• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are your top5 favourite characters in this game?

Including leaked characters

• Mario

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Peach

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Bowser

• Yoshi

• Rosalina & Luma

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Bowser Jr

• Wario

• Mr Game & Watch

• DK

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Link

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Zelda

• Sheik

• Ganondorf

• Toon Link

• Samus

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Zero Suit Samus

• Pit

• Palutena

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Marth

• Ike

• Robin

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Kirby

• Meta Knight

• King Dedede

• Little Mac

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Fox

• Falco

• Pikachu

• Charizard

• Lucario

• Jigglypuff

• Greninja

• Duck Hunt

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • R.O.B.

• Ness

• Captain Falcon

• Villager

• Olimar

• Wii Fit Trainer

• Dr Mario

• Dark Pit

• Lucina

• Shulk

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Pac-Man

• Mega Man

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sonic

• Mii Fighters

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Who are your top 5 favourite characters of those confirmed and leaked? How excited are you for all the characters in general?
My personal Favourites are
:4kirby:
:rosalina:
:rob:
:gw:
:4greninja:

Hope I didn't miss any.

Morbi

Scavenger
1. Ganondorf
2. Dark Pit
3. Dr. Mario
4. Lucina
5. Mii Fighter

Ganondorf is my predominant main and my favorite video-game character, I could also assert that he is one of my favorite antagonists of all time. I am excited to see how the darkness affects his d-smash and his u-smash.

Dark Pit is the character that I vehemently advocated for prior to the leak. I am glad that he is welcome as a character, not a costume. This is my opportunity to finally use Pit's move-set.

Dr. Mario is really exciting, we have not seen him since Melee. All of the hype that has accrued for a Melee veteran has been attributed to him. I thought that I reserved that pleasure for Mewtwo. I suppose not. My nostalgia goggles are officially on.

Lucina is my favorite female character and the only character that I supported despite believing that she was not likely. It was really surprising to see her and I tried to use Marth; however, I am not a huge fan of his character. So I can finally main the move-set without any regrets.

I had a difficult time deciding between Toon Link and Mii Fighter, I ultimately chose Mii Fighers; however, as they are three characters in one. The potential to play as almost any character is currently available to us. I certainly created an Ashley William's Mii for the occasion.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Disregard rules, voted for almost everybody:troll:
When you factor in veterans it's really hard to do.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
1. :4yoshi:
2. :4greninja:
3. :rob:
4. :4zss:
5. :4kirby:

This does not represent who I am most excited to play as or most likely to main, though. The five characters whose playstyle I believe I'll enjoy the most are:
1. :4wiifit:
2. :4zss:
3. :4greninja:
4. :4sheik:
5. :4kirby:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Currently it looks like...
1. :4tlink:
2. :4lucina:
3. :4fox:
4. :4megaman:
5. :4pit:

Runner Ups: :ness2:,:drmario:, Bowser Jr., :4mii: (Gunner), :falco:,:luigi2:,:4falcon:, Dark :4pit:, :4greninja:, and :4littlemac:.

Edit: @ NintenRob NintenRob I would suggest making the order of the character alphabetical for ease of access.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
  1. :4littlemac:- I grew up with the guy since I was 4.
  2. :4kirby: - Helped me get fitted for Platforming games in my near future.
  3. :4diddy: - Childhood hero of mine that I looked up to as a kid, him saving fighting against Kaptain K. Rool in DKC2 really inspired me.
  4. :4villager: - I have always loved he Animal Crossing series since I was 12 and I still love it.
  5. :4tlink: - Loved his game and I always have some odd fascination with Young versions of Link in games, regardless if they are Toon or not.

Spirst

:4greninja:-I find him to be a really fun-looking character and is one of the few 6th gen Pokemon I actually like.

:4charizard:-Was a PT main in Brawl. Hoping he's buffed but either way, it's great he's back.

:wario:-Not technically confirmed yet but I'm confident he'll make it in. He was a really entertaining character in Brawl and Wario Land 4 is amongst my favorite GBA games. Plus, he was my secondary in Brawl.

Duck Hunt Dog- Another one that's not technically confirmed yet. Assuming the leak is correct, I love his render. I'm very curious to see what his playstyle would entail.

:4villager:-He seems like a very eccentric character. Plus, that face is just...

Last edited:

KCsmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaceyProGamer
3DS FC
5386-8840-6815
Characters I looks forward to play as:

1. :4pit:- I use aerials a lot and love using his arrows. With his new side-B move and him being my favorite video game character, he shall be my main!

2. :4greninja:- He has the properties that fits my play style, being speedy and combo eccentric. Still don't have a protean Greninja in Pokemon Y.

3 . :4palutena:- She will be a blast to use against friends online with her custom moves. I also freaking like her as a character having played Kid Icarus Uprising.

4. :4mii:- With them, Happy Mask Salesman, Adolf Hitler and Sakurai are playable

5. :4littlemac:- He seems like the Captain falcon of Smash 4 especially with his KO punch. Hype will be all over the crowd in tournaments when someone gets a KO punch.

