• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character are you most excited to get an Amiibo for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HONY

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1450-7268
Now that the amiibo pre-orders are up on Amazon and Gamestop (i haven't checked other places) who's planning on getting in on the initial line? And who are you going to get in the future releases?

The first line looks to be:
-Yoshi
-Pikachu
-Mario
-Donkey Kong
-Link
-Samus
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Marth
-Fox
-Villager
-Kirby

I'm definitely eying that Pikachu but I KNOW I'll be picking up Captain Falcon when that one drops.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
For the first line, DK.

Though I'm definitely getting Wario as well. I love his pose in the trophy leak.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Pit and Palutena once they're available. I'll gradually collect 'em all after that.

I'm a figure enthusiast anyway, so I'm just going to have them sitting up on my shelves with the rest of my figure collection. Whenever they're taken down and brought in to battle, know that it's time to smash.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I doubt I'll ever be able to get Amiibos for the characters I actually like and play: Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Sonic, Pac-Man, Ness. :ohwell:

HONY

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1450-7268
I doubt I'll ever be able to get Amiibos for the characters I actually like and play: Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Sonic, Pac-Man, Ness. :ohwell:
aw I feel ya on that Squirtle :(

I'm sure the Pac-Man, Sonic and Ness ones will be great!

I might even end up playing characters I usually don't because the models for all of them look so good in this game!!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Link because I just have to have one of him and Wii Fit Trainer for her graceful pose.

BD2751

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bd2751
Mega Man
Falco
Fox
Captain Falcon
Toon Link...
Thinking about it I could go on and on. I think I want them all.
Except Ridley. $12.99 for an empty box? :smash:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Captain Toad.

What? He's getting an Amiibo. It might not be compatible with Smash but he's getting one.

Other than him(and Yoshi); Pac-Man and Duck Hunt Dog due to childhood, Bowser and Ike for impressive detail work.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just my original three mains to start, Ness, Kirby, and Captain Falcon. They'll be a lovely callback to the N64 days.

Definitely Mr. Game & Watch and Olimar as well, and the rest of my mains eventually. Snake would be an insta-buy.
And Peach and Rosalina because of the attention to detail.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Ridley of course! (Whoever has that list put me down as a supporter please)

But for an already confirmed character, I would have to choose the sole icon of smash, Captain Falcon! :4falcon: Then maybe Link:4link: or someone with fir since they look epic.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
As soon as a Shulk amiibo is announced, I'm snatching that thing up in a heartbeat.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I just paid for in full for the pre-order for a Fox and Marth Amiibo on Amazon and I am so stocked for that.

My brother and I got these two because they're our Melee mains and they're awesome.

Additionally we're gonna get Toon Link and Diddy Amiibos because we mained them in Brawl and we love the way they play.

On top of that, I am definitely getting the Amiibos of Mega Man, Captain Falcon, Lucina, Falco, Ness, and Pac-Man if those characters indeed get Amiibos.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Anna of course.
*beat*
:crying: Aw man....

I'm torn between Rosalina and Palutena.
And Lucina.
And Robin.
And Shulk.
And Pit.
And Zelda.
And Sonic.
And Dark Pit (not yet confirmed).

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
Gotta have dat Olimar and Pikmin. But I'm not sure if they're even going to do one since the helmet might be a bit tough to manufacture...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Off the top of my head other Amiibos I might be interested in are Mario, Dr. Mario, Sheik, Samus, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, The Ice Climbers, Mr. G&W (c'mon, it'd be 2D!), Pit, Dark Pit, Mii Brawler, Greninja, if they have any Amiibos.

Oh, and I'm totally getting a Mii Gunner, Bowser Jr., and Little Mac Amiibos if that happened.

Additionally I''d also totally get Amiibos of Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Ridley, Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas, Snake, Little Mac, Rayman, Isaac.

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
I'm still hoping for a Lucas amiibo, as it would be the only official Mother 3 merchandise I'd be likely to get my hands on.
I'll probably just go for Ness in the (honestly fairly likely) event of Lucas getting cut.

As for that first batch... I'll probably get Marth because my brother likes him, and I don't really have any characters I'm leaning towards otherwise. Maybe Mario and/or Villager.
I was actually hoping there would be blind boxes available with a random character. Since amiibos are basically something to train against, picking your main would mean you're constantly playing mirror matches, so I'd like a completely random character to fight.

Oh, and also, don't forget we can't be certain Sonic, Megaman and Pacman will even be getting Amiibos. Nintendo may not have the rights to sell merchandise of characters that aren't theirs. And if they are made available, you probably should be getting them first if you want them, as the contracts needed for that might end at any time. Just a tip.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don't care how much money it's gonna take, I'm gonna get them all

...but I'll probably go with Marth, Fox, Pikachu, and Peach/DK for the first four

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
is none of you guys getting meta knight? did he insult you mothers or something back in the brawl days?
meta knight is the one i'm most excited about, i just love his official art for this installment, so much detail.

anyway, i'm definitely getting kirby, king dedede, meta knight, pit, palutena, marth, lucina, ness, villager, samus, zero suit samus, pac man, and shulk.

and ridley if he's in, but that's a story for another thread.

i'll probably end up buying all of them anyway, maybe one or two per month

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
I'm going to start with getting my possible mains, but I will get all of them after the price drops. I wonder how much my old games will be worth at GameStop because all that money's going towards the Amiibo.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Definetely picking Mario and Palutena. Also Peach since my sis kinda loves her.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
Easily all of the Mario characters (including Yoshi and Wario), Duck Hunt Dog, Link, Toon Link and Pacman. If Olimar comes with the Pikmin, that one too.

I might eventually collect them all, heh heh.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Villager, Ness, Wario, and Toonlink (and possibly Falco and Lucas)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom