• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weak and Strong Hits

RedPittoo

Smash Rookie
Okay so If i missed this information because it could be on the stickied frame data post I apologize, but I couldn't find it. I was wondering where on peach's body are all of the weak and strong hitboxes for each of her aerials? Or at least, where could i find this info? This question is mostly along the lines of, how to tell where and when are peach's weak hitboxes vs strong ones when looking at frame data.

Sycorax

Smash Ace
I could tell you how to find out yourself, but it's actually just easier to exhaustively tell you for each aerial.

Nair: If you look at the gif in the Hitboxes thread, it looks like a set of three long continuous hitboxes. The strong hitbox for each of those lasts for the first 4 frames. After that, they all turn in to weak hitboxes.

Bair: Similar. The big bubble seems to be one long hitbox. In fact, the first 4 frames of it are strong after which it becomes weak.

Fair: No weak hitboxes :3 This move doesn't have a weak and strong part. It's strong for the entire time to move is out.

Dair: No weak hitboxes. Well their all weak. I guess it depends on perspective :p

Uair: The tip is the strongest. The inner 2 hitboxes are slightly weaker. This move doesn't have a weak and strong part. It's strong for the entire time to move is out.

RedPittoo

Smash Rookie
This is really helpful information. I hear commentators mention people using weak bair or weak up air to extend combos but couldn't find anywhere that explained the location of the weak and strong parts. Thanks so much for the reply!

Sycorax

Smash Ace
You can use MasterHand or Kadano's hitbox spreadsheet to figure it out. Knowing how to work debug mode helps too. Explain all of that would take a lot of effort though.

You can also just learn from experience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom