• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Smashfests @ A&C Games (Toronto)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071

http://www.acgamesonline.com/world

A & C World
452 Spadina Ave, Toronto

West side of Spadina, south of College

Tuesday 2pm-9pm: All games
Thursday 2pm-9pm: Melee
Friday 2pm-9pm: Brawl/3DS

What should I bring?

Your own controller. Discs, carts, and consoles are nice to bring too.

A&C provides CRTS, some consoles, and will rent you a controller if you forget yours. They also have a dedicated stream setup that we're sometimes able to use.

How much does it cost?

$5 for venue, plus $2 if you need to borrow a controller.
The Vishtopia tournament series follow the Balanced Doubles (pre-set teams according to skill seeding) format for Brawl on Fridays, and is free to enter.
The Throwdown Thursdays tournament series for Melee has a $2 entry fee and features singles and doubles.

How many people usually show up?

It depends on the time of year (holidays, exams, etc). All days usually have a great turnout. However, it's best to post on ask beforehand who plans on going so you don't end up being the only one.

Smash 64 | Melee | Brawl | Project M | 3DS

What happens at these smashfests?

Friendlies, friendlies, and more friendlies. Singles, doubles, money matches, whatever you want. Brawl holds weekly Balanced Doubles tournaments (top players team with lower level players) on Fridays and Melee holds weekly singles and doubles tournaments on Tuesdays.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Old thread was years outdated, heres a new version

GrosMinou

Turbo Scrub
I'm going to toronto for vacation on tuesday, I might come play some games :).

Is there parking nearby? does it cost anything to enter..?

Edit : I should read before asking... <.<

Last edited:

marthman

Smash Rookie
Will you be doing this into september and beyond? I go to school close to toronto during the school year so i would like to come out then possibly

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
I'm planning on going tomorrow but how many people usually show up at this time of the year? I don't want to go there and be stuck with 10 other guys.

Aex

Smash Rookie
Hey, all. Is anyone here still attending regularly on Tuesdays and Thursdays? I'd like to start attending, but I'd first like to chat with someone who attends to get a feel for what to expect.

HoneyDipper

Smash Rookie
or even tomorrow or thursday, dieing to see how I fare against some semi-cereal smash players

Neonn

Smash Rookie
Im really down to come to this just upset there isnt any smash U :(

Trueblade

Smash Cadet
NNID
TruestBlade
3DS FC
0061-0303-4576
Im really down to come to this just upset there isnt any smash U :(
I do know they run WiiU but I'm not sure of the turnout. I was told it was on Fridays when I asked.

Last edited:

Alpha∞

Smash Rookie
Since the post is almost a year old I just wanted to ask if this is still going on

Ill be moving to toronto during the summer and really want to know how the smash scene is there

thanks in advance :)

Trueblade

Smash Cadet
NNID
TruestBlade
3DS FC
0061-0303-4576
Haven't been to one in a while, but yeah, they're still going. Pretty active on Tuesdays from what I hear.

Robfire

Smash Rookie
thinking about going to this, but if there's no smash wii u turnup i might not. i'd assume there'd be more wii u turnups than 3ds, right?

well, anyway, just gotta hope for the best :143:

Last edited:

Trueblade

Smash Cadet
NNID
TruestBlade
3DS FC
0061-0303-4576
Yes except now Tuesday is Melee and Friday is Smash 4.

Thing is, this week the TO for Smash 4 will be in Ottawa, so there's no Smash 4 at A&C tomorrow. However, the Thursday weekly, Smash on Tap, got moved to Friday this week. If you're looking to get in on the Smash 4 scene this Friday, you could always go to that. That one takes place at Shoxs Billiard Lounge just off of Keele and Dundas St. West.

I'd highly recommend anyone who wants to keep up with the Southern Ontario Smash scene join the Facebook groups, we organize most of our stuff there these days.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashWiiUOntario/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashMeleeOntario/

AlphaShadow

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shadowr2d2kirby
There's a weekly for PM at A&C every Thursday.
I just found out from A & C online BEFORE I noticed your response that apparently Project M is actually on Tuesday, and I didn't notice that it also said they are on thursdays until i checked after i saw you told me XD
Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom