• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What, in yr opinion, does Ganon lack the most?

noradseven

Smash Lord
u-smash's hit box is already fairly outragous, sure its not like snakes but its **** close, plus it does more damage and has better priority and its mostly safe on block O_o.

It's slower actually.
I thought the recovery was faster..(im talking right above the ground), also it prevents jumping as an option.

Also another though please let ganon land without 5 years of lag K thanks, his big fall landing time is way too long.

@HomE

Smash Ace
u-smash's hit box is already fairly outragous, sure its not like snakes but its **** close, plus it does more damage and has better priority and its mostly safe on block O_o.

I thought the recovery was faster..(im talking right above the ground), also it prevents jumping as an option.

Also another though please let ganon land without 5 years of lag K thanks, his big fall landing time is way too long.
L2Tech

I was playing just last night and we had a game on spear pillar where I lived to 230% two times in a 3 stock team match.

Teching is a god send for my Ganon, there was a hilarious moment last night when i got hit by a move (can't remember what one) that sent me straight to the left and I DI'd down and tech'd literally RIGHT after i was hit and got a jab off before my friend even realized what happend. I have never really done anything like that before but it was pretty smexy

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
A jab that isn't -26 frame advantage on shields. Really, we have enough unsafe-on-block moves as it is, why can't we have something that we can use on the ground against a shielded opponent without being so harshly punished? U-smash is a great move, but a quick move that has the same effect while having horizontal range would make everything so much easier.

Superspright

Smash Lord
The slow-moving homing projectile would be epic. He needs a form of pressure--he'd be at least semi-viable with some approach strategy.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
"Slow-moving homing projectile" together with Gerudo would be too good.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Sonic boom ^^^

L2Tech

I was playing just last night and we had a game on spear pillar where I lived to 230% two times in a 3 stock team match.

Teching is a god send for my Ganon, there was a hilarious moment last night when i got hit by a move (can't remember what one) that sent me straight to the left and I DI'd down and tech'd literally RIGHT after i was hit and got a jab off before my friend even realized what happend. I have never really done anything like that before but it was pretty smexy
What are you talking about ???, I meant landing as in if you fall from above a certain height you have more landing lag and ganons is way too large, you can get around this by using your second jump right before you hit the ground.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
In singles, having no safe approach options. In doubles, having a very poor recovery.

It is the Don

Smash Rookie
Mudkips. Ganon is missing mudkips.

Honestly if he were a bit more like he is in the games (keep the warlock punch, since it is the best approach in the game) I think Ganon would make more sense if he could at least have his projectile.

Lets go into a crazy brawl alternate universe for a second. In this universe, things are different. Everyone uses items because they know its pro, Tiers still don't matter, and the sound for Sonic's Taunts are actually a Toggled option all by itself.

Ganon doesn't have gerudo in this universe, but instead has his magical projectiles (lets say OOT, since that is familiar for me), he would use Side+B, and would send it like Mario's Fireball. It would have a large range, decent speed, but when someone reflects it, you could use Side+B to send it right back. As it gets hit back and forth it will get stronger and stronger (sort of like Ganon adding more dark energy) untill it gets to a point where it will actually stun the person reflecting it.

Also Wind Waker Ganon would totally be in this universe, use swords, and pimp slap Toon Zelda, to stay loyal to the actual game.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
If Ganon had better grab range on all grabs (even up b which should semi spike like in BBrawl), a respectable jab, and glitch fixes he'd be somewhat viable. His standing grab is just too demoralizing and is proabably the first thing I'd change (some characters can land in front of you and duck under the grab during their landing animation...). If his recovery was a bit more flexible too (like faster up b/side b, down b/warlock punch refreshing DJ's, or iasa to do other specials or jump during aerial side b/down b) that would make him mid tier. Lol being able to cancel down b or aerial side b into other stuff would be super fun in general.

