• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grab to do as peach

WeaselKing

Smash Rookie
So i've been playing peach for a while and all of her grabs (dash grab, JC grab, dash attack cancel grab, etc) all look the exact same to me. Which should I be doing? Are there situational uses for each or what?

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
So i've been playing peach for a while and all of her grabs (dash grab, JC grab, dash attack cancel grab, etc) all look the exact same to me. Which should I be doing? Are there situational uses for each or what?
go to half speed in training mode so you can see the differences, you can tell them apart with practice

use dash grab for uthrow CG. jc grab comes out a few frames slower, but also has less recovery frames at the end of the animation in case you miss (since it uses her standing grab). dash attack cancelled grab is not as useful for peach as with other characters, but experimenting with it can show you some uses as a mixup

Last edited:

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Peach mains don't really have any business boost-grabbing, at least I've never seen any point in it. And, well, as far as I can tell, nobody else uses them either (:

If not for losing frames to jumpsquat jc-grab and standing grab actually have the same startup ;) I think the main question that should be asked is: Would you rather have slightly more range on the grab, or is the lessened vulnerability more valuable to you in the given situation?
I'd say that when chain grabbing you usually can make good use of the range boost (and sometimes have to), and won't get punished even if you miss, and you're not going to get a bandaid techchase even if you do JC grabs either.
Whiffing grabs in neutral is going to be punished in either case, might as well go for maximum range again.
I'd only consider JC grabs in situations where they are on the defensive, and might be too flustered to react correctly to a missed grab.

Top Bottom