• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters are actually good against META KNIGHT

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You can use the Z button to charge for either method.

DACUS: Run --> C-stick down-->up on analog-->Z (hold to charge)
BDACUS: Flick analog forward + C-stick up at same time --> C stick up again --> Z to charge.

Judo777

Smash Master
You can use the Z button to charge for either method.

DACUS: Run --> C-stick down-->up on analog-->Z (hold to charge)
BDACUS: Flick analog forward + C-stick up at same time --> C stick up again --> Z to charge.
Um Sheik can't use the Z button to DACUS, she has to use an attack. And holding anextra button to charge is..... an additional input.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Why wouldn't Z work? Is the timing just too hard?
Theoretically I'm sure it works (it works for every character), but if the timing is too hard to practically do it then I guess that's fair.

And why does it matter if Z is an additional input for charging a BDACUS? It's not even hard lol. I can do it, and I don't even play a character who ever DACUSes. Won't you HAVE to press an additional input no matter what the input is if you want to charge it?

Man this discussion has been going on for so long but each post is like multiple days after the last so I don't even remember why we're talking about what we're talking about

Judo777

Smash Master
Why wouldn't Z work? Is the timing just too hard?
Theoretically I'm sure it works (it works for every character), but if the timing is too hard to practically do it then I guess that's fair.

And why does it matter if Z is an additional input for charging a BDACUS? It's not even hard lol. I can do it, and I don't even play a character who ever DACUSes. Won't you HAVE to press an additional input no matter what the input is if you want to charge it?

Man this discussion has been going on for so long but each post is like multiple days after the last so I don't even remember why we're talking about what we're talking about
No Z actually cant ever work with Sheik. It has something to do with the mechanic of how the game reads the z input. The window is so small (2 frames large) that the z input doesn't work for some reason. I bet Ankoku would know but i dont myself.

And no if you just learn everything as the DACUS input then thats all you have to do, just hit the R button to finish the execution and hold it if you want a charge. It's the simplest way.

Btw not sure if this matters, but can you consistently DACUS with Sheik? Because if you are referring to other characters i would like to point out that Sheik is SIGNIFICANTLY harder than any other characters in the game to perform DACUS with. Like because i am used to Sheik i don't think i have dropped a DACUS input with any other character in like a year. It is so much easier with everyone else. Falco is probably the second hardest and i never miss his either.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
No I can't consistently DACUS with Sheik. I'm aware it's harder to do it with her.
Maybe Z doesn't work because pressing Z too soon after the dash attack will cause her to boost grab?

Wait, so now I'm confused. So for DACUS, you use run --> down on C-stick --> up on analog + R (which is set to attack)?

And I still don't understand how you charge your BDACUS without throwing in an additional input.

Judo777

Smash Master
No I can't consistently DACUS with Sheik. I'm aware it's harder to do it with her.
Maybe Z doesn't work because pressing Z too soon after the dash attack will cause her to boost grab?

Wait, so now I'm confused. So for DACUS, you use run --> down on C-stick --> up on analog + R (which is set to attack)?

And I still don't understand how you charge your BDACUS without throwing in an additional input.
Because the BDACUS input ordinarily is fwd analog + up-cstick , up-cstick. But to charge it i woukld have to hold R on top of that.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Dacus with Z is impossible because the game reads Z as shield THEN attack. Idk the exact frame data but it's the reason dacus with Z is less effective on most characters.

And actually Diddy has the hardest timing for his dacus, it's so hard it's impossible lol.

Judo777

Smash Master
Dacus with Z is impossible because the game reads Z as shield THEN attack. Idk the exact frame data but it's the reason dacus with Z is less effective on most characters.

And actually Diddy has the hardest timing for his dacus, it's so hard it's impossible lol.
I don't count Diddy because he doesn't have one, as you said. Like if it can't physically be performed then it doesn't exist.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
If the game allows Diddy to cancel his dash attack with an usmash, he has a DACUS.
And I doubt he meant that it was literally impossible.

Judo777

Smash Master
If the game allows Diddy to cancel his dash attack with an usmash, he has a DACUS.
And I doubt he meant that it was literally impossible.
No like i think even with frame advance it cannot be performed the normal DACUS execution method. Like similar with Sheik and the Z button, you cannot physically execute it that way.

I could be wrong about diddy but i think it has to be performed BDACUS method.

SnowCold

Smash Apprentice
To name the top tiers that can go even with MK:

Diddy - bananas screw Mk over just as much as any other character. diddy's fair also beats mk's anything.

Olimar - this match up is basically a marth ditto. Who ever gets the first hit in is winning. MK juggles Olimar forever and gimps really well, but Olimar racks up damage crazy fast and kills mad early.

Marth - If you make solid reads you can actually overwhelm MK. It's hilarious, because MKs are so used to ****** every character, then marth comes out of no where and shows MK how it's done. Also, grab nearish to the edge = very early stock. kills MK at around 70%. MK can still be MK and **** marth though.

Pikachu - Pikachu has really good anti-air options and can solidly out camp MK. Plus, if you're esam, you can infinite him.

Ice climbers - Grab 3 times, win.

Judo777

Smash Master

Diddy - bananas screw Mk over just as much as any other character. diddy's fair also beats mk's anything.

Olimar - this match up is basically a marth ditto. Who ever gets the first hit in is winning. MK juggles Olimar forever and gimps really well, but Olimar racks up damage crazy fast and kills mad early.

Marth - If you make solid reads you can actually overwhelm MK. It's hilarious, because MKs are so used to ****** every character, then marth comes out of no where and shows MK how it's done. Also, grab nearish to the edge = very early stock. kills MK at around 70%. MK can still be MK and **** marth though.

Pikachu - Pikachu has really good anti-air options and can solidly out camp MK. Plus, if you're esam, you can infinite him.

Idk if about actually going even but I agree with all of this and going close to even. Except diddys fair beating MK's everything....... no if Mk times any aerial right he will always win that lol.

Fogbean

Smash Rookie

I'd agree with all of these, but I think you'd have to be a great Olimar to stop a good MK, it really comes down to Pikmin order

Top Bottom