• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does a charged fsmash during a wavedash stop momentum?

Skyhawk

Smash Rookie
I can't seem to find anything on the boards about this. Has anyone ever done any testing with it? Is it even useful?

Yann J.Ridin

Smash Apprentice
Switzerland, La Suisse, Pays de Neuchâtel
It's because you have like to frame when you can start to Dash and still do a Fsmash. That is like a buffer to make Smash more easy. So if you do you re Fsmash perfectly (so whithout start dashing) it won t stop your momentum.
It s Only for hard read cause it's really slow. Ftilt is really more safe.

Btw Down Fsmash is so good

Blitzbuster

Smash Rookie
Thank you so much for clearing that up Yann J.Ridin!

I personally think that this is something that an be explored more. It's essentially the same thing as a pivot to stop our momentum and could be just as good as wd f-tilt since no one has been able to implement pivot ftilt yet. It definitely is slower that ftilt, but I really do think this can be a good mix-up cuz everyone just expects us to slide in for an easy punish. Definitely requires more exploration though.

You probably know this already, but this explains why charging your f-smash with cstick + z does not cause your momentum to stop. This is good to know, cuz I was always scared to use f-smash in case the "momentum glitch" on f-smash kicked in and screwed me up.

lightvash

Smash Cadet
actually it's a decent mixup if your opponent is shielding a lot. you're pretty safe after doing it on someone's shield because since your momentum stops, you get pushed away so they can't punish you. however, if you tried to ftilt and still have momentum, they can usually punish u with an OOS option

Flurb18

Smash Cadet
I sometimes use it if I'm approaching and they're rolling through my attacks a lot, the stopped fsmash just gets em right when they come out of roll.

Top Bottom