• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waifu/Otto 101: Corrin in Doubles

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
So I thought I'd start talking doubles strategies for corrin since I prefer 2v2 over 1v1. (Otto is Japanese for "husband" according to google translate)

Delzethin's video mentioned using dragon lunge to pin an opponent while your partner charges. I think this can also work for dragon fang shot. I'm finding myself looking for ways to follow up on the stun, since Corrin doesn't have a tether grab like ZSS. FSmash works in singles but I can see it being a good setup in doubles.

Rioku

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiokuMattenake
Get a Jigglypuff. Make it rest your counter. Profit.

Jiggs has i-frames during rest and isn't touched by your counter when resting. Your counter is very very broken. Rest is very very powerful.

I haven't actually gotten to test this out in doubles and the set up for it would be situational at best, but man does it sound strong. This Friday I'm going for it at my local Smash 4 tournament.

Gildiss

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0103-9270-5127
I really like the Corrin's neutral B in doubles, it stuns the target for a long time so my parter can get a free hit.

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
My best friend and are are doubles partners, (he plays cloud in doubles) and we've determined that Corrin defenitely has doubles potential, but is better as finishing combos rather that keeping them going. Jab is a really good combo starter to hit over to your teammate, along with fthrow and bthrow. Corrins nair and fair, however, send opponents at that weird 45 degree-ish angle, making it hard to keep horizontal "tennis" combos going.

Cloud can do finishing touch while Corrin has someone pinned without hurting Corrin, which is pretty bomb. And if Corrin is below kill percent, it doesn't matter if Cloud spaces it wrong since it only does 1%.

Jiggs has i-frames during rest and isn't touched by your counter when resting. Your counter is very very broken. Rest is very very powerful.

I haven't actually gotten to test this out in doubles and the set up for it would be situational at best, but man does it sound strong. This Friday I'm going for it at my local Smash 4 tournament.
Lmao I'ma try this

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345

Eh, counter is based off of the moves damage, not knockback. Rest doesn't hit for much damage, so you won't get much from a counter.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Gonna start practicing with a Corrin/Pac-Man team soon and it seems like corrin's dash attack is good at pushing the hydrant.

Last edited:

Rioku

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiokuMattenake
Eh, counter is based off of the moves damage, not knockback. Rest doesn't hit for much damage, so you won't get much from a counter.
I got to test it last night, you're definitely right. The rest counter kills at like 60ish and at that point it's not worth going for. Now Samus's charge shot? Yeah. That kills Mario at 0 and is significantly easier to go for. Since charge shot is broken the same should go for Aura Doge too.

EDIT: Did some more testing. What makes the Charge Shot kill at 0 is that it goes through the counter and actually continues with more range than the counter itself. It's very very strange.

Gonna start practicing with a Corrin/Pac-Man team soon and it seems like corrin's dash attack is good at pushing the hydrant.
Played this MU more than any other atm. DA launches hydrant easily, but it takes the full length of the DA to launch it meaning it's super easy to react to.

Last edited:

fma2111

Smash Rookie
I've been trying Corrin with my partner's Cloud and it's been doing great. Corrin's up throw is an easy setup for finishing touch and that's our main way of getting kills (neutral B can be used in some occassions for this set up). I can give him time to charge limit by covering with nair and multijab. Also I would like to point out how awesome is instant side B in doubles as you cover many options with the kick and if you have pinned down on of your opponent, his friend can't really help him because you can punish any try with the kick.

Asa

Smash Hero
counter is pretty goat. if you do double corrin, and counter her dthrow, it kills very nicely

Snakeee

Smash Master
Corrin is very solid in teams. The Side B to hold an opponent down can be amazing with the right teammate (i.e. Cloud *Finishing Touch*) . She/he is also a great character in a 2 vs 1 scenario. I've won a couple of 2 vs 1s in tourney already

Reiwai

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darkchibiterasu
One of my favorite tricks that I found in doubles is to have Ganon use their Side B, then if you aim just right, you can get the tipped Corrin F-Smash. I've also gotten it so that you can hit when they hit the ground, getting a kill, but the timing is a lot more specific onthat. It's stupid and risky, but it's definitely fun to do.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
ive been tryna take my Corrin into dubs & i believe shes pretty viable wen it comes down to it
however i fear for her due to most of my partners bearly know how to deal with her in dubs or i just get a ****ty partner lol. good thing i found dis thread :)

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
I think Corrin could be a pretty viable doubles choice, given her Counter (which your partner can activate with a projectile), her pin ability, and her paralyzer. The question is, if you're taking a sword character into doubles... why not Cloud? Only half joking :p

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
I honestly think that Corrin would be very suited in Doubles. He excells at mid-close combat which is exactly where doubles often take place, it's more fast-paced and without projectile camping. He also has moves with nice ranges, stuns and a great counter.

I would imagine a Corrin + Cloud team would be very destructive.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think that Corrin would be very suited in Doubles. He excells at mid-close combat which is exactly where doubles often take place, it's more fast-paced and without projectile camping. He also has moves with nice ranges, stuns and a great counter.

I would imagine a Corrin + Cloud team would be very destructive.
A couple of people were using this team at my locals yesterday. It's actually insanely good! Dragon Lunge and Dragon Fang Shot both set Cloud up for Limit Breaks so well, Corrin can very effectively protect Cloud while he charges, they can set up a wall with their incredible range... that's actually a VERY solid team.

Top Bottom