noradseven

Smash Lord
A projectile would not make ganon better guys, unless it was mad broke like falcos but even then ganon doesn't have the kinda jump to abuse it, all ganon needs is some safety in his attacks, a better grab would be nice, but hell even ganons grab feels like bliss compared to ZSS's.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
A projectile would not make ganon better guys, unless it was mad broke like falcos but even then ganon doesn't have the kinda jump to abuse it, all ganon needs is some safety in his attacks, a better grab would be nice, but hell even ganons grab feels like bliss compared to ZSS's.
How about a slow-moving dark Energy Ball with medium Knockback, which also reflects other projectiles :lick:
Ganon could lurk behind it.
Stage Control.

BigPapaSmurf

Smash Rookie
He needs a better recovery, like being able to use up-b after side-b and possibly a cool projectile like from ocarina to help against camping

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I'd have to say, if Ganon had a charge projectile like Samus' B, that moved at about Ganon's running speed (maybe slightly less, but certainly faster than his walk) with ZSS's stunning ability and maybe 10% or so damage, he'd be way better. Simply because that gives Ganon time to start a smash, or land a Gerudo. I'd say he'd make it out of Fail/Ganon tier with that. If Ganon just did that and hid behind the projectile, he'd at least be able to stop approaches and make some of his own approaches.

(Basically the same thing I said in Q&A...)

:034:

Duper

Smash Rookie
he lacks SPEED!!! lol im jking, i actually like him being slow, it makes him seem beast for some reason lol, well i wish he had projectiles and i think he lacks range with his punchs. But i think we all here know ganondorf is beast the way he is =]

Btw i dont know why im adding this in this post but im new to ganon and i got my first 0% spike kill today!! I just got really excited and felt like adding that lol

Gleam

Smash Ace
I suggest this: Similar to Wario's bike, Ganondorf should hop upon his dark stallion and procede to trample his enemies before running off the edge, jumping off and watching his own horse (running animation still going too) fall to its demise.

win.

What he needs though is defintely better standing grab range. Not so easily chaingrabbed...and make U-tilt twice the length it already is.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
What is this dead members' weekend? Swoops and Gleam rise from the dead what is this madness.

jujuhdc

Smash Rookie
Hmmm...what does Ganon need ?

-Some speed ?
Yes, but he is meant to be a fat, hard-hitting foe.

-Priority ?
An iron kick would be awesome, isn't it ?

-Weight ?
How can a guy with nearly 7 feet height and an armor not be a super heavyweight ?

-His motha****ing ****** sword ?
That would mean more priority, more range, and perhaps more speed. So, yes.

-An useful U-tilt ?
Self explanatory. Ganondorf doesn't need more than one superlaggy n' powerful move.

-A projectile ?
A good idea, but this would be less ****** and manly than Ganon's Hercule playstyle.

-A viable recovery ?
A lot of characters need that, but that would make them totally broken (*cough*Olimar*cough*)
Ze Dorf is not one of them.

-His lair ?
Perhaps, if you don't bring light into it...

-The kingdom of Hyrule ?
Why do you ask the question ?

-An advantageous match-up against Meta Knight ?
That would make the King of Evil more ****** than ever, but we can still dream...

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
What he lacks the most is Speed areas

such as Attack speed and DASH

If he needed was profectile

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
I was going to say a projectile too--but it wouldn't help him once people learned how to PS it. Projectiles are pretty much moot at very high levels of play.
I second this because a good majority of projectiles can be power-shielded or avoided altogether. I would love to see him have a little more speed. That would give his opponents less time to anticipate his next move. But no, Sakurai had to continue with the LoZ storyline of "Since Ganon lost the Triforce of Power, he has to be weaker, be slower, have long arms that only extend 1/3 of the way to grab someone, be lower tiered, etc."...or something along those lines. 'sigh'

Superspright

Smash Lord
If he had a good spammable projectile he'd be far more useful. Like I've been saying forever, he needs those homing energy balls from OoT. It could even be knocked back.

Top Bottom