• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Tether Glitch

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239

(Note: Sorry for the bit of language at the end. Also, sorry I couldn't record this properly.)

Yesterday I was playing PM with some friends, and we were doing random characters and stages. I got Samus, and one of them was Bowser. When I tried to tether to Dream Land's right ledge, Bowser used his foward b grab on me before I could zip up to the ledge. I think the specific throw Bowser used was the back throw, but I'm not sure.

What ended up happening was that it flung Samus into the air, still in the grapple animation. She was floating back down slowly. The weirdest part I unfortunately didn't record. The third player, Ganondorf, hit me with his up smash and sent me flying, causing MULTIPLE deaths to occur at once, making the screen shake hard and eating all of my stocks at once. Samus started floating back down, however, and I started inputting commands to see if I could regain control. To my surprise, I was able to get control of Samus again, but this time without any stocks and no percent showing. When Ganondorf lost the remainder of his lives, the match ended even though I was still on the map.

We haven't attempted to recreate this yet, and unfortunately I didn't have class today so I'm not on campus to test this some more. I guess it's worth mentioning that I run 3.02 from a 16 GB SD card through Homebrew, and I do have a slightly modified PM codeset so I can use extra costumes on certain characters, although I don't believe that had anything to do with the glitch.

Narpas_sword

altering code can ALWAYS have an adverse effect.

Id say put a pin in it until it's found in a default build. No sense making testers hunt for a bug that may not even exist.

Top Bottom