• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are Peach's movement options?

Onoh

Smash Cadet
NNID
benclaremom
Hello, I have recently started to get into competitive melee and I'm thinking of maining Peach. I have the basics down but there are no tournaments around and I've only just started my account so I'm still a rookie. I know movement is very important in this game, but how can Peach move efficiently?
:010:< me in Melee

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
Hello, I have recently started to get into competitive melee and I'm thinking of maining Peach. I have the basics down but there are no tournaments around and I've only just started my account so I'm still a rookie. I know movement is very important in this game, but how can Peach move efficiently?
:010:< me in Melee
where are you located? just want to make sure you aren't missing anything nearby.

peach moves efficiently through well executed floats (proper inputs for entering/leaving float, clean float cancelled aerials, and knowing when / when not to float) and her wavedash. despite being the shortest, it allows for the 'fine tuning' of spacing in close quarters (as opposed to being a tool for covering large distances/many options)

DJLing onto platforms is another great way to move more efficiently with her

Last edited:

Onoh

Smash Cadet
NNID
benclaremom
where are you located? just want to make sure you aren't missing anything nearby.

peach moves efficiently through well executed floats (proper inputs for entering/leaving float, clean float cancelled aerials, and knowing when / when not to float) and her wavedash. despite being the shortest, it allows for the 'fine tuning' spacing in close quarters as opposed to being a tool for covering large distances.

DJLing onto platforms is another great way to move more efficiently with her
Thanks for the tip! I'm not comfortable giving my exact state but I'm in the upper Midwest region and I have little transportation options.

Top Bottom