• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What people think of Peach

Yogi Backair

Smash Cadet
As a peach main, I've been recently practicing and growing better with my tech skill (wavedash, waveland, DJL and pivots) but I still rely on a lot of peachs stronger moves like down smash and edgeguards, which irritates my friends. I'm constantly accused of spamming and gimmicks, and despite beating a lot of then very soundly I'm viewed as somewhat of an inferior player because I'm not waveshining everyone like they do. Is this something other peach mains encounter, and how do you respond?

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Nah man they're just scrubs. Sounds like doc kids to me, a lot of new players that came from the Smash Documentary act like that, hailing tech skill over fundamentals. Truth is, if you're beating them soundly with the tactics you use, that means that they work, either that or they are too busy multishining in-between stocks to try to think about the match. They're just salty that you play an "easier" character.
Source: used to be a Jigglypuff main and dealt with the same thing.

Yogi Backair

Smash Cadet
Nah man they're just scrubs. Sounds like doc kids to me, a lot of new players that came from the Smash Documentary act like that, hailing tech skill over fundamentals. Truth is, if you're beating them soundly with the tactics you use, that means that they work, either that or they are too busy multishining in-between stocks to try to think about the match. They're just salty that you play an "easier" character.
Source: used to be a Jigglypuff main and dealt with the same thing.
That's what I think about it too, like Marth doesn't require a whole lot of tech skill to play well it just requires precision. If you run in and downsmash, all they have to do is punish the lag. Same with a rest I assume, it seems easy until you try to do it well yourself. My thinking is that tech skill means nothing until it's applied, and application means nothing unless you get the win. In any match both players could win no matter what characters they're using, it seems dumb to dog on that over trying to improve yourself.

Dralun

Smash Rookie
"I got hit from 0 to 50+% when I tried to do my awezome l33t wav3shinez and all u did was prez 1 buttn!".

Yea, well. You are the one who DI'd down into my downsmash, on top of failing to get your move out first, which hits frame. frigging. one. Take the whole "awezome l33t tech skillz" out of there, and who made the wrong move? Pretty easy to see.

The idea of the game at it's core is to hit your opponent, and not get hit by your opponent. Remind them of that.

Also, Peach has plenty of "l33t awezome tech skillz" too. Try getting your friends to do consistent double jump lands, or consistent out of shield float cancel neutral airs. Should be a bucket of fun, especially if they never even touched Peach.

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155
Reminds me of a friend of mine who mains fox and is always bragging about his tech skill, then I bop him with my peach. If you can beat them that's all that matters imo.

ECTO

Smash Rookie
Peach often attracts hate, you can pull of the sickest combos but people will always remember the D-Smash. When reality Fox and Falco have worse gimmicks. People be complaining a lot when you play Peach, get used to it.

Top Bottom