• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your Favorite Custom Moves?

Dexmaster

Smash Cadet
So much talk about customs...so little talk about the actual customs. What are your favorite customs to use? Is there one that fixes one of your favorite character's flaws? Or one that makes your least favorite character super appealing? Share them here!

Fun fact: I accidentally posted this thread to the smash 64 forums!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Gust Cape and Super Jump. Because you can make Mario's good edgeguarding great, and his bad recovery great.
Stunning Double Team for obvious reasons.
Ol' One-Two because killing someone at 60% with Dr. Mario will never stop being fun.
Heavy Counter because nothing will ever match the feeling of watching Ike wind back and smack the **** out of whoever just hit him.
Several of Ganondorf's custom moves.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Warlock Blade for the instant shield break, Hyper Monado Arts and Power Vision for the ability to kill someone at 30 off of countering their nair, and Freaky Fruit for the wtf factor.

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
All of ganon's customs they make him so much better. Weighted header is my fav i'm a WFT main.

Shog

Smash Ace
Dragon Rush is amazing and gives Charizard a super cool looking movement tool, Homing Missiles from Samus is also amazing

ZeGlasses!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeGlasses
Wii Fit Trainer has such good customs, I love it.

Giant Hoop is such a good offensive tool. (you don't actually lose much recovery, you have to mash it)
Lingering Sun Salutation is great for covering the ledge since it hit's multiple times and moves slower.
Explosive Deep Breathing is really good for covering low, and it can actually kill.

Dexmaster

Smash Cadet
Dragon Rush is amazing and gives Charizard a super cool looking movement tool, Homing Missiles from Samus is also amazing
I agree with both of those. Homing missiles makes Samus gives samus a fantastic stage control tool, and Dragon Rush is a great way to increase charizard's mobility without damaging yourself.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I almost forgot Exploding Attack. The look of pure shock on somebodies face when they suddenly get blown up.

Advance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlmaVulpix
3DS FC
0877-0828-1646
Heavy Skullbash makes me really happy.
I also like all of Pikachu's neutral B customs, even if they're situational compared to TJ.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Power Luma Shot is so badass and Warlock Blade is perhaps Ganondorf's best custom move, in my opinion.

CocoaCannon

Smash Rookie
NNID
CocoaCannono
Most Fun Custom Move: Bowser Jr's Side B 2, it's really fun against average speed or slower opponents when you spin out back and forth in mid air and they cant chase you down, fun to troll with now and again. Also Great in tandem with the Big Mechakoopa, where you can grab the mechakoopa then trap the opponent in your spin and let the mechakoopa explode, and if you're still spinning when it explodes you take no damage.
Best (BROKEN) Custom Move: Dr. Mario's Clothesline Down B, That thing sent me at 80% from the far left side of Omega Pokemon Stadium all the way to the right and killed me, and on other characters kills at like 40-50%. Absolutely disgusting, but I can tell it's a favorite among Dr. Mario mains.

8~Bit

Smash Rookie
I love ganon's angled Down B, gives him great coverage and has some cool options, like ledge canceling.

Meowjesty

Smash Rookie
Still unlocking them but so far I like the minor customs that improve recovery for characters like Ike / Little Mac / Charizard.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Hot Slap on DK got me the "clear classic on 9 without losing a stock" chellenge. Its not effective in multiplayer, but its so good in classic mode. On the same token, Heavenly Light makes Palutena a Goddess in Trophy Rush.

For Multiplayer, I like Exploding Attack on Greninja, Wizdrop Kick on Ganon that gives him an actual recovery and viability, Power Bow and Boomerang and Meteor Bomb on Link, Twisting Fox on Fox, that multi-hit Judge Attack on G&W, I could go on for days but those are the highlights

Meowjesty

Smash Rookie
Hot Slap on DK got me the "clear classic on 9 without losing a stock" chellenge. Its not effective in multiplayer, but its so good in classic mode. On the same token, Heavenly Light makes Palutena a Goddess in Trophy Rush.

For Multiplayer, I like Exploding Attack on Greninja, Wizdrop Kick on Ganon that gives him an actual recovery and viability, Power Bow and Boomerang and Meteor Bomb on Link, Twisting Fox on Fox, that multi-hit Judge Attack on G&W, I could go on for days but those are the highlights
Mind explaining to me why Hot Slap is so strong in classic mode?

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Mind explaining to me why Hot Slap is so strong in classic mode?
Two reasons. One, vs the mii team. Roll into a cormer, face away from the edge, spam it. Miis will jump into the move or walk into it and die.

Second, Master Core/Foretress. If you're careful (IE stopping your hot slap spam to dodge an attack) the move makes quick work of Master Giant, even at 9. Most of the time I'd have at least 60% against that form but as DK, didnt get a scratch on me. It's insane how easy master giant becomes with that move. Also Hot Slap makes similarly quick work of the Hearts in Master Fortress.

Meowjesty

Smash Rookie
Two reasons. One, vs the mii team. Roll into a cormer, face away from the edge, spam it. Miis will jump into the move or walk into it and die.

Second, Master Core/Foretress. If you're careful (IE stopping your hot slap spam to dodge an attack) the move makes quick work of Master Giant, even at 9. Most of the time I'd have at least 60% against that form but as DK, didnt get a scratch on me. It's insane how easy master giant becomes with that move. Also Hot Slap makes similarly quick work of the Hearts in Master Fortress.
Wow might have to try that, I'm farm some more defensive equipment though cause Master Fortress hits hard. I can barely beat 8.5 ):

Graystripe

Smash Rookie
Marth's Lai counter, the thing is extremely powerful and fast, I've killed with it at 50% before, it's insane.

