• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Arle Nadja for Smash!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Guys, I was just browsing just now, and I gotta tell you...................I REALLY think Arle's best shot of showing prominently in the West will have to start in Smash or some REALLY BIG SEGA crossover game, after seeing this:http://segabits.com/blog/2015/08/18/segas-new-mobile-game-cranky-food-friends-gets-soft-launch/

Not going to lie.............A liiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle bit pissed off right now.:glare::grrr:
Oh look, another mediocre IP being used for a mobile platform. It's not like this had been done before with a big name company.

(Note Rubyheart from Marvel vs Capcom 2 being in the bottom middle)

Looks like Puyo Puyo is still showing it's popularity, and still has a chance. I don't know what that other game is that it's going to be crossing over with, but as long as it gets localized we're in good hands.
I'm still wondering if the Puyo Pop collaboration will still be bought over the Western versions of Sonic Runners. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for them to do so since half of the characters had been already introduced to the West through Puyo Pop Fever's 1 & 2.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Oh look, another mediocre IP being used for a mobile platform. It's not like this had been done before with a big name company.

(Note Rubyheart from Marvel vs Capcom 2 being in the bottom middle)

I'm still wondering if the Puyo Pop collaboration will still be bought over the Western versions of Sonic Runners. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for them to do so since half of the characters had been already introduced to the West through Puyo Pop Fever's 1 & 2.
What game is that? I love Ruby Heart (and Amingo) and had been hoping to see them return for quite some time.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What game is that? I love Ruby Heart (and Amingo) and had been hoping to see them return for quite some time.
A social pirate mobile game called Dai Koukai Frontier. As someone who loved Rubyheart back in the day, I would have preferred a console action-adventure game with the same concept or a even new Darkstalkers game with her as a newcomer (which will never happen since the HD rerelease was considered a flop in Crapcom's eyes).

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
A social pirate mobile game called Dai Koukai Frontier. As someone who loved Rubyheart back in the day, I would have preferred a console action-adventure game with the same concept or a even new Darkstalkers game with her as a newcomer (which will never happen since the HD rerelease was considered a flop in Crapcom's eyes).
I hate Capcom. They make good things just to take it away.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey! Second page! Nice! Still, I can't believe Are and friends got snubbed AGAIN! and UT's not even the 90s anymore! SEGA's gonna need to add Arle in a big crossover event or something to feel secure with her or something. Maybe Smash Bros., hmmmmmmm????:smirk:

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Hey! Second page! Nice! Still, I can't believe Are and friends got snubbed AGAIN! and UT's not even the 90s anymore! SEGA's gonna need to add Arle in a big crossover event or something to feel secure with her or something. Maybe Smash Bros., hmmmmmmm????:smirk:
You know I think you might be on to something here.;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This should happen, plus bring the Puyo Pop promotional content to the Western versions of Sonic Runners.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know I think you might be on to something here.;)
Why, thank you!

This should happen, plus bring the Puyo Pop promotional content to the Western versions of Sonic Runners.
Exactly! You know what's a little sad? I tried introducing my little brother to Puyo Puyo, and I was hoping that Sonic Runners was still continuing their crossover promotion event. Sadly, they ended it a month before my brother downloaded SR on his phone, so I'm hoping they bring the ACTUAL Puyo series to the West and soon. Of course, Arle in Smash would be the best, but still...

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Why, thank you!

Exactly! You know what's a little sad? I tried introducing my little brother to Puyo Puyo, and I was hoping that Sonic Runners was still continuing their crossover promotion event. Sadly, they ended it a month before my brother downloaded SR on his phone, so I'm hoping they bring the ACTUAL Puyo series to the West and soon. Of course, Arle in Smash would be the best, but still...
Honestly, I'd totally be cool if we just got trophies for characters like this right now. It could really help introduce these characters to wider audiences, which in turn can make them more popular. It's how I learned about all the Nintendo universes, just looking through all those sweet sweet Melee trophies, so why not do it with SEGA, Capcom, Namco, Konami, etc...?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'd totally be cool if we just got trophies for characters like this right now. It could really help introduce these characters to wider audiences, which in turn can make them more popular. It's how I learned about all the Nintendo universes, just looking through all those sweet sweet Melee trophies, so why not do it with SEGA, Capcom, Namco, Konami, etc...?
Actually, that'd be a great idea! I don't know why, but somehow I feel like THAT would give off even more publicity for the series than Mii Fighter outfits of Arle and the gang.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well she would make for a second perfect SEGA rep seeing all the history she has.
Not to mention the fact that, with the exception of the Virtual Boy, Arle, along with the ENTIRE Puyo Puyo series, have literally been on EVERY Nintendo console to date! From the NES to the Wii U! BTW, guys, I don't suppose any of you know Japanese, do you? I REALLY want to translate this interesting Puyo story I came across. It looks like one of those "All in a day's work" stories for Arle. Here's the link: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=48992263

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
She got one of my ballots. ;D
I'll have to think up a moveset for her... >w>

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Made a moveset >w>

Arle Nadja

Special Mechanics

Puyo
With Arle's Owanimo spell, she can summon Puyo onto the stage. Fighters can walk on the top of larger Puyo but phase through them, when walking into their sides.
Arle's Puyo's come in five colors, Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Violet. Additionally, Puyo come in different shapes: a small Puyo, a long Puyo, an L-shaped Puyo, a large Puyo.
When Puyo of the same color come into contact, they fuse. Puyo can only be stacked up to four Puyo high.
When four or more Puyo come into contact with each other, they will pop, damaging any enemy that comes in contact with them.
Puyo fade away after 30 seconds but this is reset when Puyo of the same color fuse.

Specials

Neutral
Owanimo: Default. When first used, this causes a random Puyo to slowly fall from the sky, where Arle was standing. When used a second time, this allows Arle the ability to control where it falls. Only one Puyo can be summoned at a time. While in the air, Puyo act as a platform.

Nuisance Owanimo: Custom 1. Summons Nuisance Puyo instead of normal Puyo. Nuisance Puyo don't pop but slightly damage enemies that come in contact with them, without making them flinch.

Beginner's Owanimo: Custom 2. Arle will only summon small and long, red and blue Puyo. These Puyo do less damage when they pop.

Side
Puyo Chain: Default. Arle will point forward, spinning and knocking back any enemy in front of her. When used next to a Puyo in the air, it will cause any long or L-shaped Puyo to rotate in the direction Arle is pointing.

Carbuncle Beam: Custom 1. Arle will summon Carbuncle to fire a beam from his forehead, damaging enemies in a horizontal line but only flinching enemies hit with the end of the beam.

Gu, Gu Guu: Custom 2. Arle will summon Carbuncle, who will run forward, damaging any enemy he comes in contact with and change any Puyo into a random color.

Up
Ruipanko: Default. Arle will place a barrier around her self and float upwards for a few seconds. The barrier is immune to projectile attacks but will pop after 3 physical attacks. Powerful attacks will pop the bubble quicker.

Arle Shield: Custom 1. Arle will jump into the air and cast a spell on her current Puyo to stop falling for 8 seconds. Does not place a barrier around her. The Puyo can be moves and/or rotated while standing still.

Puyo Hop: Custom 2. Arle will jump into the air then jump a second time, this time off of a Puyo she will slam downward. Does no damage. Players can control the angle of the second jump.

Down
Puyo Smash: Default. Arle will cause the current Puyo she has out to rocket downward, damaging and meteor smashing any enemies that come into contact with it. If Arle and/or any other fighter were standing on the Puyo, they will be sent upward slightly, with no damage taken.

Puyo Counter: Custom 1. Arle will do a pose. If attacked while doing said pose, Arle will jump backward and slam a random Puyo in her place, damaging any enemy it comes in contact with.

Puyo Pop: Custom 2. Arle will pop a single Puyo infront of her, damaging any enemy it hits. Damage varies depending on the size of the Puyo.

Final Smash
Puyo Puyo Fever: Arle will enter Fever Mode and jump offscreen. The stage's background will change into a mock-up Puyo Puyo battle screen, where the player will control falling Puyo, while enemies try to dodge. When four or more Puyo touch, they explode, dealing massive damage and launch to enemies.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Made a moveset >w>

Arle Nadja

Special Mechanics

Puyo
With Arle's Owanimo spell, she can summon Puyo onto the stage. Fighters can walk on the top of larger Puyo but phase through them, when walking into their sides.
Arle's Puyo's come in five colors, Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Violet. Additionally, Puyo come in different shapes: a small Puyo, a long Puyo, an L-shaped Puyo, a large Puyo.
When Puyo of the same color come into contact, they fuse. Puyo can only be stacked up to four Puyo high.
When four or more Puyo come into contact with each other, they will pop, damaging any enemy that comes in contact with them.
Puyo fade away after 30 seconds but this is reset when Puyo of the same color fuse.

