• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I updated the headliner but i have no clue how to put things in folders lol :).
For quotes, use the speachmarks in the tools near the back/forward arrows. For spoiler, replace where it says quote with spoiler, doesn't need to be in capitals.

For a title, do [ spoiler= 's moveset] *instert text* [/ (spoiler) ]

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Bayonetta fans: "Can you please retweet our Bayonetta for Smash image?"

Kamiya: "Is Bayonetta your Goddess?"

Bayonetta fans: "She deserves to be in Smash and we just need some support from the man who created her!"

Kamiya: "Your mom deserves to be in Smash since she gave birth to spammy ****ers like you!"

Bayonetta fans: "Stop being such a **** and please support our cause for Bayoentta in Smash!"

Kamiya: "That's it, I'm banning all of you ****ing Bayonetta idiots now!"

I'll do one better:

Bayonetta: "No cockroaches or crying babies."

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
For quotes, use the speachmarks in the tools near the back/forward arrows. For spoiler, replace where it says quote with spoiler, doesn't need to be in capitals.

For a title, do [ spoiler= 's moveset] *instert text* [/ (spoiler) ]
It sadly isint working i tried lol i deleted one of the move sets to clean it up so it wont have to much going one.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Bayonetta would be an interesting character for Smash but who holds her rights for appearances alone? Platinum or SAY-GAH!

Quillion

Smash Hero
Sonic has already killed Bayonetta's chances. It's a no-go thanks to the unwritten "one per third party" rule that prevents Smash from being overtaken by guests.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Ryu from Street Fighter has been found in the data files of Smash.
Now Bayonetta has a waaaaaaaaaayyyyy better shot in getting in Smash now.
I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. Also if it's true....LOL. Sakurai and his "no fighters from other fighting games!!!!" I'd prefer it to be Rayman or Bayonetta ........ but that will open up more possibilities and yes would in a way increase Bayo's chances.

I think you got Bayonetta game, assuming it from your other post right?

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Considering the fact that the Bayonetta franchise is only associated with Sega soly by name alone, I can see her getting in. Kamiya has made it clear that he hates sega for trying to end the bayonetta franchise. If you try to mention Sega to him on twitter, he acts like he has no idea who or what a ''Se ... Gah?'' is. He clearly doesn't want them involved with the Bayonetta brand anymore, so there is a good chance that if she does get into SSB4 as DLC, they will avoid mentioning her association to Sega, and lable her a PlatinumGames 2nd Party Character, since Nintendo owns partial rights to her second game due to funding its development.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I saw how some people did DLC packs, and idea from me as a Third Party DLC pack which includes reps from the companies already in. My pack would be Ryu-Sophitia-Bayonetta.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
I really hope Bayonetta gets included as DLC, it could also help spark more interest in her series and possibly boost Bayonetta 2 sales.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The good thing about Bayonetta, is that not only she's relevant to Nintendo right now, but she also delivers the most promise of moveset potential, quite possibly the most unique and fresh addition since Snake.
Here's a moveset analysis made by @Smash Daddy , you'll see why she is the character who has truly infinite potential.
Bayonetta: S+

Where to begin? Lets start from the basics: Bayonetta has dozens of weapons she can use to have a range of attacks from all distances and on every input. The ones I can immediately remember from the first game are a sword, a giant pair of claws and a whip. These all have more versatility than you'd immediately think, they have dozens of attacks on their own. But that's only the start. Bayonetta has a variety of guns to attach to her heels, to start she uses a pair of pistols, but can find or buy shotguns, revolvers and other firearms to take their place. In short, she has a tremendous amount of projectiles on top of melee.

That is not even touching upon all the other things she can do. She has hand-to-hand combat that can easily be its own moveset all on its own, except it also summons monsters to synchronize her attacks with giant boots, punches and stomps that come through humongous portals. She can summon torture machines at will to execute monsters on the fly if they're weak enough. For the finale on a boss, she has an assortment of huge demons to summon that are obvious final smash fodder, but surely could be used to inspire a move or two.

If you want a simple basis for a moveset, it's not as if it's intimidating to create one. She has an obvious standard projectile in her pistols she carries around normally, that can be rapid-fired at all times in the first game to whittle down a foe's health. Bayonetta transforms into various animals, including a bird and panther for an obvious recovery. Multiple mid-air jumps can be purchased in the game as well as defensive measures or items that have a variety of unique effects. Bayonetta can even walk on walls and ride missiles to name a couple of many, many inane abilities of the character.

I almost forgot to add how she can stop time. I'm sure I missed a huge amount in this long summary that are obvious to a big Bayonetta fan.

Keep in mind this is all based purely on the first game and Sakurai could easily implement aspects of Bayonetta 2., which may be just as full of content.

My opinion is that she needs to go right to the top of the list.
With the new leak in the running, it's quite possible that Platinum Games visit was more than it seems, it could've been agreement between Sakurai and Kamiya about using her in Smash Bros. later as DLC.
Things are going absolutely great for Bayonetta right now.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, the skeptical guy I am prefer to stay skeptical (I prefer to wait a real confirmation as always), but it's true that it breaks the "one character per editor". And THAT is a good thing.

