• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Nintendo Corner - Bayonetta 2

Will you be buying Bayonetta 2?

• Yes!

Votes: 101 58.0%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 37 21.3%
  • Probably not.

Votes: 36 20.7%

• Total voters

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Welcome to the Weekly Nintendo Corner! Every week as the weekend nears, Smashboards will be covering a title from the Nintendo pantheon. Most of the time, these are new releases or games that are coming out soon, but we’re not exempt from surprises – every once in a while, there may be an old classic or forgotten treasure thrown in! Check back every week for the scoop on the upcoming Nintendo games.

Bayonetta 2

This week’s topic is Bayonetta 2! Bayonetta 2 is the sequel to the Xbox 360 Timed-exclusive Bayonetta! Much like Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2 is also exclusive to the Wii U; this time without being a timed exclusive. Didn’t play the original Bayonetta? Not a problem! Bayonetta 2 comes packaged with a digital download for Bayonetta 1!

Bayonetta 2 has already been released in Japan and will be coming out to all other regions this month. Bayonetta 2 is a lot of nice hack and slash fun for all.

For those new to Bayonetta, it contains several action packed levels where players control Bayonetta facing against horde’s of angelic and demonic creatures. She’s able to use both melee attacks and gunplay along with a special dodge mechanic called “Witch Time”. When a player dodges a move, it slows down enemies around Bayonetta, allowing players to think over what strategy they want to do next. Players are also able to trap opponents with special moves.

Bayonetta 2 does come with a few special features compared to its predecessor; a Multiplayer Tag Climax mode (that works online), Costumes representing Nintendo characters, and more!

Bayonetta 2 kicks off a few months after the first game; Bayonetta and Jeanne are fighting off a group of angels. During one particular attack, Jeanne’s soul is claimed by the depths of hell. Upon a tip from her informant Enzo, Bayonetta heads to Fimbulvinter – An entrance to Inferno, the gates of Hell, is said to be inside. Bayonetta plans to use it to save Jeanne.

Can she save her or is it too late?

Features

Bayonetta
As mentioned above, Bayonetta 2 comes with the original Bayonetta in the physical package. If players are downloading the game digitally, Bayonetta 2 will be available for $50, with the original Bayonetta discounted to ten dollars.

Multiplayer Tag Climax Mode
An online only mode for Multiplayer; players team up with each other to fight against hordes from levels of the single player games. Players can choose to play with friends, random matches with strangers, or if they’re unable to access the Internet, play with a CPU!

Many abilities such as Witch Time and Umbran Climax are shared by everyone. Players share a HUD where they can see partner’s current health, magic, and halo score.

Costumes
As shown above, Bayonetta has a Link, Samus, and Peach costume. She also has a Star Fox costume only in Bayonetta 2. Along with this, a chain chomp is available as a weapon.

Wii U Tablet
The Tablet features touchscreen controls for tapping and cutting; it allows for accuracy to pinpoint weaknesses on bosses, and gives players are completely new style of control!

About the Team

Bayonetta 2 was developed by Platinum Games. Before Platinum Games became Platinum, they were Clover Studios; a parent company of God Hand. They were known for God Hand, Okami, and Viewtiful Joe. Hideki Kamiya, the writer of Bayonetta 2 and a key member of Platinum Games, created Devil May Cry when he was still with Capcom. Platinum Games is now known for many titles, both in and out of Nintendo, including The Wonderful 101, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Bayonetta, MadWorld, and the upcoming Legend of Korra and Scalebound. Other than God of War, if you've played a good beat 'em up lately, Platinum Games had a hand in creating it. Check out their development history here.

Music

---

With positive reviews containing 9 and even 10 from many sites such as IGN and Destructoid it shows that Bayonetta 2 is certainly a worth it game to add to your Wii U collection. The current Metacritic rating is holding at 91, which is a rarity - no doubt this game will define action brawlers going forward.

Bayonetta 2 has already been released in Japan and will be released in all other regions on October 24th.

Do you enjoy Beat 'em ups or any of Platinum’s games? Will you be getting Bayonetta 2? Have you played Bayonetta 1? Still busy with Smash Bros. for 3DS? Let us know in the comments below.

Thethirdkoopa is a Game Producer, Game Collector, Musician, Gamer, and Smash Fanatic at heart who loves making these articles weekly. He's a friendly guy too. Go talk to him on Twitter about your favorite Beat-Em-Ups! @Thirdkoopa

Last edited:

Iguana

Smash Cadet
I don't have a Wii U, but I tried the Bayonetta 2 demo a couple of days ago at a friend's house, and I gotta say this looks to be a really fun game (haven't played Bayonetta 1 by the way).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I probably won't be getting this, it looks fun but it's not my cup of tea maybe after a price drop though. Plus I need money for smash, pokemon and both versions of sonic boom

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Given all the positive reception Bayo 2's been receiving (even a couple perfect scores), it may end up being one of those cult classic games if it doesn't sell well. Kinda like Bayo 1.

