• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When people list off their mains and it consists of half the roster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlMasterX

Smash Rookie
I feel like a mains should reflect your favorite video games, characters, play styles, etc. That's how a lot of my friends and I are. We like to be known for a small handful of characters that we've demonstrated mastery over. Ha maybe we're weird? Idk. Thoughts about mains and this thread? DISCUSS!

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
I see nothing wrong with having alot of characters you play as, that just means you're flexible! However I think picking a hefty amount of mains before the game comes out is kinda silly. Like, I understand being excited to play as your favorite characters but saying they're gonna be your go-to character before the game is out is just weird. I don't think footage is enough either.

AlMasterX

Smash Rookie
I see nothing wrong with having alot of characters you play as, that just means you're flexible! However I think picking a hefty amount of mains before the game comes out is kinda silly. Like, I understand being excited to play as your favorite characters but saying they're gonna be your go-to character before the game is out is just weird. I don't think footage is enough either.
Yeah that makes sense, actually. But people should be a lot more driven master a character if they enjoy their game series...just saying

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
Some people just don't know what "main" means, and list every character they like. Yeah, they are pretty dumb, but I doubt they put much thought into it so I'll cut them some slack.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Mains a re your best characters. Unless you're really bad, it's unprobable that your mains are "half of the roster".

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Um... At this point very few have played the game. You simply can't truthfully decide on a main until you've played the game. So having multiple potential mains at this point is perfectly okay... In fact, it's a good thing, it means you have a lot of characters you're interested in.

And if in the end, they say they 'main' them all, so be it. It doesn't matter. It's their gameplay, not yours.

AlMasterX

Smash Rookie
Some people just don't know what "main" means, and list every character they like. Yeah, they are pretty dumb, but I doubt they put much thought into it so I'll cut them some slack.
Lol you're totally right. I shouldn't think too much of it but I still do

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I really want Mario to be my main but I'm pretty sure it'll be Dr. Mario because of the Tornado. But whichever Mario I don't main, Captain Falcon, Falco, and Pikachu will my secondaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom