• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Nintendo Corner - Half of the Year Leftovers

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Welcome to the Weekly Nintendo Corner! Every week, Smashboards will be covering a title from the Nintendo pantheon. Most of the time these will cover new releases or games that are coming soon, but do expect surprises – every once in a while, there may be a blast from the past involved as well!

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D is a 3DS remaster to the popular fan-loved The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask, released in 2000 on the Nintendo 64. This remaster makes use of stereoscopic 3D graphics, touchscreen controls, and the gyroscope features. The game remains mostly unchanged from the original. The list of changes can be found here.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3DS released on February 13th in all regions.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (also known in Japan as Touch! Kirby Super Rainbow and in Europe as Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush) is a follow-up to the DS title Kirby: Canvas Curse. The main game features twenty-eight levels and it includes a challenge mode with over forty levels. Additionally, a four player mode is included.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse released on January 22nd in Japan, February 20th in North America, and May 8th in Europe.

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., Lincoln vs Aliens in Japan) is a 2015 turn-based strategy game controlled as a Third-Person shooter, similar to Valkyria Chronicles and XCOM. Attacks and movement both require the use of a resource called “Steam”. Before each battle, the player picks between four characters. Multiplayer is included.

Code Name S.T.E.A.M. released on March 13th in North America, May 14th in Japan, and May 15th in Europe

Mario Party 10

Mario Party 10 is the 10th main installment in the Mario Party series, and the fourteenth installment in the franchise as a whole. Since it’s the first game for the series on the Wii U, it does indeed support Amiibo figures. Along with the standard Mario Party mode from Mario Party 9, Mario Party 10 includes two new modes called Bowser Party and Amiibo Party. Bowser Party lets a fifth player control Bowser with the Wii U gamepad, while the four main players are tasked with reaching the end of the board without losing all of their hearts. Amiibo Party involves up to four Amiibo characters playing on boards designed for those characters – The gameplay is similar to the original Mario Party games.

Mario Party 10 released on March 12th in Japan and March 20th in all other regions.

Splatoon

Splatoon is a third-person shooter on the Wii U. Players control Inklings, who have the ability to change between humanoid and squid forms. In humanoid form, Inklinkgs can shoot ink in their team’s color, which can be used to cover the environment or “splat” opposing players or enemies. Unlike most popular FPS games, both of Splatoon's multiplayer game modes focus more on covering the arena in your team's ink color than maintaining a high kill to death ratio.

Splatoon released on May 29th in all regions. Be sure to check out our sister site Squidboards!

Thethirdkoopa is a Game Producer, Collector, Musician, and Smash Fanatic at heart. He’s changing his work schedule to cope with life better to get more content in both in and out of SmashBoards. Follow him to talk with him on Twitter at @Thirdkoopa!

#KingM

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3926-6730-0487
It's been a good year so far, let's keep it that way.

Great job.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
This seems to be a new thing for news! Alright, let's see you cover Fire Emblem: Fates and Xenoblade Chronicles X sometime in the future!

Smash Ace
My best friend's ex-wife makes $75/hr on the laptop. She has been unemployed for eight months but last month her income with big fat bonus was over $9000 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site.....
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+ WWW.online-jobs9.COM
?

ZeroSkillSamus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4296-3051-4596
My best friend's ex-wife makes $75/hr on the laptop. She has been unemployed for eight months but last month her income with big fat bonus was over $9000 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site.....
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+ WWW.online-jobs9.COM
Reported.

D

Deleted member

"Mostly unchanged" my ass. I can't stand MM3D and I've made an ongoing list of everything wrong with it. The original was one of my favourite games of all time and MM3D just became I game I regret buying.

The Dark Hero 64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperMarioHeroes
3DS FC
0688-5841-0833
This year was very cool with suprise like yoshi wooly world or kirby and the rainbow curse. Well this year was a good job exept E3 :( (don't get me wrong E3 was cool but i expected a lot more than what they showed)
a Good job:)

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
I HEREBY DECLARE THAT NINTENDO, BEFORE THIS DECADE IS OUT, WILL SEND CAPTAIN FALCON, TO THE BLUE FALCON

D

Deleted member

id like to see this list
I've been looking for the text file a while now on both my computers, cloud storage, and my external hard drive. I can't find it, but I haven't forgotten, and I'll still let you see when I can.

D

Deleted member

can you generalize or something?
I guess so... It doesn't really do the list justice, but my complaints, at their very core, boil down to: unnecessary gameplay changes like the location of the fallen solder being moved to the Pirate's Fortress, or adding boss weakpoints that ruin the fights pace, especially in, say, the Goht fight. My other complaints are about changes to layout or events that I find to be unnecessary (like the others, but), in this case, changing the world and, in some cases, it's believably. For instance, the Happy Mask Salesmen giving you the... Bomber's Notebook...? Or how the Banker, someone who needs people for business, moved to the remote South Clock Town. It's convenient if you need to Soar there for money, and money only (which I never did), but it's a pain if you want to buy anything, as you have to go to two locations of Clock Town and walk along elongated parts of both (new to MM3D). Other things are the developers being lazy, like how Cremia re-uses Malon's model from OoT3D, whereas she had some changes in Majora's Mask (most notably a larger bust size, which isn't important, but also extremely easy to make for a game Aonuma said the started developing in 2013 that relies on re-used content). That, or things that make no sense from a gameplay standpoint like how saving is handled or the Song of Inverted Time getting nerfed (???).

I hope that gives a good enough idea, if you still want the full list, I'll continue to try finding it. I have things to add anyway...

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Link24b
3DS FC
1418-6839-5991
I guess so... It doesn't really do the list justice, but my complaints, at their very core, boil down to: unnecessary gameplay changes like the location of the fallen solder being moved to the Pirate's Fortress, or adding boss weakpoints that ruin the fights pace, especially in, say, the Goht fight. My other complaints are about changes to layout or events that I find to be unnecessary (like the others, but), in this case, changing the world and, in some cases, it's believably. For instance, the Happy Mask Salesmen giving you the... Bomber's Notebook...? Or how the Banker, someone who needs people for business, moved to the remote South Clock Town. It's convenient if you need to Soar there for money, and money only (which I never did), but it's a pain if you want to buy anything, as you have to go to two locations of Clock Town and walk along elongated parts of both (new to MM3D). Other things are the developers being lazy, like how Cremia re-uses Malon's model from OoT3D, whereas she had some changes in Majora's Mask (most notably a larger bust size, which isn't important, but also extremely easy to make for a game Aonuma said the started developing in 2013 that relies on re-used content). That, or things that make no sense from a gameplay standpoint like how saving is handled or the Song of Inverted Time getting nerfed (???).

I hope that gives a good enough idea, if you still want the full list, I'll continue to try finding it. I have things to add anyway...
Don't know what you're talking about with the soldier...
Totally agree about the bosses
The bombers notebook change was something for convenience but kinda dumb
The banker change was for convenience and I liked it tbh
The reused model I wouldn't even notice
Saving changes made it a lot better
How did the inverted song of time get nerfed?

D

Deleted member

Don't know what you're talking about with the soldier...
Totally agree about the bosses
The bombers notebook change was something for convenience but kinda dumb
The banker change was for convenience and I liked it tbh
The reused model I wouldn't even notice
Saving changes made it a lot better
How did the inverted song of time get nerfed?
I'm talking about the soldier you need the Lens of Truth to see (the one that gives you the Stone Mask)
Getting the Bomber's Notebook like is convenient in some ways, but you have to talk to them on the first day cycle anyway, so I think they should've just kept it.
The way the game saves is much better, but the introduction of statues just for saving doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you could just fly somewhere and save right after being done with your current objective. I would've preferred a save system where it keeps track of your location and your XYZ coordinates.
The Inverted Song of Time now halves times passing instead dividing it by 3. Is it too hard this way? Not really. It just gives you less time to get things done, so you have to reset the 3-day cycle more...

Top Bottom