Specials

Neutral
Owanimo: Default. When first used, this causes a random Puyo to slowly fall from the sky, where Arle was standing. When used a second time, this allows Arle the ability to control where it falls. Only one Puyo can be summoned at a time. While in the air, Puyo act as a platform.

Nuisance Owanimo: Custom 1. Summons Nuisance Puyo instead of normal Puyo. Nuisance Puyo don't pop but slightly damage enemies that come in contact with them, without making them flinch.

Beginner's Owanimo: Custom 2. Arle will only summon small and long, red and blue Puyo. These Puyo do less damage when they pop.

Side
Puyo Chain: Default. Arle will point forward, spinning and knocking back any enemy in front of her. When used next to a Puyo in the air, it will cause any long or L-shaped Puyo to rotate in the direction Arle is pointing.

Carbuncle Beam: Custom 1. Arle will summon Carbuncle to fire a beam from his forehead, damaging enemies in a horizontal line but only flinching enemies hit with the end of the beam.

Gu, Gu Guu: Custom 2. Arle will summon Carbuncle, who will run forward, damaging any enemy he comes in contact with and change any Puyo into a random color.

Up
Ruipanko: Default. Arle will place a barrier around her self and float upwards for a few seconds. The barrier is immune to projectile attacks but will pop after 3 physical attacks. Powerful attacks will pop the bubble quicker.

Arle Shield: Custom 1. Arle will jump into the air and cast a spell on her current Puyo to stop falling for 8 seconds. Does not place a barrier around her. The Puyo can be moves and/or rotated while standing still.

Puyo Hop: Custom 2. Arle will jump into the air then jump a second time, this time off of a Puyo she will slam downward. Does no damage. Players can control the angle of the second jump.

Down
Puyo Smash: Default. Arle will cause the current Puyo she has out to rocket downward, damaging and meteor smashing any enemies that come into contact with it. If Arle and/or any other fighter were standing on the Puyo, they will be sent upward slightly, with no damage taken.

Puyo Counter: Custom 1. Arle will do a pose. If attacked while doing said pose, Arle will jump backward and slam a random Puyo in her place, damaging any enemy it comes in contact with.

Puyo Pop: Custom 2. Arle will pop a single Puyo infront of her, damaging any enemy it hits. Damage varies depending on the size of the Puyo.

Final Smash
Puyo Puyo Fever: Arle will enter Fever Mode and jump offscreen. The stage's background will change into a mock-up Puyo Puyo battle screen, where the player will control falling Puyo, while enemies try to dodge. When four or more Puyo touch, they explode, dealing massive damage and launch to enemies.
Wow! This moveset is awesome! I don't suppose you have any ideas for Arle's tilts, aerials, grabs, smashes, victory poses, taunts, and entrance, do you? Sorry, I..shouldn't be pressuring you like that. I'm just a little excited today, and part of the reason being that someone else made an Arle moveset, so I'm just really curious if you've thought that fa ahead yet.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Made a moveset >w>

Arle Nadja

Special Mechanics

Puyo

Specials

Neutral

Side

Up

Down

Final Smash
First Arle moveset in years that actually focus on the Puyo Pop gameplay instead of opting out for the spells she use during chain combos with the Puyo Pop Chain Final Smash. Great job with that gimmick, PR.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
First Arle moveset in years that actually focus on the Puyo Pop gameplay instead of opting out for the spells she use during chain combos with the Puyo Pop Chain Final Smash. Great job with that gimmick, PR.
Good point. While I would hope that the chain spells are still used, this is a bit better since Puyo Pop is the more popular of Arle's two games.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Good point. While I would hope that the chain spells are still used, this is a bit better since Puyo Pop is the more popular of Arle's two games.
Maybe the chain spells could be used as her tilts, air, and smash attacks? >w>

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Maybe the chain spells could be used as her tilts, air, and smash attacks? >w>
Not a bad idea. The chain spells really could be buffed for her, so that she could be balanced, fighting off opponents and all. Honestly though, I kind of hope Arle is taken into consideration, due to her large support in Japan.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, Arle has my vote! I love all of the Puyo Puyo games! But, I would rather she have her design before Puyo Puyo Fever as that is still the true Arle to me. The redesigned one is not even that significant in the story anymore and her old design would fit Sm4sh a lot better than her new one would in terms of a 3D conversion.

