• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe What is behind a Shy Guy's Mask?

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
One of the biggest mysteries in Mario universe!

Luigi is the only character that really saw a Shy Guy's face

The other mysterious thing is, in some mario games, Shy Guys are able to close his mask'eyes while sleeping, make angry loked faces and move their mask's mouth a little! WTF! Outrageous!
Some people say that there is nothing behind the mask...yes...just NOTHING AT ALL!!!

I will give a really flashy idea:

[COLLAPSE="Possible:"]
A TOAD!

[/COLLAPSE]

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I believe that the Shy Guy's mask is a seal placed upon a Shy Guy to contain a vortex into a realm of pure darkness, chaos, and fear- a vortex that a Shy Guy possesses due to being manufactured "life abort buttons" created by Bowser if he gets angry enough to destroy humanity.

Yes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Something like this, I imagine. But much worse

I think it's some bands album cover. I just googled "Hell portal" and found this.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I always wondered as well. Then again Snifits are the same as well. They wear mask and shoot balls from the mouth part. (Yes I said balls. I'm going by what they shot from Super Mario 2.) Given their small height it'd be tough to based them on another enemy.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I always wondered as well. Then again Snifits are the same as well. They wear mask and shoot balls from the mouth part. (Yes I said balls. I'm going by what they shot from Super Mario 2.) Given their small height it'd be tough to based them on another enemy.
This also applies to bandits

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The giygas joke is funnier. I was going to do that myself

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I always imagined it to just be nothing, basically. Simply an animated robe and shoes walking around with a mask.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why in the galactic entity would you guys think shy guy's face is kirby-like.
Maybe because they look too cute and cuddly to be bad. They probably wear the masks to hide their cuteness, seeing as Luigi was awestruck with one of the Shy Guy's true faces.

Anyway, I did do a mock-up of Shy Guy's true face, just to go with my claims...

Jet300

Smash Ace
And the crowd too. His face probably looks very disturbing without the mask.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I could see Shy Guy pulling a stunt like that. Ah I remember that Naruto episode.
That Naruto episode was the greatest one. I remember when they are at the ramen restaurant and then... well... crazy things...

I hope that Nintendo reveal the truth of a Shy Guy for us someday

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I figured that Shy Guy's face is pretty much like the Luigi's Mansion version. Yellow eyes, sharp teeth, and jet black skin. Either that or an empty, dark, unending, void of evil.

shyfelix

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
i think shy guy has a mask because he was born in world 7, (sky world) :shyguy::shyguy::shyguy::shyguy::shyguy:

hey, everyone forgot about sky guys! they're just shyguys with propellers but still

WAIT I REMEMBERED SOMETHING, IN SUPER MARIO KART 7 ON DS (I THINK IT WAS SEVEN CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG), HAD SHYGUY AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER WHEN ON MULTIPLAYER. ITS DESCRIPTION SAID THAT WITH THE MASK HE COULD SEE THROUGH THINGS READ MINDS AND FEELINGS!!!!!:shyguy::shyguy::shyguy::shyguy::shyguy::shyguy::shyguy::shyguy:

hey, guest reading this, get a account on smash boards to reply

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Another mask. :troll:

It has yellow eyes in the center of its head...
It's kinda creepy if you ask me.

shyfelix

Smash Rookie
i don't know, are they really related to shy guy.

here is how I see it, the shyguy were a peaceful folk that lived in the sky (hence fly guy) but bowser took over their world with his flying ships and army, the shyguys relatives snifits,bandits etc. were also forced into bowser's army, but shyguy is peaceful, so that's why we see him socializing with the "Mario gang"

but really they have no good alligenice, they have pretty much worked for everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerhappy

Smash Cadet
The idea of them being animate robes is really spooky, and not something I had thought of before. I enjoy that theory.

Otherwise I think they must have slicked back hair, because there's no reason to make clothes with a pointy hat if it serves no purpose but to fall backwards on your head.

Shady Cicada

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shady_Cicada
I always assumed they would be like hexadecimal from ReBoot where theres nothing but a black void under the mask. ...Or maybe they have removable faces. ......Or just....a normal face.

JusticeColde

Smash Cadet
NNID
JusticeColde
I have 3 theories of what a Shy Guy's face could be.

1. It could a face of a formerly lost soul that was brought back to life. The mask could be hiding their appearance because they may have paid a price.

2. It could be a family curse. The Shy Guy family had to start somewhere and it could explain their beginning is villainous minions.

3. It could be...

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
It's a Diglett behind the mask. We never see Diglett's feet and we never see Shy Guy's face. Coincidence?

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
If I had to take a guess... I'd say that Shy Guys don't wear masks. Their faces are just easy to remove. The reason Luigi freaks out is because he saw whatever you'd see if you tore anyone's face off. Another is that Shy Guys are mechanical, and have teeny Shy Guys operating the big one. What would be under THEIR masks is anyone's guess. Maybe more Shy Guys, Droste style. My third and favorite guess would be Shy Guys being banished little enemies from other games, getting a second chance Wreck it Ralph style. They hide under masks and robes to hide that they don't belong.
But part of the fun of Shy Guys is not knowing, a lot like Smash character speculation. But hey, what would I know?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Another mask. :troll:

It has yellow eyes in the center of its head...
It's kinda creepy if you ask me.
What game are these ripped from? My immediate guess is Luigi's Mansion from that ball room with those weird Shy Guy thingies wearing Phanto Masks. My memory probably serves me hazy here.

Anyways, I found a lead into the true identities of Shy Guys. Considering whatever mass is under that robe stays well contained, it's strange how this may be. Yet who else do you think could be sporting that mask?

M io g v m he A re!

D

Deleted member

What game are these ripped from? My immediate guess is Luigi's Mansion from that ball room with those weird Shy Guy thingies wearing Phanto Masks. My memory probably serves me hazy here.
Yes. They are from Luigi's Mansion. I thought that it was strange to see them unmasked for the first time.

Top Bottom