• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would be the best impossible new comer?

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Sora would be perfect, everything about him works for smash, and even crash bandicoot would be sweet (although impossible) but my vote goes for Gex! Let the undercover gecko kick some teeth in

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
5. Ken Griffey Jr.
4.Non Specific Action Figure
3. Nester
2.Fawful
1. The Hero's Shade

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Most obvious choice here is Banjo & Kazooie. Highlights the 64 era - and is a good way at getting an "Xbox" character :grin:

Just imagine that franchise if Rare still was with Nintendo - would still be relevant today.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Most obvious choice here is Banjo & Kazooie. Highlights the 64 era - and is a good way at getting an "Xbox" character :grin:

Just imagine that franchise if Rare still was with Nintendo - would still be relevant today.
Had Rare never ever left Nintendo in the 1st place (which was probably the worst move Rare has ever done), Banjo & Kazooie would have been playable starting in Melee, and the series would have flourished while under Nintendo's ownership, Conker would have never gone down that dark gritty path Microsoft had taken the character had he stayed with Nintendo and he would have been playable as well, probably starting in Brawl.

But alas Microsoft wanted to steal something from Nintendo and Nintendo pretty stuck a middle finger to Rare telling them to do whatever they pleased, so they went to Microsoft.

I do hope Rare and Nintendo can get back together 1 of these days (if Microsoft pulls a Sega-like move in the future).

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman

Had Rare never ever left Nintendo in the 1st place (which was probably the worst move Rare has ever done), Banjo & Kazooie would have been playable starting in Melee, and the series would have flourished while under Nintendo's ownership, Conker would have never gone down that dark gritty path Microsoft had taken the character had he stayed with Nintendo and he would have been playable as well, probably starting in Brawl.

But alas Microsoft wanted to steal something from Nintendo and Nintendo pretty stuck a middle finger to Rare telling them to do whatever they pleased, so they went to Microsoft.

I do hope Rare and Nintendo can get back together 1 of these days (if Microsoft pulls a Sega-like move in the future).
That would be awesome...

Rareware fell from making Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Banjo Kazooie, Conker, and others to being a stuido focused on the Kennect... looking at wikipedia's list of games published by them as a painful blow to the childhood.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
That would be awesome...

Rareware fell from making Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Banjo Kazooie, Conker, and others to being a stuido focused on the Kennect... looking at wikipedia's list of games published by them as a painful blow to the childhood.
Yea that really did hurt, playing the 1st 2 DKC games with my bro (along with watching him play them were a big part of my childhood), but now Rareware is a shell of what it used to be, only game I can truly enjoy the fond memories of is Perfect Dark (which was more or less an upgraded Goldeneye 64) which was probably 1 of my favorite games from their partnership from the N64 era.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's a lot of characters I'd be interested in seeing. I don't know about "best", but my favorite idea is Lufia.
Considering the fact that she's essentially the goddess of death I think that'd be something pretty interesting...
I dunno, the spoiler is like 20 years old but the game is pretty obscure at the same time...

At the very least, she is the best choice from the Lufia franchise. I mean, yeah, outside of Japan the franchise is named after her, but technically she only appeared in the original Lufia & the Fortress of Doom...
if you count the name that she uses. She appears in every game except Ruins of Lore as Erim, the Sinistral of Death. In the original Lufia 3, called Ruin Chaser before its cancellation, and Lufia: The Legend Returns, she plays a similar role to Lufia 1, except that she's called a different name before her identity as Erim being revealed.

The only connection the series really has to Nintendo is that every game appears on a Nintendo console, though Lufia 3 was planned for Playstation before that game's developer went out of business... and even more recently the Lufia franchise's main developer (Neverland) went out of business, so the odds of seeing a new game are slim (Square Enix could make a new game without Neverland's involvement if they really want to).

And yes, it is quite easy to create a moveset with her and make it original. She can use a variety of weapons in the original game, but every Lufia character is depicted wielding a default weapon in their battle sprite; hers is a Whip, a fairly unique idea (not really used in Smash right now), plus she can use several different types of magic. She specializes in water, explosion, lightning, and death magic, and the different animations for the various levels of each could prove to make for some interesting ideas.

Of course I realize this idea absolutely will never happen, but its my favorite obscure character/franchise idea. (My favorite "extremely unlikely to happen but isn't THAT obscure" goes to Saria. She's not all that obscure, but without her coming back in future games she's not that big of a character either.)

Personally, Geno and Ghirahim, for different reasons.
I don't consider Ghirahim "impossible." Relatively unlikely, yeah. If you refer to DLC then yes I consider him impossible, I don't think Assist Trophies will be DLC. But he's decently likely to get appearances in future games, so he's probably among the more likely candidates from Zelda. (He HAS to appear in another game, though.)

There's really not that many good choices from Zelda as is since most characters are one-offs or minor characters in multiple games. The only character who plays a major role in multiple games not named Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf is Impa. And with her current status Impa isn't that interesting and they'd need to give her a lot of creative liberties.

Rare was bought out by Microsoft, they didn't "leave" Nintendo. Well, you do state this earlier, but at the start you state that Rare "left" Nintendo, which they didn't. They were bought out and since Microsoft had controlling interests in Rare at that point, Nintendo just sold their shares to MS.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Godzilla'd be amazing, personally; and it at least makes more sense than Goku, since DK is inspired by King Kong, just like Godzilla was.

Very loose connection, but one nonetheless. :p

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226

Morrigan Aensland would be perfect for Smash, as her wings can morph into any weapon, which fits in with some of the crazier (read: weird-attacks possessing) characters of the cast. Her risqué outfit also fits in with ZSS's.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

dude.

duuuuuuuuude.
Conker took the dark path when he was with Nintendo on the N64. in fact he was even darkER then when he was a Microsoft character(the XB version of BFD was censored, but the N64 one wasn't.) also he has taken a lighter path with Microsoft, as he is featured in Project Spark, a children's game.

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
I think Darth Vader from Star Wars, Evan from Maplestory, Marvel's Hulk, and Borderlands's Maya would work in Smash Bros.

Top Bottom