctly, you can drop through the top platform on battlefield and close to the bottom you'll be able to float w/o burning your double jump.
you are correct, so i tested this with debug mode...you are in PASS state for 30 Frames, which is why you cannot float until you are in FALL state (right after PASS)

Top Bottom