• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Physics....

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
So, i was watching the gampleay video of Sakurai, and i noticed 2 things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJmzalIXRKw

First, 0:13, Airdodge out of tumble... (Not exactly weird, just pointing it out). But, there is a extremely weird thing regarding trajectories, just check 0:29, 0:44 or 0:55 (This is one is really noticeable). If you see, after the hitstun wears out, Mario keeps going left with a pretty noticeable horizontal momentum, instead of just stopping in air after the hitstun wears out (Like in 64/Melee/Brawl)

Thoughs?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Hopefully it's a step towards less ******** physics.

Hopefully, but i find it really weird. I am part of the dev team of SSB Crusade and in the Apex demo, we had exactly the same trajectories when the characters were hit. I pointed that in january and nobody believed me, until the main coder checked the game engine and noticed a wrong argument in the formula of aerial speed decrease. Long Story short, it was a bug due a porting error. Maybe the same happened here?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hopefully, but i find it really weird. I am part of the dev team of SSB Crusade and in the Apex demo, we had exactly the same trajectories when the characters were hit. I pointed that in january and nobody believed me, until the main coder checked the game engine and noticed a wrong argument in the formula of aerial speed decrease. Long Story short, it was a bug due a porting error. Maybe the same happened here?

It is quite possible. Most of this looks to be ported over directly from Brawl, so they're still a ways off in development.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Doesn't it make more sense for them to not just stop midair and instead continue to carry their momentum?
Oh at 1:00 we get to see one of Megaman's taunts!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Doesn't it make more sense for them to not just stop midair and instead continue to carry their momentum?
Oh at 1:00 we get to see one of Megaman's taunts!

Well, it "does" in a certain way. But, it feels extremely weird, it doesnt feel right (this is based on my experience with Crusade, it didnt feel right at all)

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Also holy sh@# you worked on Crusade!?! That game inspired me to get into programming! Thankyou so much! Who chose the title though?

Top Bottom