• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does no one talk about this?

Bibli_Blek

Smash Rookie
Dash dance jump desync- dash one way, dash the other. Press jump on the frame you do the second dash. Nana will jump you won't. My question is, how come no one uses this? It seems super useful for all kinds of stuff. You can use it in conjunction with aerials to make an up air wall or to approach, and it serves as a faster way to start projectile desyncs. You can also do some wavedash shenanigans with Nana, although I'm not sure if those have any use. From what I can tell, people have known about this since 2011 when it was used in an hrc tas, but I had never heard of it in 2015 when I stumbled upon it by mistake. I haven't found any threads dedicated to it, do people not know about this or is it just worthless?

IC-Rambler

Smash Cadet
I think it's mainly because it's frame perfect.The reward to risk (of messing it up) is too large to justify it a lot. I can see how it has potential, and I am actually labbing with it a little as a faster way to desync blizzard, but really the option is just overshadowed by easier techs that usually have the same effect. No one has really given it too much love tho, so it could have some good potential.

Edit: Pivot Nana SH-bizzard is ****ing legit

Last edited:

NTRN

Smash Cadet
I actually do these quite often in my play. I initially started with the blizzards for the insta-fh or sh blizzards, but there was the added benefit of being a good visual indicator of success. If you are early on the jump you sync blizzard forwards, late is sync backwards, and perfect is just Nana. I think it's best purpose is probably hitting the uncomfortably high floating peaches while popo waits underneath in shield. But very high risk..

After working with it for a few months I moved to predominantly Nana jump iceblocks, as it is a very fast way to get out a projectile with almost no setup or downtime. It has the advantage over blizzard because of how you can stagger it. Ie I often use long dash forward, dash back, pivot forward jump iceblock. When done perfectly, Nana shoots an iceblock over popos head while he is totally actionable for something like a sh ac uair for the opponent jumping over the ice block. When the timing missed however, Nana ends up 2 body lengths ahead popo, still synced, doing retreating double ice blocks with a large separation.

Honestly, most of my neutral comes from that, dash back Nana dsmash, dash back popo usmash, and pivots.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Dash one way, then smash stick the other way to smash turn and dash back, and input jump on the exact same frame as the turn. Turn takes priority over jump when dashing, so popo turns, but nana cannot smash turn at all, so she will jump. Comparing to pivoting moves, you need to press the jump a little earlier (1 frame) than when doing pivot fsmash for instance.

B Bibli_Blek Wobbles discovered that in the ancient times: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-fastest-desync-ever.92091/

Last edited:

Bibli_Blek

Smash Rookie
Update: This also works with taunts. I feel like this could actually be really useful, but even if it isn't, it still looks really damn cool.

NTRN

Smash Cadet
eh, what good is taunt going to do for you ;)
Other than the ultimate bait? Pivot taunt Nana, d smash?

Also you can do some real fast intricate taunts with pivot taunt Nana, dash away, pivot+1 frame taunt to get the max distance hammer touch taunt.

Jesus!

Smash Cadet
i feel like this is really good vs falco because nana will tank the laser and you can punish if you're close enough

Top Bottom