Her taunts could be her comedy lines from the original games and she could easily be the best wizard rep that SEGA throws into the mix. I would completely main her, but I never voted for her because I thought it would be one of those characters that no one really would vote for; and she still is today. But, having a percent of the votes is pretty impressive.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, Arle has my vote! I love all of the Puyo Puyo games! But, I would rather she have her design before Puyo Puyo Fever as that is still the true Arle to me. The redesigned one is not even that significant in the story anymore and her old design would fit Sm4sh a lot better than her new one would in terms of a 3D conversion.

Her taunts could be her comedy lines from the original games and she could easily be the best wizard rep that SEGA throws into the mix. I would completely main her, but I never voted for her because I thought it would be one of those characters that no one really would vote for; and she still is today. But, having a percent of the votes is pretty impressive.
Well, that's great! Honestly, considering her LARGE fanbase and support in Japan, it would seem that SEGA would choose her as the 2nd SEGA rep. That is, considering they don't just go for another Sonic character. Don'y get me wrong, I'd love for Tails to show up, but I personally prefer Arle. Also, if Arle ever made it to Smash, I'd love to see her design, pre-Fever as well. I don't hate the design, but her more realistic-proportions might fare better with other characters. Specifically, I'd LOVE for THIS design to be used:
It REALLY looks like it would a gorgeous 3D model if they wanted to use this. Only issue is that many who aren't familiar with her may instantly think she's a Fire Emblem character. Also, let just say that she's actually the ONLY 3rd party character I voted for. Also, what kind of comedy lines do you think she'd have as taunts, BTW? Not to mention, do you think it's a good idea on the OFFICIAL Smash Ballot to suggest Amitie and Ringo as alt. skins for her?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I always thought the mushroom girl was the mascot for the franchise, I played the arcade and PSP version that featured her.
You mean Amitie? She sort of took over as the main character around the mid-2000s, but in the late 2000s, SHE ended up being replaced by Ringo, the redheaded protagonist of the Puyo series thus far. Amitie's sort of front-and-center in terms of merchandise, if not Arle, and Ringo's front-and-center MOST of the time in-game. AGAIN, if not Arle. I'll post a pic of her (and maybe Ringo) later, just so I can be sure who you're talking about. I'll say this much for sure: Arle is usually considered by many (including people in Japan, considering that she's the ONLY Puyo character voted for Smash Bros. on a constant basis) as the "TRUE" Puyo protagonist, since she's been around since the very beginning AND she's appeared in literally EVERY game in the series so far. Another thing that helps is that although her series is multi-platform, the Puyo games have appeared on LITERALLY every Nintendo console so far. (With the exception of the Virtual Boy.)

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I always thought the mushroom girl was the mascot for the franchise, I played the arcade and PSP version that featured her.
Okay, here's the pic. BTW, I'm just adding Arle in her Fever-and-onward design for good measure. So here they are:

Arle Nadja
Amitie
Ringo Andou

Those are the 3 main Puyo protagonists at the moment. BTW, was it a good idea for me to suggest that Amitie and Ringo should appear as alt. skins of Arle in the event that Arle makes it into Smash, or was that a little too much? I suggested it on the official Smash Ballot, BTW.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Okay, here's the pic. BTW, I'm just adding Arle in her Fever-and-onward design for good measure. So here they are:

Arle Nadja
Amitie
Ringo Andou

Those are the 3 main Puyo protagonists at the moment. BTW, was it a good idea for me to suggest that Amitie and Ringo should appear as alt. skins of Arle in the event that Arle makes it into Smash, or was that a little too much? I suggested it on the official Smash Ballot, BTW.
Don't see a problem with it since there are fans out there who would prefer the other teleological if Arle, especially Amite. Think of it as a proper way of representing all generations of Puyo Puyo in one game and I can name plenty of modern tracks that can be used. While the rest of original tunes are classics (Satan's Theme FTW), there are also some modern tracks from the Fever series that are perfect for that Smash remix treatment (Theme 2 and Vs. Dark Arle).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Don't see a problem with it since there are fans out there who would prefer the other teleological if Arle, especially Amite. Think of it as a proper way of representing all generations of Puyo Puyo in one game and I can name plenty of modern tracks that can be used. While the rest of original tunes are classics (Satan's Theme FTW), there are also some modern tracks from the Fever series that are perfect for that Smash remix treatment (Theme 2 and Vs. Dark Arle).
You know, it's funny. I always imagined that if Arle DID end up appearing in Smash, and got a home stage, the music selection would consist of her theme, Amitie's theme, Ringo's theme, and from there, a collection of SEGA songs from various games. Namely if Arle had a home stage, some SEGA music I'd suggest, aside from the 3 themes I mentioned above, would be

"Sonic - You Can Do Anything" - JP/PAL theme to Sonic CD (since this song was planned for Brawl, and was left out, Puyo Puyo might be another fit. Also, I just REALLY want to hear this song in a Smash game.:grin:
"Sonic Boom" - No:facepalm:, not the glitchiest Sonic game since Sonic '06:facepalm:, which currently has an admittedly decent tie-in animated series. I'm talking about the US theme to Sonic CD. Not going to lie, a little surprised this song didn't return to Smash 4 or at least the 3DS version.

The rest I don't think I can go into detail about at the moment, so I'll just say: The main themes (or at least one song) of the following SEGA games: Super Monkey Ball, Samba de Amigo, Shenmue, Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, Space Channel 5, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Chu Chu Rocket!!, NiGHTS into Dreams, and Alex Kidd and/or Fantasy Zone. Maybe something from Virtua Fighter and/or Fighting Vipers, if they want to go that far.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

This was the one I was referring to. She looks different compared to the design you shown.
The new design is merely her appearance after the Puyo Pop anniversary game. Now having a new outfit and hat to stand out amongst the newer cast.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

This was the one I was referring to. She looks different compared to the design you shown.
The new design is merely her appearance after the Puyo Pop anniversary game. Now having a new outfit and hat to stand out amongst the newer cast.
Good thing too. I don't hate Amitie's first-ever design pre-15th Anniversary, but something about her design starting POST-Fever 2 gave her (and Arle and the rest of the cast to an extent) more "evened-out" proportions. Those proportions eventually seem to have gone up to realistic. (Well, as realistic as realistic designs get for this series ever since SEGA took full control of it.:p) Of course, I would personally say that the series' TRUE realistic designs didn't take shape till Puyo Puyo~n (Puyo Puyo 4, BTW) As you all may have noticed, I've mentioned a couple times now that personally, my favortie design of Arle looks like this:
While I do think that the series' post-Yon/1999 designs are cute, I just don't think they'll EVER match to this artstyle. Granted, they went for an anime look that time around, but I don't know about you all, but I think they did a BANG-UP job with everyone's design for Puyo Puyo~n. If only SEGA would try out that design one more time, you don't know how excited I'd be.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Well, that's great! Honestly, considering her LARGE fanbase and support in Japan, it would seem that SEGA would choose her as the 2nd SEGA rep. That is, considering they don't just go for another Sonic character. Don'y get me wrong, I'd love for Tails to show up, but I personally prefer Arle. Also, if Arle ever made it to Smash, I'd love to see her design, pre-Fever as well. I don't hate the design, but her more realistic-proportions might fare better with other characters. Specifically, I'd LOVE for THIS design to be used:
It REALLY looks like it would a gorgeous 3D model if they wanted to use this. Only issue is that many who aren't familiar with her may instantly think she's a Fire Emblem character. Also, let just say that she's actually the ONLY 3rd party character I voted for. Also, what kind of comedy lines do you think she'd have as taunts, BTW? Not to mention, do you think it's a good idea on the OFFICIAL Smash Ballot to suggest Amitie and Ringo as alt. skins for her?
I do not know. She has so many that it is just a matter of playing through the games and choosing the one that stands out the most. If I remember right, she already had a good amount in the first game, but really stood out the most in the sequel. I think the third also had some good ones, but the fourth, the design you chose, took a more serious approach. So if you do go about using that one, she probably can not be comedic; since that game was pretty serious. But, that would look incredible in 3D.

I was thinking somewhere along the lines of simply using her original self before she grew up:

Was always my favorite version of her and the detail would be simple enough to work with the art style of Sm4sh. Your idea can be used as an alt, but I would rather she remain young this time around. We actually do not have very many young characters in Sm4sh and she would be pretty fitting of another rep in that genre.

I also have some ideas for a few alts of her own:
Original Arle (Madou Monogatari):
Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary:
Puyo Puyo 7:
Hip-Hop Arle from DA!
She seriously has too much potential not to appear. But, I hope they keep her Japanese voice because her English one is horrible.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I do not know. She has so many that it is just a matter of playing through the games and choosing the one that stands out the most. If I remember right, she already had a good amount in the first game, but really stood out the most in the sequel. I think the third also had some good ones, but the fourth, the design you chose, took a more serious approach. So if you do go about using that one, she probably can not be comedic; since that game was pretty serious. But, that would look incredible in 3D.

I was thinking somewhere along the lines of simply using her original self before she grew up:

Was always my favorite version of her and the detail would be simple enough to work with the art style of Sm4sh. Your idea can be used as an alt, but I would rather she remain young this time around. We actually do not have very many young characters in Sm4sh and she would be pretty fitting of another rep in that genre.

I also have some ideas for a few alts of her own:
Original Arle (Madou Monogatari):
Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary:
Puyo Puyo 7:
Hip-Hop Arle from DA!
She seriously has too much potential not to appear. But, I hope they keep her Japanese voice because her English one is horrible.
Wow! You have a lot of good ideas! TBH, I couldn't really decide on which should be her default design in Smash, either pre-Yon, (Your suggestion, 1991-1998) or Yon. (My suggestion, 1999) but your ideas for alts. are just splendid! Matter of fact, why don't we have Arle's evil clone, Doppelganger Arle join this little Arle costume party?

Also, forgive for sounding REAL nitpicky here, but rather than simply 20th Anniversary, I'd rather they go for Arle's "Puyo Tetris" look. (Which is, simply, 20th Anniversary with slightly longer hair, and Arle's about a foot or two taller.) Essentially this:
I know it's weird, the fact that there's not that big a difference, but I would prefer this over the 20th Anniversary look for some reason. I'm just weird like that, I guess. If they use Arle's young look, teenage look, or Fever look, (Which I think SEGA tried to have fall somewhere in between.) I'll take it, as long as she's playable

BTW, you definitely have a point. I'd LOVE to hear Arle's JP voice, and in the VERY slim chance they SOMEHOW manage to get her US voice back, I hope she sounds a bit more "Arle-like", if that makes a lick of sense to anyone...:ohwell: And before I forget to say this, you might be a bit happy to hear this, @Notshane, but Arle is currently one of four 3rd party characters (Geno, Banjo and Kazooie, and Jibanyan are the other 3) to be topping the 3rd party character choices for the Smash Ballot in Japan. Supposedly, the reason for this seems to be due to the fact that Nintendo themselves announced the Smash Ballot to be announced to any and all video game characters, giving Arle quite an edge.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Wow! You have a lot of good ideas! TBH, I couldn't really decide on which should be her default design in Smash, either pre-Yon, (Your suggestion, 1991-1998) or Yon. (My suggestion, 1999) but your ideas for alts. are just splendid! Matter of fact, why don't we have Arle's evil clone, Doppelganger Arle join this little Arle costume party?

Also, forgive for sounding REAL nitpicky here, but rather than simply 20th Anniversary, I'd rather they go for Arle's "Puyo Tetris" look. (Which is, simply, 20th Anniversary with slightly longer hair, and Arle's about a foot or two taller.) Essentially this:
I know it's weird, the fact that there's not that big a difference, but I would prefer this over the 20th Anniversary look for some reason. I'm just weird like that, I guess. If they use Arle's young look, teenage look, or Fever look, (Which I think SEGA tried to have fall somewhere in between.) I'll take it, as long as she's playable

BTW, you definitely have a point. I'd LOVE to hear Arle's JP voice, and in the VERY slim chance they SOMEHOW manage to get her US voice back, I hope she sounds a bit more "Arle-like", if that makes a lick of sense to anyone...:ohwell: And before I forget to say this, you might be a bit happy to hear this, @Notshane, but Arle is currently one of four 3rd party characters (Geno, Banjo and Kazooie, and Jibanyan are the other 3) to be topping the 3rd party character choices for the Smash Ballot in Japan. Supposedly, the reason for this seems to be due to the fact that Nintendo themselves announced the Smash Ballot to be announced to any and all video game characters, giving Arle quite an edge.
Dark Arle would be pretty interesting. I mean, we DO need eight costumes, so maybe we can throw in 20th Annviersary AND Tetris :b: to me, her first post-Fever design felt off in a lot of ways since it changed her eye color, among other colors. Then, her fifteenth anniversary design gave her classic look back. Lastly, twentieth anniversary just gave her costume the right kind of redesign that I felt it was more fitting than the other two.

I liked the longer hair myself, but I would much prefer the twentieth anniversary one if I had to pick myself. Just feels more like her. And, I think the longer hair represents that she is older than she was; being the first Puyo Puyo game to age her since Puyo Puyo~n. Which, being taken off official canon, basically reverted her back to her kid age so that she matched the other characters. But in Fever, you can honestly not tell at all :laugh:

Really?! The top four?! Given Shulk got in due to the demand there, and that Banjo & Kazooie is not really in Nintendo's hands anymore, Arle might very well have a chance. But, given nobody really gave the first official localization a positive enough reception to even have a permanent spot here in the west, I am not too faithful that she will make it in. But, they can CERTAINLY not say it is because she would have awkward gameplay. Because that is not true!

They can trace her back to the pre-Fever games, back to the pre-Puyo Puyo games, even! Madou Monogatari was still made after Puyo Puyo and even had a release on the Saturn that was considered one of the best RPG games on there. I should know, I own it and have played it! Though it was not cheap, let me tell you. The games certainly had enough story to continue them beyond the first three and it lasted a good decade and would have lasted further until Compile went bankrupt.

Honestly, I think Sakurai should just pull the trigger. That bullet is guaranteed to hit the bulls-eye because everyone loves innovative entries in the Smash series and Puyo Puyo fans outside Japan would obviously hop on the Arle train right away! I imagine the ones that became fans after Fever probably played past entries too and, for sure, found their way to Madou Monogatari. So, pretty much every fan of the series, alongside Smash players, would not dislike her appearance at all.

And, if that slim chance happens, I hope she has had more voice acting classes to sound less creepy :urg:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Dark Arle would be pretty interesting. I mean, we DO need eight costumes, so maybe we can throw in 20th Annviersary AND Tetris :b: to me, her first post-Fever design felt off in a lot of ways since it changed her eye color, among other colors. Then, her fifteenth anniversary design gave her classic look back. Lastly, twentieth anniversary just gave her costume the right kind of redesign that I felt it was more fitting than the other two.

I liked the longer hair myself, but I would much prefer the twentieth anniversary one if I had to pick myself. Just feels more like her. And, I think the longer hair represents that she is older than she was; being the first Puyo Puyo game to age her since Puyo Puyo~n. Which, being taken off official canon, basically reverted her back to her kid age so that she matched the other characters. But in Fever, you can honestly not tell at all :laugh:

Really?! The top four?! Given Shulk got in due to the demand there, and that Banjo & Kazooie is not really in Nintendo's hands anymore, Arle might very well have a chance. But, given nobody really gave the first official localization a positive enough reception to even have a permanent spot here in the west, I am not too faithful that she will make it in. But, they can CERTAINLY not say it is because she would have awkward gameplay. Because that is not true!

They can trace her back to the pre-Fever games, back to the pre-Puyo Puyo games, even! Madou Monogatari was still made after Puyo Puyo and even had a release on the Saturn that was considered one of the best RPG games on there. I should know, I own it and have played it! Though it was not cheap, let me tell you. The games certainly had enough story to continue them beyond the first three and it lasted a good decade and would have lasted further until Compile went bankrupt.

Honestly, I think Sakurai should just pull the trigger. That bullet is guaranteed to hit the bulls-eye because everyone loves innovative entries in the Smash series and Puyo Puyo fans outside Japan would obviously hop on the Arle train right away! I imagine the ones that became fans after Fever probably played past entries too and, for sure, found their way to Madou Monogatari. So, pretty much every fan of the series, alongside Smash players, would not dislike her appearance at all.

And, if that slim chance happens, I hope she has had more voice acting classes to sound less creepy :urg:
Yeah, have to agree. Not a big fan of the Fever redesign Arle got. Seemed WAY off. But at least they went back (somewhat) to her source material, so that was nice in and of itself. Still, the canon is a little hard for me to follow sometimes. If you could help me figure it out, I'd appreciate that.

