• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Watch my Peach and give me tips

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
OK what I first saw. Was that you're not utilizing the fthrow or at least on that first stock in game 1. Like Fthrow is like the best damn thing ever when they're like at 120 or so, even if it doesn't kill them it throws them off stage and gives the opportunity to edge guard. So use, it.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Some of your approaches are questionable. Try implementing Bair into your moveset more... a LOT more.

There were a lot of times where a grab would have been optimal for a punish, but you Dsmashed instead. Remember, Dsmash doesn't really combo, UpThrow is great for combos.

Work on your overall movement and try to start wavedashing. Maybe this is just my playstyle, but I also see Armada doing it as well: it's never good to have an idle moment in Melee. You should always be moving around whether it be wavedashing, dashdancing, etc.

(Also, when you broke Yoshi's shield. You should have Fthrowed)

Last edited:

Spooky Ghost

Smash Rookie
1:05 - You DI'ed in twice to get fairs in. I would suggest against doing this. better players will just hit you again
1:28 - falling bair is the only reasonable falling approach in most cases. you landed before fair came out.
1:39 - Dash throw isn't a great option due to the landing lag. stick with smash throwing or sh throws
3:33 - this might've been a misclick but rolling to approach is easily punished.
3:50 - you start using nairs and it works great.
4:35 - incorporate some dash dancing if want to dash attack, just running up can be predicted.
6:00 - low percent f-throw isn't great, opt for u-throw -> uair/usmash or d-throw->dash attack
6:19 - you followed up your turnip with a dash attack which is something you can do more
6:30 - hilarious/great use of doteyes
7:17 - good dash dance
10:20 - i'm actually not sure how you would punish shieldbreak but dsmash would at least be better than fsmash

You definitely ramped up in the second half of the first match.
Things you can work on:
ground approaches. when you land a turnip, try following it up with a grab or an aerial.
practice float aerials. this opens up a world of options for you on the ground and make you a more threatening player
Bairs. They are a great tool for any peach both for approaching and edgeguarding incorporate those with floats

your dash dances were good, consider throwing in a few wavedashes backwards and using them more when approaching.
Keep it up!

Top Bottom