• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly venue help

h2oHarmonix

Smash Rookie
Hey guys so me and a friend live in the north Bay Area (707) and wanna start a smash community around where we live. We're thinking of starting a local place to start hold smashfests and need help finding a place to hold em. Any general suggestions?

Also sorry if this is the wrong place to post. Didn't really know where to post this lol

Sensei

Smash Lord
When I ran tournaments on the east coast, I used venues such as cyber cafes and trading card shops. You got to talk to the owners and negotiate a price to use the venue for whatever amount of time and other logistics that you need. Depending on the price you will pay and the expected amount of people to show up at the tournament, you're going to have to estimate what venue fee you may charge to cover expenses.

Motel Vacaville of the West

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
There's still Dondon's place in Suisun which can host anytime.

The problem with people in Solano and smash is that new people are committed. They play the guys in Suisun (and me) and never come back. So honestly, you might have a hard time finding new people if they can't accept losing.

We're always here in Suisun though!

Top Bottom