• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's your most aggressively played character?

Delta Eternal

Smash Rookie
NNID
xXd3ltaXx
3DS FC
4210-4070-6504
I'm looking for a change of pace from my normal mains, I tend to play them in a failure-punishing fashion, which gives me decent success. Who do you play super-aggressively?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I'm the most proficient as Ganon, as his moveset is nearly identical to Brawl, and I've mastered chasing opponents off the side of the stage with him, but it takes alot of practice to get used to his weak jumps, compensated by his devestating aerial attacks.

After playing with all the characters, I feel like Pikachu's moveset lends itself naturally towards very aggressive play, he's great at unleashing an endless torrent of lightning fast attacks, most noticeably his aerial game consists of several multi-hitting attacks that cover his whole body, great for chasing an opponent off the ledge with. And opponents have a tough time running away from the speed demon, especially with his up b and side b able to launch him across the map.

Last edited:

pershona

Smash Journeyman
If you want an aggressive character, Falcon is easily the best option. I would also say that characters like Diddy, Sheik and Zero Suit Samus can really aggressive too.

Snerp

Smash Cadet
Fox. He's short ranged so you're forced to get up close and personal but that's part of why he's so rewarding to play.

Hostageclam

Smash Cadet
NNID
flood0f72
Fox is definitely one of the best characters to play aggressively. Very short ranged, forcing you to get aggressive and constantly put pressure on your opponent. Super fun to play as well. I'd strongly recommend him.​

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
As weird as it may sound, I'm gonna have to say Link. I'm not fond of the whole projectile spam playstyle I see most people do with him, but I've mained him since Smash 64 and he remains my main to this day, I just choose to play him aggressively.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Out of my go-to mains: :4luigi:,:4falcon:,:4wario2:, and :4fox:.

I'd say :4falcon: since I'm always on the offensive, punishing my opponents and going from dash grabs to u-airs. Even when I'm being spaced out by ranged characters like :4duckhunt:, I still manage to pressure my opponents. Works every time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ganondorf is one of the more aggressive fighters, seeing as he's a close combat fighter, and hits very hard. He does lack speed, however, which isn't good against those who like to attack from a distance. Likewise, Ganondorf's recovery is very predictable.

Of course, I've been most fond of Rosalina, but she's not the best choice if you're looking for a heavily aggressive fighter; with Rosalina, she's more of a strategist, and prefers to take advantage of her opponent's mistakes.

Holla@ChaBoi390

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3153-5100-6686
I go back and forth between playing defensively and aggressively as Mario but if I switch mid match I find aggressive play very rewarding. A lot of players panic and get overwhelmed easily, leading to them making stupid mistakes.

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
This is kind of a bad habit with me, but I play every character aggressively, even when they don't have the tools to do so.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Shulk. Odd choice, I know.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
I tend to go ham with every character I play though I almost always go on the defensive and bait out whiffs in order to punish.

To date :4sheik: is my only Sm4sh character where I just play 100% aggression since I have tools to deal with practically any situation.

Victor Hugo Amaro

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4425-2581-6215
I would say that the best ofensives characters in the game are:4bowser:, :4falcon:, :4zss: and:4sonic:. Their playstyle are very similar to each other, except for Koopa that is a fat one, and is not combo oriented like falcon and sonic. But yeah, a lot of graps and dash attacks in their games, also with rolls and such. The lack of projectiles make them less options than not going all in.

And i don't know about you guys, but you consider Lil'Mac a agressive character? He has a very patient gameplay i know, but he can be played agressive and it works.

jxthrx

Smash Rookie
NNID
jxthrx
I find myself trying to be more aggressive regardless of character choice, but of course that doesn't always work out. I find that i'm definitely more successful if i start playing aggressively and offensively as Shiek, Fox, Falcon, and surprisingly Duck Hunt Duo.

And i don't know about you guys, but you consider Lil'Mac a agressive character? He has a very patient gameplay i know, but he can be played agressive and it works.
Mac definitely has the toolkit for it. His fast speed, relative lack of start up/end lag on most of his moves, and superarmor on some of his hardest hitting moves means that you're relatively safe while putting on pressure and staying in someone's face.

But I would also say that stage choice and matchup have a bigger influence on Mac than most others. All it takes is one character who can bait him into the air constantly, or have him chase them across platforms, and that aggressive playstyle can definitely come back to bite you.

Azew

Smash Lord
It used to be :4lucina:, but I just had a hard time making that work.

Now it's probably :4pikachu:, because of it's ability to rush in and avoid obvious punishment.

Last edited:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
For me, probably:4falcon:and:4peach:.
:4ganondorf: is aggressive in the game, but I'm not too good with him.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
None of my characters are particularly aggressive. Funny how that works.

Out of those I do play, though, the most aggressive would be Doc and Dorf. :3

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Not sure if it's how I'm supposed to be playing him, but my Olimar has been really, really aggressive lately. Having such a fast, long range, disjoined F-smash, damage over time projectile, and better combo game with 4's hitstun is really making him interesting up in grills.

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
I'd have to add two to the list, one being wario, just jumping right in, smashing the players is so satisfying, and yet so useful, but then there is luigi, which he just goes in and gets that combo game underway, EASY win with a good timed UP-B or down throw into nair or down-b

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
My :4yoshi: has been aggressive since Melee. He is a real beast after all.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I play aggressively with pretty much every character, I suck at camping and it's no fun either, so I'm always trying to get upfront with the opposition. My absolute most aggressive character is probably Meta Knight though due to the pace of his play.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Sonic is my most aggressive, because I can't do anything from far away, and Pit is a close second with his good range and attack speed. His arrows are mostly used at the start of the match and when the opponent gets knocked too far for me to follow up, causing me to use them for target practice. Not sure if that's how you use him, but it usually works out.

Endei

Smash Cadet
NNID
EndeiHero
3DS FC
4854-7111-4790
ROB is probably my most aggressive. He's just aggressive in general.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Captain Falcon and Bowser. I've always had something of an aggressive playstyle in general, rushing down on players and getting right in their faces. I've mellowed down on this practice somewhat after getting into competitive play, especially after making Robin into one of my most used characters.

Interestingly, I don't consider myself a very aggressive player whenever I use Charizard.

chewchachoman

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon is great with punishes if you can get good reads, punishing with his side-b is a game ender at high percents or if he/she throws out an attack with a lot of end lag and your within range. His down throw can also be followed up with aerials at low and high percents. Mess around with him.

Megamon

Smash Cadet
I get really aggressive with Diddy, Shiek, Yoshi, Mr. G&W, Fox, Pac-Man, and Falcon. I just want to string combos all day with those characters. Jigglypuff, too. I think the most aggressive I get is when I play as either Fox or Diddy. Pac can also be fairly aggressive, even though he's more of a wait and see character, especially with his very punishable grab and hydrant. Once you get them in your preferred area, though, you can really bring the pain with Pac's aggressive pressure. His dash attack can be easily read, so just be sure when you're being aggressive with him to try and not spam it. Okay, maybe Pac can't be too aggressive, but still, I notice when I get a string of attacks going with him, 0-death is very possible. Especially with the correct fruit stored and knowledge of when to use his side-b, which is so satisfying to kill with.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Greninja is the one I play most aggressive with. The speed and strength of his smash attacks promote a playstyle of sorts. However, I traditionally don't play aggressive characters, and prefer more space control heavy characters.

Dr.Megaman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dr.MM20XX
3DS FC
1392-5817-5075
Out of: :4megaman:,:4villagerf:,:4littlemac:,:4fox:,:4shulk: and Sometimes: :4sonic:

:4megaman: is my most aggressive. I zone with him and he is a good counter pick against aggressive :4littlemac: players.
I also play :4villagerf:, and :4fox: aggressively

Last edited:

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
When I want to play aggressively, I play Sheik, Fox, or Captain Falcon. Occasionally Ganondorf.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Aggressive Game & Watch is best Game & Watch
String those Dash Attacks into a 9'er
:4gaw:

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
I play Lucina super aggressively. I tend to push people off stage and chase them until I get the KO. You usually won't be able to recover if you're trying to fight me in the air. Plus the shield breaker is super good in this game and I tend to break a lot of shields.

Top Bottom