Whether or not to get this before Smash Wii U is another story. :/

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Hello!? Nintendo Costumes? In Bayonetta? *****?

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I will be picking this game up. I really liked the first one and the sequel seems to be adding even more craziness to the mix.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I live for this game only:awesome:. It will be no doubt my GOTY. And probably among my favorite games ever. I've already played through the demo like 40 times to ameliorate my scores XD.
Only one more little week. I don't realize it yet XD

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I'm getting this, in November with smash for the Wii U.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Already pre-ordered it off amazon. Couldn't resist when the 10/10s started coming out of the review pipeline. I'm honestly more excited for this game than smash 4!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Let's all agree that she at least looks like tina fey here. I'll be getting this game by the time it's released.

Also, Blue Moon. Oh my god, Blue Moon.
This song should be in the next smash bros.

Last edited:

MP8

Smash Journeyman
A) Do you know what Sarah Palin looks like?
B) No.
C) What?

I'm making reference mostly to the similarity of her face and glasses. I also said "revamped." You might have understood the reference of my post had you used your brain ever so slightly or your ability to use deductive reasoning. I guess that's hard for you though; it must be so unnatural. I'm sorry for putting you in such an inconvenient position. :(

Last edited:

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Let's all agree that she at least looks like tina fey here. I'll be getting this game by the time it's released.

Also, Blue Moon. Oh my god, Blue Moon.
This song should be in the next smash bros.
Sorry for the double post but yes, I agree with this too. She looks more like Tina Fey.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I wonder how a photoshop to make her look more like Sarah Palin would look...

That said, I can't wait to get my hands on Bayo2. I have yet to play the first one (I've owned it this whole year though!) but based on what I hear, this sounds like my mindless type of Beat-Em-Up - Easy at heart, but hard to get all the combo's, higher difficulties, etc.

BerzerkPixel

Smash Cadet
In almost every Bayonetta 2 vid you will see one of the following:
Bayonetta 2 should be on PS4/Xbox1
Bayonetta is ruined cuz it's on Wii U.
Wii U is for kids.
Wii U sucks.

Hell believe it or not there is a website in which its goal is to BOYCOTT Bayonetta 2 because sodium that's why.

http://bayonetta2boycott.wordpress.com/

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Wii U is for kids.
Wii U sucks.

Hell believe it or not there is a website in which its goal is to BOYCOTT Bayonetta 2 because sodium that's why.

Haha, the butthurt is strong with this one

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
Wii U is for kids.
Wii U sucks.

They do make a good point...

It's not fun to be excluded, now is it?

I'M LOOKING AT YOU UBISOFT AND EA!!!

Actually, forget about EA, it's a good thing they're not here to make a 60$ reskin of their last 5 games...

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
They do make a good point...

It's not fun to be excluded, now is it?

I'M LOOKING AT YOU UBISOFT AND EA!!!

Actually, forget about EA, it's a good thing they're not here to make a 60$ reskin of their last 5 games...
But the thing is, without nintendo the game wouldn't exist, it's either wii u or nothing

Antonino

Smash Rookie
"Didn’t play the original Bayonetta? Not a problem! Bayonetta 2 comes packaged with a digital download for Bayonetta 1!"

It actually comes with a physical copy of the first Bayonetta. You can check it on on the official Bayonetta 2 website.

Yuritails

Smash Cadet
I can't wait to get this game. I LOVED bayonetta 1 and this one looks just as good as the original.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
"Didn’t play the original Bayonetta? Not a problem! Bayonetta 2 comes packaged with a digital download for Bayonetta 1!"

It actually comes with a physical copy of the first Bayonetta. You can check it on on the official Bayonetta 2 website.
That's nice, but that's actually the same thing the article says, so I'm not sure what you're quoting.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
For just a split second, I thought this was an article published by Nintendo. On Smashboards.
Like, not second hand. By a user from Nintendo, with the name Nintendo.

Then I realized that all the other articles had "Nintendo" next to them in some way or form.

Man, I'm out of it.
No Bayo for me, though. I never truly cared for action games like this.

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
In the article, it should be "hordes", not "hoarde's". "Hoard" is like a secret stash of something, "horde" is a group of certain animals, or a group of enemies, and "hoarde's" is not even a word.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
WHAT!!?? A GAME WITH BLOOD N BEWBS PUBLISHED BY NINTENDo??

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
The cosplay costumes all look kinda dumb due to the weird conical hat thing going on.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Wii U is for kids.
Wii U sucks.

SMH. :glare:

There's also that one guy that only thinks it's unfair not everyone can play it. Theoretically, everyone could, but they'd need to buy a Wii U. :smirk:

Top Bottom