I like Robin's Arcfire+ simply because blowing up your opponent is freaking hilarious, albeit less useful than Arcfire or Fire wall.

Goetia is also pretty fun and IMO more useful than either Nosferatu or Distant Nosferatu.

JayFresh

Smash Cadet
As has alredy been mention :4ganondorf:'s wizard drop kick and one of the other up B's increase his recovery by almost 50%, also the sword is amazingly better then warlock punch.

for :4dk: I love kong cyclone, 19% dmg if both hits connect on ground, good edge guard kill move, and cyclone punch cause wow insane edgeguard tool, charges faster then kong punch, deals almost as much launch and damage too,

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
Ganondorf getting his sword is the best thing in the game; the fact that it's GOOD is just icing.

Fox and Ness getting Wolf and Lucas' moves and Toon Link getting back Fire Arrows was pretty nice too, and again, it's nice that they also happen to be useful (at least Fire Arrows and the Wolf set; I don't play Ness/Lucas often).

For "Best Feel," however, Charizard's Dragon Rush takes the cake. It removes literally all of the risk from Flare Blitz while still being a great attack, plus it makes Charizard's recovery all the better (I use it with the extra-high, damageless version of Fly).

It's a shame Marth didn't get Roy's moves, though, especially since he has his clothes now.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I usually use the default movesets, but there are a few characters I like to experiment with.

:4drmario: Fast Capsule, The Ol' One-Two

:4ganondorf: Warlock Blade, Dark Vault, Wizard's Dropkick

:4duckhunt: Duck Jump Snag, Mega Gunman

:4megaman: Tornado Hold, Skull Barrier

:4pacman: Enticing Power Pellet, Dire Hydrant

:4miisword: Slash Launcher, Hero's Spin, Blade Counter

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
:4lucario:: Snaring Aura Sphere, it may be slow and kinda small, but it draws in targets, pierces, and hits like a truck oddly enough.

:4luigi:: Burial Header, it jumps higher than normal, buries the target and gets up quickly after using it.

:4megaman:: Shadow Blade, it may be weaker than Metal Blade, but it can pull a target(if they're close enough)into an Upper or smash attack.

:4robinm:: Thunder+, slower, bigger and more powerful laser beam of death. That is all.(only get ONE shot, though)

:4wario:: Burying Bike, it's slower, but it'll stop the target in their tracks. Not to mention slamming a wheelie is gonna hurt more.

Honorable mentions:
:4bowserjr:: Big Mechakoopa, it's like having your own supply of Bob-ombs.

:4drmario:: Ol' One-Two, Explosive punches? YES.

:4duckhunt:: High Explosive and zig-zag Shots, the former for explosions, and the latter for just obnoxious trolling with its combo ability(it's kinda tricky, though).

:4drmario:/:4luigi:: Clothesline tornado/Cyclone, these just flat-out put some serious hurt on the target.

:4robinm:: Arcfire+, longer range than normal and explosive(anyone see a theme going on here?)with good damage, but more recoil.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Wizards dropkick singlehandedly made me love Ganon again. so yeah, best move.

JayFresh

Smash Cadet
With the amount of people who have mentioned ganon makes me feel like he's one of the few charecters who becomes immensely better with customs. Hope to see one in top 8 at apex !

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
With the amount of people who have mentioned ganon makes me feel like he's one of the few charecters who becomes immensely better with customs. Hope to see one in top 8 at apex !
He is. I think he's good anyway, but with customs, he is a devil~ :3

Meowjesty

Smash Rookie
Decisive Monado Arts
Getting a fully charged down smash in buster form OHKOs Master Beast? Yes please.
I personally prefer the vanilla Monado Arts. I feel like not being to cancel your own monado whenever you want is such a huge disadvantage een if it lasts longer and is more efficent

JimmyHedgehog

Smash Cadet
NNID
JimmyHedgehog
3DS FC
3497-0193-6314
Some of my favourites would probably be:
The flame spin dash and Spring Headbutt for :4sonic:
Spindash is fast, strong, and can follow into f-air and u-air well. Easily stopped by a shield though. Spring Headbutt is useful against airborne opponents, and good for off-stage gimping, since it makes Sonic himself do damage and not just the spring. Spring doesn't stay if used on ground but that's not really an issue.

Ice breath and Upper Cutter for :4kirby:
Ice Breath is so good for edge guarding, and pretty much flat out stops all approaches from directly infront (for example Ganon's side-B, spindashes, etc.), and Upper Cutter, while leaving you vulnerable on the way back down, is a great kill move and when they're too high for another Ice breath to hit while edge guarding, upper cutter works a treat. Also Giant Hammer for its sheer hilarity.

Electric Spin Attack and Boomerang for :4link:
Sure Electric Spin nerfs his recovery really badly, but boy is it strong and it feels satisfying to hit with. Boomerang is good for the damage and knockback, and is a great move to hit off stage opponents with, especially paired with Meteor Bomb. Power Bow gets special mention, so satisfying to hit/kill with.

There's a few more but I think I've typed enough XD

Last edited:

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
:4megaman: hyper bomb, skull shield, burst bomb, and Beat.
:4pacman:Gravity pellet, exploding hydrant, higher single jump
:4link:power bow, regular boomerang, higher jump
:4zss:low flip, dash side b, lateral jump
:4samus:mega bomb, turbo missile

Top Bottom