• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thank you for supporting Simon Belmont: Castlevania's Original Vampire Hunting Hero!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmm... maybe the meat could be an item in Smash... but what would differentiate it from the other healing items?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Congratulations to you, Speedwagon for inheriting the Simon Belmont thread! Although I've only played Super Castlevania IV on the Virtual Console, I can see Simon working in the constructs of Smash Bros, so consider me a supporter for Simon.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Even if I wasn't a Castlevania fan, I'd support Simon for the inevitable Vampire Killer or Bloody Tears remix we'd probably get.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was thinking about what a Castlevania stage might be like... and I thought... what if the stage is very big like Palutena's Temple... and the general stage layout is similar to the castle from the first game?

I would name the stage "Castlevania".

Just like how the general stage layout of Hyrule Temple in Melee is based on the palaces in Zelda II.

FreezeGuy64

Smash Cadet
Well the stage could be based on Dracula's Castle like that in Project M, but i'd rather a more fresh look on the stage by Sakurai

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well the stage could be based on Dracula's Castle like that in Project M, but i'd rather a more fresh look on the stage by Sakurai
Oh, that fan-made stage was changed to Delfino's Secret.

I was thinking... what if the Castlevania stage has breakable walls with items inside?!

FreezeGuy64

Smash Cadet
Oh, that fan-made stage was changed to Delfino's Secret.

I was thinking... what if the Castlevania stage has breakable walls with items inside?!
Well perhaps they can do it, since Sakurai likes classic stuff so i assume they'll do something like that

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
So the creator of Castlevania just created a level for Super Mario Maker.
Source

Someone needs to get a hold of him and ask him if he would like to see Simon Belmont in Smash 4!

EDIT: Maybe someone could find his (or his company's) Twitter account and send him a support for Simon in Smash 4, possibly with a lovely pic too.

Last edited:

FreezeGuy64

Smash Cadet
Source

Someone needs to get a hold of him and ask him if he would like to see Simon Belmont in Smash 4!

EDIT: Maybe someone could find his (or his company's) Twitter account and send him a support for Simon in Smash 4, possibly with a lovely pic too.
they should !

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@@BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmmm... maybe we could make levels based on Castlevania in Mario Maker?

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...le-a-console-production-on-all-but-pes-report

(sigh), this doesn't look good for Simon. So far, it seems that Konami is only interested in Snake (well that's based on the American division alone anyway). Man I don't know how they did it, but Konami has somehow managed to make me more upset than Capcom and Sega. I hope I'm proven wrong though and I wouldn't mind Snake coming back if he brings in Simon or Bomberman as well, but I don't have much faith in Konami. =\

Last edited:

FreezeGuy64

Smash Cadet
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...le-a-console-production-on-all-but-pes-report

(sigh), this doesn't look good for Simon. So far, it seems that Konami is only interested in Snake (well that's based on the American division alone anyway). Man I don't know how they did it, but Konami has somehow managed to make me more upset than Capcom and Sega. I hope I'm proven wrong though and I wouldn't mind Snake coming back if he brings in Simon or Bomberman as well, but I don't have much faith in Konami. =\
I really don't know what happened to Konami.............but Nintendo have there ways to do it. Nintendo listens to fans and if Simon got much votes they'll do it somehow

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
I really don't know what happened to Konami.............but Nintendo have there ways to do it. Nintendo listens to fans and if Simon got much votes they'll do it somehow
Yeah, I don't see why Konami would turn down getting paid from licensing unless they lost their heads during the restructuring.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Source

He isn't the creator of Castlevania, he is the creator of Symphony of the night, castlevania was already a classic when he started doing castlevania games.

And even if he wished with all his might for Castlevania representation in smash, it wouldn't matter, he isn't any longer in konami as every sane person already left the ship and it's working on an original IP thats looking amazing and it's probably the best decision he made during this decade. Frankly at this point I find more pausible for Miriam to be in the next smash than anything Castlevania reaching smash. Sadly i really see castlevania being totally dead :c, unless you count pachinkos as some sort of unlife?

unless they lost their heads during the restructuring.
You still doubting it? :p

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
He isn't the creator of Castlevania, he is the creator of Symphony of the night, castlevania was already a classic when he started doing castlevania games.

And even if he wished with all his might for Castlevania representation in smash, it wouldn't matter, he isn't any longer in konami as every sane person already left the ship and it's working on an original IP thats looking amazing and it's probably the best decision he made during this decade. Frankly at this point I find more pausible for Miriam to be in the next smash than anything Castlevania reaching smash. Sadly i really see castlevania being totally dead :c, unless you count pachinkos as some sort of unlife?

You still doubting it? :p
Sorry man, this whole thing just upsets me. I wonder who Konami would send to work with Sakurai on Simon Belmont if he ever got in. If you take a look at this, you will see that each third company represented by a playable character has someone from each company to help with the represented franchies.

FreezeGuy64

Smash Cadet
Sorry man, this whole thing just upsets me. I wonder who Konami would send to work with Sakurai on Simon Belmont if he ever got in. If you take a look at this, you will see that each third company represented by a playable character has someone from each company to help with the represented franchies.
There should someone who have been involved in the Castlevania games.

Also, Castlevania doesn't seem to be dead, well that's in the game side, but in the media side there reports of making an animated mini-series based on Castlevnania 3

D

Deleted member

Simon suprinsingly reached number 20 in this poll. It doesn't mean anything but still, it's pretty good to see Simon so high up there.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Simon suprinsingly reached number 20 in this poll. It doesn't mean anything but still, it's pretty good to see Simon so high up there.
If only Krapnami were here to see this, but they would most likely say no since they'd rather promote the Erotic Violence version of the Succubus instead.

D

Deleted member

It's pleasing to see Simon in the top 20, but I wish I could be more confident in his chances.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That'll be amazing, i'm thinking of making the first level of Castlevania from NES
Have you made that level yet and uploaded it?

I'm in the process of making a series of six levels from the first game. I'll upload them when I feel they are ready.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I wanted to place this on my Carrie thread, but what if we can have Simon, Trevor and other Belmont whip users as different skins just as the Koopalings and the WFTs? That way Simon, Trevor, Christopher, Reinhardt, Richter and a few others can join.

FreezeGuy64

Smash Cadet
Have you made that level yet and uploaded it?

I'm in the process of making a series of six levels from the first game. I'll upload them when I feel they are ready.
No man ^^; , tbh honest i don't own a Wii U, but i'd do one if i had

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No man ^^; , tbh honest i don't own a Wii U, but i'd do one if i had
Ah, okay.

My series of Castlevania I levels are almost complete. Just need to place some finishing touches like SFX effects and pseudo backgrounds and enemy/item placements.

I plan to do Castlevania II mansions but only after I get enough stars so I will be allowed to upload more levels without having to delete the Castlevania I levels.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So the Smash Ballot is ending on October 3... this Saturday... we need to get more votes for Simon Belmont!!

FreezeGuy64

Smash Cadet
So the Smash Ballot is ending on October 3... this Saturday... we need to get more votes for Simon Belmont!!
i gave many votes for Simon (since the ballot lets u vote how many u want) but i just want Simon to be along side the ones that also got higher votes, maybe with Isaac. Shantae and maybe Wolf

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys it appears that Konami rumor that said they're leaving console gaming was proven to be false, which means there's a chance for Simon !

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._it_is_walking_away_from_aaa_game_development
Well technically it's not from a Konami rep denying, but a person who works for customer service on the American divsion of Konami. I wouldn't put too much stock on it especially after the way Konami treated Kojima and his team.

Also:
"
I can promise you that we're definitely not leaving Metal Gear behind or anything like that. I know some blogs were claiming that online this morning, but I'm not really sure where they'd be getting that from.

We're still definitely working on console games and franchises such as Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Castlevania, PES and all the rest."

Yeah I don't buy that sorry unless the customer rep was talking about the pachinko games. I'm not saying Simon has no chance, but I'm not getting my hopes up. =\

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How amazing would it be if Nintendo announced a Super Smash Bros. x Castlevania DLC pack for Halloween? And it includes the following:

1 playable fighter: Simon Belmont
1 stage: Castlevania
7 Mii costumes: Dracula (main villain of the series), Trevor Belmont (reps Castlevania III), Alucard (reps Symphony of the Night), Kid Dracula (reps Kid Dracula games), Richter Belmont (reps Rondo of Blood and Dracula X), Cornell (reps Legacy of Darkness), Soma Cruz (reps Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow)

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
How amazing would it be if Nintendo announced a Super Smash Bros. x Castlevania DLC pack for Halloween? And it includes the following:

1 playable fighter: Simon Belmont
1 stage: Castlevania
7 Mii costumes: Dracula (main villain of the series), Trevor Belmont (reps Castlevania III), Alucard (reps Symphony of the Night), Kid Dracula (reps Kid Dracula games), Richter Belmont (reps Rondo of Blood and Dracula X), Cornell (reps Legacy of Darkness), Soma Cruz (reps Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow)
This would be amazing. Include a generic hockey mask for a Jason Voorhees Mii and I'm ready.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Today is the last day to vote for Simon Belmont. I think we ought to get more votes... I'm getting on Twitter to urge people to vote for Simon Belmont. Are any of you members on any Castlevania forums or communities? Think you can get some more votes from them?

Edit: I just cast another vote for Simon. This is what I wrote:

I grew up playing Castlevania games on the NES, SNES, N64, and GBA and I loved them all! Simon's inclusion would mean the haunting world of Castlevania would be part of Smash. This includes stages, stage bosses, Smash Run enemies, Assist Trophies, items, Mii Fighter costumes, trophies, and music! Simon would be an incredibly unique fighter with his Vampire Killer whip and sub-weapons. The 8 direction whip from Super Castlevania IV should serve as inspiration for his moves. Please make friends with Konami and ask them for permission to include Simon and the world of Castlevania in Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom