• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wes Deals With Patches On The Newest Smash On Blast

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

It's time for another installment of Smash on Blast. This time around, community figure Wes gives his thoughts on Smash 4 being patched and how the patches affect the game in general. The game has been patched a couple of times now, with the most recent one coming alongside the big Mewtwo update. Wes handles the topic of buffs and nerfs with humourous skits and a well made comedic animation.

New Smash on Blast? Better nerf Greninja!

Be sure to check out Wes' YouTube channel for more great Smash bros content!

What's your opinion on patches in Smash? Make your voice heard below!

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards and doesn't want to nerf Greninja. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Wow, it's pretty cOLD in here.

At least two days cOLD.

Recess

Smash Rookie
episode 8 and 9 are still freaking amazing lmfao. this one was great too.

Smash Ace

It's time for another installment of Smash on Blast. This time around, community figure Wes gives his thoughts on Smash 4 being patched and how the patches affect the game in general. The game has been patched a couple of times now, with the most recent one coming alongside the big Mewtwo update. Wes handles the topic of buffs and nerfs with humourous skits and a well made comedic animation.

New Smash on Blast? Better nerf Greninja!

Be sure to check out Wes' YouTube channel for more great Smash bros content!

What's your opinion on patches in Smash? Make your voice heard below!

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards and doesn't want to nerf Greninja. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.
Ha! Better nerf Greninja again?

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
There's something to be said for adapting instead of complaining, but there's also a point where something is jank and we need to acknowledge that. It's like saying "Meta Knight isn't broken, you just need to adapt". Diddy wasn't Meta Knight levels of broken, but he was clearly stronger than the rest of the cast and he needed to be nerfed.

Kurogal

Smash Apprentice
United States of America - State of California
NNID
LaharlOnKonata
I really didn't find this funny at all either, I was expecting some kind of big joke all the way up to the end, and then left disappointed.
The only good thing about this video is that it points out that Sakurai patches won't always do what we want it to and can end up making the game worse considering his design philosophies.
There's something to be said for adapting instead of complaining, but there's also a point where something is jank and we need to acknowledge that. It's like saying "Meta Knight isn't broken, you just need to adapt". Diddy wasn't Meta Knight levels of broken, but he was clearly stronger than the rest of the cast and he needed to be nerfed.
I think it's less that Diddy was super jank and more that the bulk of the other characters were and still are trash, if not even more so now with how it nerfed R.O.B and Link almost as much as it did Diddy.
The power gap between say, Sheik/Rosalina and Charizard/Samus/Mii Sword/ect. is still much, much larger than the one between pre-patch Diddy to Sheik/Rosalina.
What I feel the patch should have actually done besides nerf Diddy is buff all the low tier characters, but now instead it'll just be Rosalina/Sheik/whatever other high tiers just melting the rest of the cast instead of Diddy. who's still miles ahead of over half the cast.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Loved that Saw reference.

However, the video didn't really seem to cover any real ground and just seemed outdated. It felt pre-patch.

Nonetheless, cool stuff.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
Lovin the Chrono Trigger music. The rest of the video was alright, I guess.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
We are sorry about the delay on putting up the video but a few scheduling problems to record and edit occurred. Next episode we should post it up sooner. We hope you guys at the very least enjoyed it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I thought this was funny for the first two minutes then it dipped off when it lost it's point and it stopped being funny.

No offense it was a parody and funny but then I think you pulled a family guy and rammed the joke into the ground.

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
honestly, I see patches as a sensitive subject. it has pros and cons, but it ultimately comes down to moderation.

I think it can actually promote metagame development by nerfing fighters that dominate tournaments a bit too much, like MK in Brawl... but at the same time it can be thought of as the devs deciding to meddle in the competitive structure if they decide to listen to the mass complaints of the players.

if anything there really aught to be an anonymous someone in the dev team that's actually well integrated with the competitive metagame. He/She can provide plenty of insight on what's popular in tournaments and help determine what's overpowering and what's not.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
How does this guy always end up on the front page? Must have friends in high places, not funny at all.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Thanks for your Input people, whether its negative or position. All of it is something i will use towards my future videos. And btw Zethose, it's obvious you dont much about your smash history. I've done more for the community than you think. And yes you are right I am a washed up player atm. But I can bet I still can beat 80 percent of players that still play. If you would like to play me one day Zethose or who ever lets set it up.

Last edited:

Shoto

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for your Input people, whether its negative or position. All of it is something i will use towards my future videos. And btw Zethose, it's obvious you dont much about your smash history. I've done more for the community than you think. And yes you are right I am a washed up player atm. But I can bet I still can beat 80 percent of players that still play. If you would like to play me one day Zethose or who ever lets set it up.
OOOOOO Wes I play Samus too. Whip these boys up in shape. Also haters, show some respect to someone whose grown the smash scene exponentially since its start.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226

You don't owe anyone an explanation just continue doing you. Even though this content isn't my taste, you are still contributing.

Top Bottom