But I admit that the Ryu leak is credible now!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Three credible data dumpers have confirmed it's real! Bayonetta has a real shot of getting in Smash now!
My hype level is through the roof right now.
Though, what if they chose Ryu over Bayonetta? A possibility. Though It would be fantastic if Ryo happened and simultaneously broke the one character per 3rd party FAN MADE rule and later.......Bayonetta is DLC as welll!!!!!! : D

I'm not going to believe anything until there's an actual leak with gameplay videos or a official trailer/announcement though.

With Bayonetta, her Wicked Weaves, Transformations and Witch Times are the three main things I want implemented in her real Smash Bros moveset.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
If anything, Bayonetta has nothing to do with Ryu right now.
I don't think he's going to choose between a 2nd Namco character and a 2nd Capcom character.
as it was said before, if the Ryu thing turns out to be true, it means there would be Two Capcom reps in SSB4. It's always been thought that a company outside of Nintendo could only get one rep, but with Capcom getting two, via Ryu and Megaman, this means others can as well.

Even if Bayonetta is tied to Sega by name alone, her chances at getting in seemed slim due to Sonic. But with Capcom getting two reps, that means Sega and Namco can as well. Ryu's inclusion really helps to continue boosting her chances at getting in.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I just argued with someone recently about how only the big third-party icons can only be in, this is how I responded:
Yet, there is no specific criteria rules other than the interview in Famitsu in October and his "special case" criteria.
We don't know if Sakurai will just strictly add just super famous icons as DLC, for all we know, he could just change his mind even though Sakurai said things against certain characters like "no fighting game characters aloud" pre-Smash 4.
If the rules can be broken for fighting game characters, the unconfirmed rules can be potentially broken for 3rd parties too.
If anything, the argument certainly gave me more confidence that we'll see Bayonetta in Smash.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Sakurai's rules are pretty much for show.

The only obvious (but not "official") rule is:

"I add who and what I want to" - Sakurai

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sakurai has broken at least 5 of his so called rules during the development. LMAO.
We don't
Sakurai's rules are pretty much for show.

The only obvious (but not "official") rule is:

"I add who and what I want to" - Sakurai
We don't call him Masahiro Trollerai for a reason. He's just too much of a troll to care about his own rules. :troll:

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
as it was said before, if the Ryu thing turns out to be true, it means there would be Two Capcom reps in SSB4. It's always been thought that a company outside of Nintendo could only get one rep, but with Capcom getting two, via Ryu and Megaman, this means others can as well.

Even if Bayonetta is tied to Sega by name alone, her chances at getting in seemed slim due to Sonic. But with Capcom getting two reps, that means Sega and Namco can as well. Ryu's inclusion really helps to continue boosting her chances at getting in.
If all three companies get a second representative, I wouldn't mind this setup:

Capcom
Mega Man
Ryu

Namco
Pac-Man
Kalas

Sega
Sonic
Bayonetta

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If all three companies get a second representative, I wouldn't mind this setup:

Capcom
Mega Man
Ryu

Namco
Pac-Man
Kalas

Sega
Sonic
Bayonetta
I had to research who Kalas was. But other than him I agree.

I personally would like KOS-MOS from Xenosaga. (who apparently is in Project Treasure.).......or someone from Tekken to fight with Ryu lol.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Of course, I'd like to see Bayonetta as a second Sega representative, though as far as a second Namco-Bandai character, I'd like to see Agumon. (Bandai did make the Digimon franchise, after all)

Altais

Smash Champion
I had to research who Kalas was. But other than him I agree.

I personally would like KOS-MOS from Xenosaga. (who apparently is in Project Treasure.).......or someone from Tekken to fight with Ryu lol.
Yeah, I really should have specified whom Kalas was. I keep forgetting just how obscure Baten Kaitos is. Originally, I was all for a Tales character, preferably Cless Alvein or Luke Fon Fabre, but since the Tales series is largely affiliated with Sony and Microsoft, from a business standpoint any Tales promotion in Smash is probably a bad idea.

KOS-MOS would be pretty cool, but since Xenosaga is mostly Sony-exclusive, and that the watered-down DS remake is Japan-only, I don't really see her as a likely candidate, unless they re-release the Xenosaga trilogy on the Wii U or 3DS. If Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles got in, I could see KOS-MOS being one of her colour swaps.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
If the low ratings for Shantae in the RTC game seem to be any indication, we should prepare ahead to how we rate Bayonetta in chances. I have a lot to say with Bayonetta and why she has a good shot getting in as DLC.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If the low ratings for Shantae in the RTC game seem to be any indication, we should prepare ahead to how we rate Bayonetta in chances. I have a lot to say with Bayonetta and why she has a good shot getting in as DLC.
Good? How so?

I still think she is in the unlikely/okay pile. Excluding any stupid answers like Goku......I think Bayo would rank at about #25-35 in the Ballot.

Last edited:

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but...

.....I don't get the picture.... Ice man? Iceman,
ya know I'm not playin'
Devastate the show while the turtles are sayin'
Ninja, Ninja rap, Ninja, Ninja, rap, Ninja, Ninja rap
Go, go, go, go
Go Ninja, go Ninja go, go Ninja, go Ninja go
Go, go, go, go

Quillion

Smash Hero
.....I don't get the picture.... Ice man? Iceman,
ya know I'm not playin'
Devastate the show while the turtles are sayin'
Ninja, Ninja rap, Ninja, Ninja, rap, Ninja, Ninja rap
Go, go, go, go
Go, go, go, go
That... is a grain of salt, dear friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom