• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who says there can only be one doctor? - Dr. Luigi for Smash 4 DLC!

Do you support or oppose Dr. Luigi being added to Smash 4?

• Total voters

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005

Now, I know what you may be thinking: "We don't need more clones!", "Nobody cares about Luigi anyway!", "Don't waste your time adding another f***ing doctor, Sakurai! Make Ridley playable!", and all that's reasonable to think (except for the 2nd quote).

But Dr. Luigi would be a good addition as a clone because he's just that - a clone.

As we already know, clones are easy to add and require much fewer hours of work for staff to add to the game compared to a whole new character (that's not to say adding newcomers as DLC is a bad idea, but clones are just easier). The animations (most of them), voice lines and base character physics are all there.

We have Dr. Mario, so why not make Dr. Luigi's changes compared to Luigi off of Dr. Mario's changes compared to Mario? This shortens the work for adding the character even more.

Now, I know it might seem like a bad idea for DLC because it seems to add very little to the roster. But despite Dr. Luigi's similarity to Luigi, different physics and move tweaks can actually make for an entirely different playstyle, while still keeping most of the base character's moveset intact.

For example, I had an idea for Dr. Luigi might be to change his side-special to something different from Luigi, like an absorber. Not only is this similar to Dr. Mario's recovery nerf compared to Mario as Dr. Luigi would no longer have very much horizontal recovery, but it would completely change how it could play compared to Luigi. This is just an example of the possibilities.

So, use this thread to post your support (or opposal :sadeyes:) for Dr. Luigi's inclusion as DLC in Smash 4, and just as a general discussion for what you think he could have different from Luigi.

P.S. I mostly mean as free DLC, as I can't imagine charging anything above $5 for a clone. Of course, a good thing to do would be to give the DLC to anyone who buys/bought Dr. Luigi the game, and then make it available as a standalone DLC for Smash 4 on the eShop for maybe...$3?​

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Mixing my two favorite Smashers into one? ANOTHER LUIGI! I SAY...

Nah.
Sorry, but I really don't see too much potential of this. Dr. Luigi was in one game, in a huge series. At least Dr. Mario had several. Plus, there isn't much you can do, seeing how Luigi has the cyclone, and an absorber doesn't make much sense. I want to support this, but I really can't.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Mixing my two favorite Smashers into one? ANOTHER LUIGI! I SAY...

Nah.
Sorry, but I really don't see too much potential of this. Dr. Luigi was in one game, in a huge series. At least Dr. Mario had several. Plus, there isn't much you can do, seeing how Luigi has the cyclone, and an absorber doesn't make much sense. I want to support this, but I really can't.
I feel you, I know it's pretty unlikely. I'm just hoping for it, because it would be really cool.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I would get it if it were free, but I really wouldn't pay for him. It would be neat, but not really keeping my hopes up.
Yes, I know, I would much rather have it free if it were to happen. You can't really charge anything for a clone character. But if they did charge for it, I would want it to be less than $3, otherwise it's too unreasonable.

I know, how unlikely it is, but I'm showing I support it and hope for it to happen. I've got no high hopes for this, but I have got hope.

Update: Anybody that votes "Oppose", if you have time could you post why you are opposed? It would be helpful.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Dr. Luigi's down special should be Dr. FLUDD, with Dr. Cyclone being his down aerial.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Please no.

The Mario series already looks like it has too many characters on the roster, and while Dr. Luigi is great and all, he's not worth the backlash it would cause. It would just be one more Mario character that is in before Toad or Paper Mario.

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
Uh...I really don't support him as a clone, sorry. I wouldn't mind seeing him as an alt for Luigi, though.

mr medicinal

Smash Rookie
make him even more slipery, with a wall jump who dies early, netural b should be the L pills that bounce in a slow awkward arc, he should have more speed and less lag than luigi, all smashes have green 'thunder' effect( standerd smash electricity, just green to go with his mr L Alt),
maybe give his side b a similer ability to pikachus up, but only able to redirect in the shape of an L.
but most importantly the only reason he should be a character is to givem him luigis brawl final smash .... if he dont have that its pointless.

he should feel like a much faster, more awkard to controle luigi who gets punished harder with more movement options
also he should get a mr L alt

Top Bottom