• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Record Your Replays - Helpers Welcome.

D

Deleted member

Oh snap, 5 people.
Well, actually 4, because I still can't get your replays to work spider. Sorry. (Oh, I saw you streaming the other day, so that means you have a cap card? So can't you record them?)

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Oh snap, 5 people.
Well, actually 4, because I still can't get your replays to work spider. Sorry. (Oh, I saw you streaming the other day, so that means you have a cap card? So can't you record them?)
Yes I can record them now, I was having trouble with a hissing on audio and getting Vdub to work (I'll have to save offline on highest quality with Xsplit and upload to YT and hope that looks better than exporting Twitch to YT which gives me bad quality) so I was still seeing if you had gotten any done

What program do you use to record and what's your settings that are best for Youtube? EDIT: I've been through hell right now with Virtual dub and codecs but I'm gettin real close to some decent quality

http://youtu.be/NLZRkAz2WdQ
I'm using S-video along with Virtual dub with x264vfw video compressor on only a single pass BRB 3800 and a de-interlace filter of Smart De-interlace.

Nowhere close to your quality though, what exact settings did you have for this (besides your capture card and component cables being obviously better)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChUsaNlLAo4
Trouble is I also want my video to be stretched to Widescreen and 720 HD just like this video, but I can do that using format factory but format factory can't use the de-interlace filters and stuff Vdub can.

D

Deleted member

So, you'll have to remember that I use Component Video and I use an HD PVR (For replays ofcourse, I use S video when I go to tournaments)
Sony Vegas 11 Editing
Component Video
Properties: HDV 720-30p (1280x720, 29.970 fps) with 32 bit Pixel format and Interpolate fields.
Disable Resample and Disable Maintain Aspect Ratio
Video Editing: Sharpen to .250, Saturation Adjustment to High .250 and Low .500
Cropping: (If you did 16:9 in your hd pvr recording settings)
Width: 682.0
Height: 479.0
X Center: 365.0
Y Center: 238.5
Render: 6 Mbps HD 720-30p Video (Cuztomized Template with 100 Sharpness and Best For the Tab on the end)
^ This is my notepad I have in my documents that tells me what I need incase I forget ^ (Edit this if you have to, and find your own settings for S video to optimize it. This is component, so maybe some things should be changed)

D

Deleted member

Yes, thats my tournament S video. All I do for that, is take the raw video file, and render it in WMM so it doesn't look weird on youtube (the raw hd pvr file looks weird on youtube.)
I don't have problems with that, the HD PVR is $200 for a reason. It won't just **** up like that, and if it does, then I can just update the drivers or something.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
What's your render settings in WMM (which WMM?) is the raw video file already de-interlaced from your HD PVR?

D

Deleted member

Windows Movie Maker. These render settings make it HD, but are very quick renders :)
Width: 1280
Height: 720
Bitrate: 4000
Frame Rate: 29.97
Audio: w/e It's audio, select whatever it probably chooses.
The HD PVR already gives it a good interlace in its raw file. The raw file actually looks very very good, but youtube down scales it in a very awkward way. So you have to render it in something.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Wait and what is the "raw video file" recorded with? Some program the HDR pops up with? Is it an .avi file?

Does Sony Vegas 11 come with it's own special de-interlace filters? (which you don't specifically didn't have to use)

D

Deleted member

For the HD PVR, the raw file can be mt2s, mp4, or ts (Those are what they're called in the recorder. I record with .mp4)

yoshq

Smash Master
Wait and what is the "raw video file" recorded with? Some program the HDR pops up with? Is it an .avi file?

Does Sony Vegas 11 come with it's own special de-interlace filters? (which you don't specifically didn't have to use)
Yes, it has a few options for de-interlacing.

D

Deleted member

Interpolate fields.
Make sure to disable resample or else it will still look bad. (right click on the video track, switches, disable resample)

yoshq

Smash Master
which do you use?
I use blend fields...

Interpolate fields.
Make sure to disable resample or else it will still look bad. (right click on the video track, switches, disable resample)
Disable resample makes Sony not add frames in when a video is put into slow mo... so it makes it more choppy. Logically that's usually a bad thing.

D

Deleted member

I don't make videos into slow mo. Why would I do that for a smash video?

yoshq

Smash Master
Why wouldn't you? Have you seen smash montages using slow mo? Pretty standard stuff. And if you don't use slow mo then why did you turn it off?

D

Deleted member

For me, the picture can still have the blurry/pixely effect even after the correct deinterlace has been put. Getting rid of the resample actually fixes this.
Also, I record matches, I don't edit them. I might have to do quick WMM renders from now on though, because sony vegas takes sooo long. Is that cool with you guys? They'll look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K22GG7ajKk

yoshq

Smash Master
For me, the picture can still have the blurry/pixely effect even after the correct deinterlace has been put. Getting rid of the resample actually fixes this.
Also, I record matches, I don't edit them. I might have to do quick WMM renders from now on though, because sony vegas takes sooo long. Is that cool with you guys? They'll look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K22GG7ajKk
Interlacing is lines across the screen, not pixel/blur.

D

Deleted member

Oh, well I still use disable resample because it solves what I need.

D

Deleted member

I can't anymore because my usb for usb loading died so... I can't play brawl :(

-B-SanTa

Smash Rookie
Hello, Im Bellecher, top 1 from Perú, you might remember me from Keitaro's video of Perú.
I want to ask if this service can help me get the Perú channel started, as we desperately need a someone that records our matches for the channel. The matches are all mm's and tournament sets. We'd like to record em with the textures and music (That we would hand to you).

In the case that this recording service can't help us, any other user might wanna help? You would have access to the channel and all the replays (which r gud) and we would really appreciate the help.

yoshq

Smash Master
That's something that I'd be very interested in doing, Bellecher. Sadly, I don't have my recording device at the moment and neither does Zach. I'm going to link a friend to your post who has done some tournament recording in the past and maybe he can help you out.

-B-SanTa

Smash Rookie
That's something that I'd be very interested in doing, Bellecher. Sadly, I don't have my recording device at the moment and neither does Zach. I'm going to link a friend to your post who has done some tournament recording in the past and maybe he can help you out.
Thank you

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah, as long as there aren't weird textures on, I'd be happy to record some matches for you. How many matches were you looking to get online as of right now?

Top Bottom