• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will be the 3DS Smash bundle? and will you buy it?

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Nintendo needs a 3DS bundle of smash 3DS when it comes out with a specially made 3DS. I would finally buy a 3DS! The Link between worlds 3DS is tempting, but I am waiting on the eventual smash bundle.

What would you like to see in a smash 3DS bundle and how would you like the smash 3DS to be designed?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'm gonna be getting the pokemon blue 3DS Xl, so I won't be getting a smash one. Although, I would like to see a smash 3ds with Sonic, Mario, and Megaman. I can expect a 3ds with a smashball on the back. It would be cool if it had the blue flame like in the trailers (which would be bad for a blue 3ds). Can't say anything about the bundle though. I don't have any ideas.

Sleeves

Smash Rookie
Oh man, I'd definitely consider a Smash bundle, especially if it's a custom 3DS! Considering I'd pretty much be buying the console for Smash alone, it would be a fitting look for the system!

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I would get it.....But I already have a XL and I don't wanna have 2 3DS's

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
I would definitely consider getting one but only if it came bundled with an xl. I have a regular 3ds right now and if any game were to make me wanna upgrade it'd be smash.

It would honestly be a good idea on nintendo's part. It would attract those that don't have a 3ds yet and love smash.

Psi User

Smash Rookie
Well i think that it would be more obvious that it would have the Smash ball on it.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
The game itself will just be a redeem code for the digital copy.

Camsterchief

Smash Cadet
theres never been a smash bundle before, has there? I dont see them making a 3ds like they did with Zelda.

they will probably sell a 3ds w/circle pad pro and SSB3DS for more than its worth

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
theres never been a smash bundle before, has there? I dont see them making a 3ds like they did with Zelda.

they will probably sell a 3ds w/circle pad pro and SSB3DS for more than its worth
Actually there was a bundle for Melee.

Also Nintendo has gone quite design crazy with the 3DS, did you know that there has been about 56 different designs for the 3DS (With XL and 2DS included) out there as of now? http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/44317/3ds-colours-and-special-editions/

And all sorts of games have received quite a few unique designs such as Zelda, Mario, Animal Crossing, Pokemon etc so I wouldn't be too surprised if they decided to make a Smash Bros themed 3DS closer to release of the 3DS version.

Anyway, I'm all for a Smash Bros themed 3DS XL even though I already got one... ^^;

Morbi

Scavenger
Nintendo needs a 3DS bundle of smash 3DS when it comes out with a specially made 3DS. I would finally buy a 3DS! The Link between worlds 3DS is tempting, but I am waiting on the eventual smash bundle.

What would you like to see in a smash 3DS bundle and how would you like the smash 3DS to be designed?
Don't you mean 2DS bundle? That is the superior console! It came out more recently!

Morbi

Scavenger
I think the 2ds is legitimately a better console. I don't think the 3D is a useful function to the 3ds, and the 2ds feels relaly correct in its button and screen placement.
I agree, it is also much more cost effective. I truly believe that it is the better console (disregarding the notion that I do not own the 3DS). I was never interested in purchasing a 3DS because of the 3D functionality to be honest. It was only after it was removed that I considered buying it.

S

Sharic X

I would definitely consider getting one but only if it came bundled with an xl. I have a regular 3ds right now and if any game were to make me wanna upgrade it'd be smash.

It would honestly be a good idea on nintendo's part. It would attract those that don't have a 3ds yet and love smash.
I don't think Nintendo will ever do another bundle for a normal 3DS. As funny as it is, and as sad as it is, the 3DS XL is getting all the glory when it comes to limited edition bundles.

jj143cool

Smash Rookie
I don't think Nintendo will ever do another bundle for a normal 3DS. As funny as it is, and as sad as it is, the 3DS XL is getting all the glory when it comes to limited edition bundles.
well the lugis mansion bundle had a kimited edition color and it was a normal 3ds

Retro Rider

Smash Rookie
The 2DS beats the whole purpose of having any kind of DS. And when I drop my ds, I think I'd want it to fold in half and not have messed up screens. Though the 3D obviously isn't useful for a 3DS, its pretty dang nice to look at if your watching eshop videos or playing a game with a lot of depth like Luigi's Mansion. If I could only afford a 2DS though, it would still be an option. But nintendo developed a crappy 3DS for littler people or people just short of money. It's like getting a fruitcake instead of chocolate cake.

NNID
masonisawesome13
3DS FC
3308-4678-2953
i want the front of the 3ds (where the camera is) to either have all of the characters on it or a giant smash ball on it. on the back and inside (where the buttons and screen is) to be all different colors like when you hit the smash ball and all of the colors come out. i think it would be awesome

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
If a 3DS bundle was made, it would probably be for the 3DS XL, seeing how Nintendo has released a ton of XL bundles in the US and in other regions.

The 2DS beats the whole purpose of having any kind of DS. And when I drop my ds, I think I'd want it to fold in half and not have messed up screens. Though the 3D obviously isn't useful for a 3DS, its pretty dang nice to look at if your watching eshop videos or playing a game with a lot of depth like Luigi's Mansion. If I could only afford a 2DS though, it would still be an option. But nintendo developed a crappy 3DS for littler people or people just short of money. It's like getting a fruitcake instead of chocolate cake.

What is the purpose of having a DS?

The 3ds does not magically close itself when you drop it, if yo drop it open it will land open, if you drop it closed ti will land closed. unless you dropped it in the process of closing which would then be up to how fa closed ti was at the point of dropping.

I haven't played lugis mansion 3ds, but the majority of the top selling 3DS games are games that don't really gain anything from the 3D feature. And considering the 3D absolutely destroys the battery life of the console, you wont be using the 3d unless you're able to charge it.

The 2DS is an efficient version of the 3DS for those that don't particularly want the 3D feature, it looks really awkward at first, but it actually feels really nice to hold and use.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Without a doubt.
If its the 3ds xl im otally getting it. I dont want to play smash on my dinky 3ds screen.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd buy it. I haven't bought a 3DS XL yet... so..

LunethF

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luneth
3DS FC
5327-1175-2830
It'd be nice to see a bundle of just the game and the Circle Pad Pro (or the XL version) with a nice box. I think the extra stick and button would be a nice help towards making the 3DS and Wii U versions interchangeable.
Plus I don't have the money to be buying yet another 3DS just for a fancy print on the front and I'm pretty happy with my silver XL as is.
Hell, we might even see Smash as a promo in Europe like the one earlier this year where you could get Animal Crossing for release day (or other games that were already out) digitally by registering other games released a couple months before.

Morbi

Scavenger
I had to buy 2 of them (one for me and one for my sister) with Pokemon X and Y. So there was no way I was going to get a 3DS. I wasn't necessarily short on money, but it was the most efficient at the time. I would never drop a 2DS or a 3DS. I have no idea why I would be so careless.

I was wondering if anyone thought they would bundle the games without the consoles. Like a Wii U version of the game that also comes with a copy of the 3DS game for 90 dollars or something.

SilverRaiden

Smash Rookie

My god, if they had a smash bundle, id buy another 3ds even though i already have one. The decal would be so epic.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I think the 2ds is legitimately a better console. I don't think the 3D is a useful function to the 3ds, and the 2ds feels relaly correct in its button and screen placement.
Im agree with the fact of 3D not being really important in gameplay. But even with that 2DS is no way better than 3DS. I do not own a 3DS (but i played with one), i was waiting for a decreases of prize or for something like 2DS, but that design really disappoints me. The possition of buttons and the form of the console seems to be uncomfortable (i did not played with a 2DS, maybe im wrong with that) But even if im wrong with that... The size and form of the 2DS are drawbacks in therms of portability, something important in a PORTABLE console. Apparently it had incompatibilities for some accesories. Plus it have an anesthetic design compared to the consolidated clam form.

I actually think that Nintendo did that on purpouse to sell more 3DSs. Basic marketing, you put a product of lower quality in the side of the product you want to sell with a relatively low difference of prizes, so it makes the 3DS look like a good deal. I dont see other explanation to the 2DS design.

NNID
masonisawesome13
3DS FC
3308-4678-2953
they're probably not making a 3ds bundle. they will make a wii u bundle because they want to sell the wii u and this is one of Nintendo's most anticipated games right now. way more than mario kart. but a 3ds bundle is plausible

SilverRaiden

Smash Rookie
they're probably not making a 3ds bundle. they will make a wii u bundle because they want to sell the wii u and this is one of Nintendo's most anticipated games right now. way more than mario kart. but a 3ds bundle is plausible
it might be possible that they would make both bundles. they've been dishing out bundles left and right. if they did make a wii u bundle, itd probably just be the game with a wii u with no special design. its disappointing that they dont have that many designs for the wii u. i would have to agree, if it was a decision between wii u and 3ds, nintendo would make a wii u bundle. smash bros is known for being a console game primarily so that would probably get more of a hype.

NNID
masonisawesome13
3DS FC
3308-4678-2953
even if they made a wii u bundle and had a design on it, i have no idea what the design would be. like it doesnt seem like there would be a design for them to make on it.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
I currently have a regular sized 3DS... I want to upgrade to an XL, but I believe that it is likely that Nintendo will release a Smash Bros. bundle for the XL. I will wait just in case because I think it has potential to look really cool! I could just trade in my regular 3DS to help a little with cost!

NeonS4

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeonS5
3DS FC
3351-4072-5555
If there is a Smash 3DS/Wii U bundle that would suck for me as I already have a 3DS XL and I'm getting a Wii U before Smash Wii U comes out...
But it would still be a great idea!

I'm guessing it'll be -
-A 3DS XL with a Smash Ball logo on top
-Smash Bros 3DS game
-Maybe a poster?

SilverRaiden

Smash Rookie
Actually there was a bundle for Melee.

Also Nintendo has gone quite design crazy with the 3DS, did you know that there has been about 56 different designs for the 3DS (With XL and 2DS included) out there as of now? http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/44317/3ds-colours-and-special-editions/

And all sorts of games have received quite a few unique designs such as Zelda, Mario, Animal Crossing, Pokemon etc so I wouldn't be too surprised if they decided to make a Smash Bros themed 3DS closer to release of the 3DS version.

Anyway, I'm all for a Smash Bros themed 3DS XL even though I already got one... ^^;
the bundle is the one i got from a raffle. it was super awesome. out of all the lame things i could've gotten, i got a smash bros bundle. it was at a wedding so the gifts were broad.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
If there 3ds xl smash bundle with the smash logo on it, totally getting it.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I highly doubt Nintendo would need to bundle Smash to get it to sell. Then again, they did bundle Pokemon in Japan, if I recall correctly.

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
First I'd like to mention that, though i love the idea behind the 2ds, I would never in my life buy or own one except for the sake of collection. Clamshell is a million times superior in my eyes and the 2ds is completely unappealing to me.

Also, I bought a 3ds not long after release date. I always wish I waited for the pink and purple colouring, but anything more and I loose out on precious gaming time. This thing has so many must play games.

But a smash design would be awesomely cool to look at. Hopefully they make one of those outer shell type things for it. I can swap between that and the Ocarina of Time shell.

Top Bottom