Based on Play styles: 1. :4pit: 2. :4greninja: 3. :4sheik: 4. :4lucario: 5. :4bowser:

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
That was the hardest decision of my life......
But I ended up going with:
1.:4littlemac:Little Mac was my most wanted character as I loved the Punch-Out!! reboot on the Wii. I also think his playstyle looks really fun and powerful which makes me even more excited to try him out!
2.:4megaman: I LOVED the Megaman games, and I've almost bought every one on the e-shop.(3 is the btw) I didn't even consider him for a playable character, but sufice to say I was AMAZED when I saw his trailer. I still have goosebumps from it
3.:4robinm:I'm gonna be honest, I wanted Chrom a lot more than this guy/girl. However, when I saw him in action, I just knew I'd like him. I really enjoyed FE: A, and the gimmick Sakurai used for him from that game was something I never even considered. Good job Saks...
4.:4falcon: Captain Falcon may be this high on my list because of reasons the one reason I shouldn't need to mention, however in the Robin/Lucina trailer he looked amazing. Seeing him beat up on that clone just made me want to watch Star Wars:troll:
5.:4shulk: Last but not least, Shulk is a character I originally only wanted because of the awesome music from his game. I've never played Xenoblade, but I do know that Shulk looks really cool with his stance/buff changing gimmick.

Overall, considering 4/5 of my top 5 are newcomers just goes to show how well Sakurai has done with the newcomers this time around. Of course I'm hoping for some other characters(Big three, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario) I won't mind at all if they're not included.

Masahiro Sakurai, you sir are a genius.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
1. :4olimar:- Pikmin forever. Olimar is mah homeboy.
2. :4robinm:- Ever since I bought Awakening I've wanted to talk with Robin. That's not weird, right?
3. :4charizard:- I wasn't originally a Charizard fanboy, but I got into the fanbase around Brawl time.
4. :4falcon:- Who doesn't love Captain Falcon, honestly?
5. :4diddy:- My favorite Kong from my favorite game: DK64.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
1. Ike
2. Robin
3. Link
4. Greninja
5. Mega Man

Speculator

Smash Ace
:4littlemac:Lil' Mac is probably my favorite newcomer, long overdue for a Smash appearance and he looks like a lot of fun to to play. Also a big fan of old games so it's nice to see the Punch-Out Arcade nods in there.

:ness2: Always a fan of Ness, assuming he's similar to his previous three appearances he's pretty much guaranteed fun.

:4robinm::4robinf: TIME TO TIP THE SCALES

:4villager: Villager looks like a ridiculously fun character just by the possibilities for his pocket ability alone, but he also looks like a really faithful representative of Animal Crossing as a series. Plus, almost all of my friends have played AC in some capacity so I'll enjoy seeing them recognize all the little series nods in his moveset.

:gw: Beep boop. Retro stuff is always good.

Runners up include :4pacman:, :4megaman: and Duck Hunt for the same reasons as Mac and G&W. Also I like :4lucina: a lot.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
:4robinf::4lucina::4palutena::4zelda::4pit: + Duck Hunt

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Duck Hunt
Robin
Greninja
Mega Man
King Dedede

But I forgot to pick Mega Man on the poll

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Dark pit(go to the thread you will see i wanted him wayyyyyy befire the leak)
Falco(only star rix character i use)
Shulk(so many options)
Little Mac(Wanted since melee)
Megaman(hes megaman)

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I vote villager because is my favorite newcomer, they really do a good job with him. Let start.
1.:4olimar:-Olimar Forever and Ever.
2.:4kirby:-Is freaking Kirby
3.:4villager:-I think gonna main him hard
4.:rob:-Everybody say is gone. But he Doing a comeback!

5.Duck Hunt Dog- I Can't believe I hype for HIM to be in. I freaking love everything about HIM and How they managed to look badass. I just freaking WOW myself watching Him.

Runners Up are::4shulk::4yoshi::4littlemac::4pacman::4falcon::4metaknight::gw: am really curios about :4robinm:.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
:jigglypuff:- Really fun to play as. Hopefully she's good again.
:4shulk:- The protagonist from one of the greatest games of all time. Also looks like he'll be good.
:gw: - One of my favorite characters to play as.
:4pit:- One of my favorite nintendo characters and I like the changes Sakurai made to him.
:4link:- Another one of my Nintendo characters. He also looks like he'll be at least decent, which is great since he's been pretty bad in every Smash game.

Honorable mentions::4pacman::4greninja::4mario::4metaknight::4lucario::4pikachu::4robinm::4megaman::warioc:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
This is a pretty tough one considering that Smash Wii-U/3DS contains a load of my faves. But if I were to pick 5:

1. :4myfriends: - my main since Brawl. Never thought he would be back, but I'm so glad that he is.
2.:4palutena: - one of my requested characters.
3. :4littlemac:- another one of my requested characters.
4. :4greninja: - I had a feeling a Pokemon from X/Y will make it in and so surprised to see that its Greninja. (I've started off with Froakie in X/Y.)
5. :4shulk: - Been playing Xenoblade for at least 4 months and I'm loving it. Shulk would be my choice for Smash.

Notable mentions:

:4pit::4pikachu::4mario::4lucina::4robinm::4marth::4megaman::4link::4falcon::4charizard::4fox::4zelda::4zss:, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr & Dark Pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom