• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters do you absolutely hate playing as?

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice
What characters are you just completely incompatible with? I personally cant stand playing as Megaman or Robin, Megaman has almost no melee attacks (which is just not my style), while Robin is too slow for me and I can never seem land a single attack with him.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Hate is kinda strong but some characters I don't mesh very well with:

Meta Knight
Greninja
Olimar

Meta Knight would probably be number one, I just find him boring and unsatisfying to use.

(Of course I don't like using Dark Pit either, but that's something else entirely.)

Last edited:

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
Olimar. Can't stand playing against him, especially can't stand playing as him. Generally every other character is at least passable for me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't hate any of the characters. Some characters feel incompatible with me... or they were nerfed too hard that I no longer enjoy playing as them. I tend to have some trouble with these characters.

:4luigi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario::4diddy::4sheik::4samus::4zss::4palutena::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4pikachu::4lucario::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4megaman::4sonic::4miisword::4miigun:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ice Climbers. Thank you Sakurai.

In Smash 4 these characters tend to get left til last for classic mode and All Star completion:

:4palutena::4darkpit::4falco::4olimar::4rob::4sheik::4lucina::4marth::4wiifit::4drmario:
I don't HATE playing as the above, but they're definitely my least favourites to play as.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I don't really feel for Olimar's play style, I just can't get comfortable using him. Same with Rosaluma for whatever reason.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
:4dedede::4duckhunt::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4miisword::4palutena::4peach::4samus::4wiifit: Are the only characters I've yet to grasp. Everyone else I can play with to a non-AT using degree.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I love the whole roster (even Bowser Jr., whom I previously hated before making myself like him once he showed up (the Koopalings probably helped with that, since I mostly play as Wendy or Ludwig anyway)) and don't have any troubles playing as most of them...

But I just can't use Miss Fit at all, all of her hitboxes are so absurd and seem like they were intentionally designed not to hit. I can never land an attack, and she's not very good to begin with. Her specials are also hilariously useless in most situations.

At least she has good material. Thanks, internet.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
If there was a character I hated playing as, it would be because I don't like the character, not their playstyle. So far, no character's playstyle has been too jarring for me to dislike that much. Although off the top of my head, I would say Rosalina & Luma feel kind of weird to use, as well as Wii Fit Trainer.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Duck Hunt's zoning feels very awkward to me. I don't hate it, but I can't get used to it.

But Toon Link I abhor playing as due to his obnoxious voice.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
If by hate,Dark Pit,but that's Smash only.
As for who I can't play,well...
:4peach::4diddy::4zelda::4zss::4dedede::4lucario::4olimar::4robinm::4palutena::4villager::4wiifit::4miisword::4miigun:
Call me a scrub if you will,but I just can't play these guys.Some,like Mii Swordfighter and Robin feel too sluggish.Also,I hink Robin is slower than :4ganondorf:.
"Hurr durr yur not gud wit Duddy King?GIT GUD M8!"
Sorry,but that's just me.I can't ever get Diddy's recovery right.
Villager is also kind of..."eh".
If I could,I'd trade Mii Swordfighter or Gunner for :wolf:.
If not,:4wiifit:
Sorry to all these character's fans.I just can't play them.:mariomelee:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:4sonic:- I really don't like his playstyle, just not at all.
:4lucina:- Plays like :4marth: but without any of the flair.
:4shulk:- Will never get good with the Monado Arts and feels far too gimmicky for me (love fighting against him though)
:4wiifit:- Bad hitboxes, real bad range, so hilariously bad...
:4littlemac:- The frustration of not being able to recover
:4megaman:- I'll play :4link: or :4samus: if I wanna annoy people with projectiles
:4pacman:- My friend plays a good PacMan but I just don't like his playstyle.
:4mii:- I just won't **** with Miis cause of standards, real bland characters imo
:4darkpit:- Never played :4pit: much anyway but I'd honestly have to pick Random if I'd ever want to play as the character.
:4drmario:- :4mario: but with :4littlemac:'s recovery? No thank you!!
:4metaknight:- They didn't only nerf him, he's just no fun to play as anymore either
:4falco:- Does anyone even play Falco nowadays?
:4olimar::4rob::4pit:- Togheter with Sonic easily my least played characters in Brawl
:4dedede:- Haven't really tried to pick him up yet, but when I did play as him due to choosing Random I felt his aerial game changed a bit too much. My least favorite heavy weight, easily.
:rosalina::4zss: - "Just not for me" is what I'd describe these characters with, even though I do greatly like to fight against them due to the challenge they provide. I just do not mesh well with their need to zone out, and rather play zoning / spacing characters as :4myfriends::4link::4samus::4robinm:.
:4zelda:- Lord I swear this character cannot be fixed...
:4gaw::4kirby:- Nerfs will probably make me ignore these two characters more than I would want

I also probably won't play much as :4lucario::4duckhunt::4wario2::4mario::4bowserjr::4villager::4greninja: but it's not that I cannot stand their playstyles at all, it's just that I vastly prefer other characters over them. But I do know how to preform well with them to a degree.

:4marth::4sheik::4fox: am still learning about, but I like them enough to keep trying.

Top Bottom