• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekend Watchlist Four: Seven Stellar Events To Catch This Weekend

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Welcome to the fourth edition of Weekend Watchlist, the best way to find the most exciting tournaments to watch each weekend! We help fans satisfy that craving for Smash content by sifting through the tournaments and streams planned for each weekend and coming up with the best to tune into. Without further ado, here is the Weekend Watchlist!

DVDA 10

DVDA 10 is a Smash for Wii U exclusive tournament taking place in Las Vegas from May 30th through May 31st. Some serious talent is expected to attend including names like ZeRo, Mr. ConCon, SE K9sbruce, SFA SS, AirVault, Z, Xero, Bear, GV BTB, L3 Hino, L3 Kinzer, sonicMega, Oki, and TimmyAZ! That's right, the chance to see Mr.ConCon have a rematch against ZeRo, the only player to have taken a set off ZeRo in bracket for quite some time! There will also be a Nevada vs Arizona crew battle that is sure to be fun to see. The stream will be provided by NewMetaStream with matches uploaded to their Youtube channel after. A schedule for the event has been provided below. For more information on the event check out its Smashboards thread.

Schedule:
Saturday
Doubles & Singles Pools
11am: Final day for LVL UP EXPO fee payment, setup, warmups, & registrations payments
1pm: Start Doubles Bracket
3pm: Start Singles Round Robin Pools in Waves & Pool Wave #1
5pm: Pool Wave #2
7pm: Pool Wave #3
9pm: Pool Wave #4* (may not run if not enough entrants)

Sunday
Top 32 or 64 Singles
12pm: Warmups and check-ins
1pm: Top 32 or 64 Singles Start
~3pm: Nevada Vs Arizona Crew Battle​

Dismantle

Dismantle is a large event taking place from May 30th through may 31st that will feature a plethora of events including singles and doubles for Smash for Wii U, Melee, Project M, and Smash 64, singles for Brawl, several crew battles, Mortal Kombat X, Mario Kart, and a Splatoon Showcase!

The event will also feature a character auction event for Smash 4 and Project M alongside a regular raffle with a Wii U, amiibos, gift cards, free 3 months of tournament entries and other future tournament entries, and many other prizes. This alongside all food profits and a percentage of the venue fee will be going to play to pay back players owed money from the RTGN fiasco that left over 20 top players victim to $6100 in unpaid pot bonuses from Smash 4 Worldwide, RTGN Beta Launch Tournament, and E2C 11 and is a valiant effort by Events2Compete that deserves support.

With a star studded cast including Axe, Westballz, Dabuz, Shroomed, False, Keitaro, Plup, Ally, Akiro, JJROCKETS, Kels, Frootloop, Vro, Oro?!, Sago, and ORLY there is sure to be some hype! The event will be streamed and hosted by Events2Compete. A schedule for the event and more information can be found on its Facebook event page.

Campeonato pré-TMSS

Campeonato pré-TMSS is a training tournament made to help players prepare for the large upcoming tournament TMSS3. TMSS3 is an upcoming national tournament that will feature some of the best players in South America including players from Chile, Peru, and even a guest from America! Funds have been raised to bring SFAT over for the event, so there is a real reason these players are training!

Campeonato pré-TMSS will take place on May 31st in São Paulo, Brazil, the tournament will feature Melee, Project M, and Smash for Wii U. Some of Brazil's best will be in attendence including Red Hairdo and Aisengobay for Melee, Phoca and Jokey for Project M, and Lukinhas and O Hobbit will duke it out for the title of best Smash 4 Ness in Brazil.

The stream for the event will be provided by X_revolution. A stream schedule in local times has been provided below.

Schedule:
>10:00 am - Setup and freeplay
>12:00 am - Project M singles
>2:30 pm - Smash 4 singles
>4:30 pm - Melee singles
>6:30 pm - Project M WF, LF e GF
>7:30 pm - Smash 4 WF, LF e GF
>8:30 pm - Melee WF, LF e GF
>9:00 pm - Closing​

Dragon Smash 2

Taking place May 29th, Dragon Smash 2 looks to be the largest ever local to take place in Stockholm, Sweden hosting exclusively Smash for Wii U. There are many players to keep a lookout for including:

Deo: Having recently dethroned Alias as the best Smash 4 players in Stockholm he'll be stepping up to defend his title

Thinkaman: Coming all the way for the United States, Thinkaman recently placed second at Vårpeppen tourney in Uppsala losing only to Deo after winning a nailbiting series against Alias with his Custom Ganondorf. Can he take down Deo for the win?

Alias: Having recently been dethroned and taken down by Thinkaman, Alias is coming back with a vengence. Having switched mains from Greninja to Fox, will the switch help him regain his throne?

M: The dark horse of the event, M took second in his first ever tournament the previous Friday. A threat of of nowhere, his Fox is a force to be reckoned with.

Miguel: Having taken third place at Beauty 10, he has recently come back after a bout of sickness. Once known as one of the Top 3 Brawl players in Stockholm, will he return to start a new reign?

The only to find out is to tune in! The stream will begin at 6PM CET and will be provided by SheildBreakers.

Battlefield V

For those with a serious craving for Project M and ONLY Project M Battlefield V is a great choice. It's taking place in West Bloomfield, Michigan on May 30th. The stream will be provided by Battlefield Smash, and its schedule has been provided below. For more information on the event check out its Smashboards thread.

Schedule:
Venue Opens, Doubles & Singles Registration Begins -> 11:00AM - 2:00PM
Doubles Registration Ends -> 1:30PM
Doubles Bracket -> 2:00PM - 3:30PM
Singles Registration Ends -> 3:30PM
Singles Pools -> 4:00PM - 5:00PM
Singles Bracket -> 6:00PM Onwards​

Boswer's Revenge 17

Still not enough Project M? Then tune into Bowser's Revenge 17! Taking place in Plano, Texas on May 30th it will be a Project M exclusive event with both singles and doubles with a special Turbo Mode side event. The stream will be provided by Project M Central. A schedule for the event has been provided below. For more information on the event check out its Smashboards thread.

Schedule:
11:00AM Registration opens
12:00PM Project M Doubles start
2:30PM Project M Singles Start
4:00PM? Turbo Mode side event​

Get On My Level 2015

Get On My Level 2015 is a Canadian national tournament taking place from May 30th through 31st sponsored by Enthusiast Gaming Live. Threehundred and eightsix players are set to compete in Melee and Smash for Wii U! Some incredible competition is coming to the event! Melee notables include Hungrybox, Hax, The Moon, Duck, DJ Nintendo, KirbyKaze, MAcD, Kalamazu, Coastward Kage the Warior, Toph, Prince Abu, and more! On the Smash for Wii U side names like Nakat, Max Ketchum, pidgezero_one, Toronto Joe, and more!

The main stream for the event will be provided by Even Matchup Gaming with the side stream provided EGEOfficial. For more information on the event check out its Facebook event page.

---​

So choose a stream, maybe fire up multitwitch, and satisfy that need for Smash with the coolest events around! If there are events that should be featured in next week's Weekend Watchlist mention them in the comments below or Tweet them out to @SmashCapps.

GoldenEmp

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4828-5122-6398
I really like these weekend watchlist! They keep me entertained when I've got nothing to do on weekends, but it would also be great to have follow up articles with the results of the listed tournaments, as it's almost impossible to follow all of these events.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I'm watching Dragon Smash 2 right now. Too bad I won't be able to catch much of these due to my brother's graduation today and work on Saturday, but Sunday will be fun.

All these events sound fantastic, particularly DVDA 10 with Mr. ConCon and Zero. That's a match that I want to see again. It's also great that we have some exclusive tournaments for Sm4sh and Project M as well.

The Smash Hub definitely needs to cover some of these Sm4sh events, especially DVDA 10. These are too good to pass up on.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I am hyped for TMSS3 and pré-TMSS. I also can't wait to see what Splatoon tournament play looks like at Dismantle, even if it is a exhibition.
Also, you've written Battlefield VII as Battlefield V.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I am hyped for TMSS3 and pré-TMSS. I also can't wait to see what Splatoon tournament play looks like at Dismantle, even if it is a exhibition.
Also, you've written Battlefield VII as Battlefield V.
The Smashboards thread has it as Battlefield V, I went with what it had there even though I assumed the same that is was wrong. Gotta report stuff as it is.

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
I'm gonna be at dismantle! Look out for the Ganondorf team in doubles. Stomp city hype.

Also there's a weekly tonight that Events2Compete is probably streaming for smash 4 that's gonna have Dabuz, Keitaro, and False, so you can get into that for a sneak peek if you want.

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
this really annoys me how so many smash 4 tournies are on the same weekend,,i want to see big names fight against eachother,,not big names demolishing unknowns

Last edited:

Unwavering_Canadian

Smash Apprentice
I'd like these better if right at the top there were links to all twitch streams, and even more so if there was a "stream is active" notification beside them. Even so, these posts are awesome! Keep up the great work!

Top Bottom