Yep! Turns out that (at the moment, at least) Arle is one the most highly requested 3rd party characters in Japan. What's also interesting is that she's the most requested SEGA character. (At least, in Japan of course.) Also, you should see this: http://puyonexus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2867&sid=97308588cd75dbfc3127b28fc5b53027
Some people appear to have FINALLY gotten fed up with SEGA's treatment of Puyo Puyo worldwide, and I guess they're thinking of doing something about it.

BTW, you said that you have Madou Monogatari for the SEGA Saturn, am I correct? If that's the case, 4 things. 1) Did you understand what was going on in the game? If I remember correctly, the ENTIRE game was riddled with Japanese and 2) If you did understand what was going on, I take it that you can understand Japanese, can you not? 3) If you CAN read Japanese, can you please help me translate THIS: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=48992263 or at the very least, I'll take a summary of what's going on. and 4) If you CANNOT read or translate Japanese, do you know anyone who can?

EDIT: OMG! How could I forget to show you this?: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/22/japantopdlcpart1/
Essentially, it's the source that I came across that mentions outright that Arle Nadja, alongside B&K, Geno, and Jibanyan are the four 3rd party characters topping the charts in terms of 3rd party characters in general. I should tell you, SourceGaming (the website that found this data) are VERY reliable in terms of facts, so if they say this is happening, I'd take it as fact. (Unless they say otherwise.)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, have to agree. Not a big fan of the Fever redesign Arle got. Seemed WAY off. But at least they went back (somewhat) to her source material, so that was nice in and of itself. Still, the canon is a little hard for me to follow sometimes. If you could help me figure it out, I'd appreciate that.

Yep! Turns out that (at the moment, at least) Arle is one the most highly requested 3rd party characters in Japan. What's also interesting is that she's the most requested SEGA character. (At least, in Japan of course.) Also, you should see this: http://puyonexus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2867&sid=97308588cd75dbfc3127b28fc5b53027
Some people appear to have FINALLY gotten fed up with SEGA's treatment of Puyo Puyo worldwide, and I guess they're thinking of doing something about it.
*Notices FlareHabanero in the PuyoNexus Forums*

So THAT'S where he had been since the day he was permabanned. :troll:

Not surprised why the fans feel this way since this is the same company that puts the blue hedgehog on a pedestal above any other IP they had whether they used to be popular (Toejam & Earl, Streets of Rage, Alex Kidd, etc) or had cult followings (Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Space Channel 5, etc). Some of their heavy hitters either went downhill the more they've milked them (Super Monkey Ball, Outrun, etc) or kept region exclusive due to fear of poor Western sales (Puyo Puyo, Yakuza, etc), which isn't surprising since the company's profits had been sharply dropping during the last console generation. No matter why most of their IP's had been getting spiritual successors and sequels through freaking Kickstarter these days (Jet Set Radio/Hover, Shenmue III, Monster Boy/Wonder Boy, Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove).

I just wish for once that Sega would finally improve themselves instead of running into a suicide mission to ruin franchises and their own company. The fact that they've finally acknowledged this problem (even to the point of an apology to their fans) give me some hope that they would do better in terms of the marketing or making quality games. So this upcoming month is when they would showcase that new console game in the Tokyo Game Show and it could be that "make or break moment" to prove if they still have it in them or not. If this game turns out to be good or generate hype, then the company would have a better future ahead of themselves. If that game were t be something stupid like another edgy reboot of a classic game (Golden Axe Beast Rider), then chances are that they would be forever PC and mobile producers.

Sorry for the rant, it's just that I would like to show how displeased I am with the company just like every other fan.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Honestly, as far as I can tell, the canon is not meant to be taken seriously XD Puyo Puyo~n was the first to derive a serious tone to the series, but that was immediately taken away with Puyo Puyo Fever. So, whatever Compile had planned, that is gone now. So, the current story is mostly going back to the roots of the first three entries in simply bringing comedy to everything the characters say. Like with Sonic himself, I would have loved to see what the original creators would have done to Arle.

Yep! Turns out that (at the moment, at least) Arle is one the most highly requested 3rd party characters in Japan. What's also interesting is that she's the most requested SEGA character. (At least, in Japan of course.) Also, you should see this:
http://puyonexus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2867&sid=97308588cd75dbfc3127b28fc5b53027
Finally? I think ever since we got Puyo Puyo the first time, everyone thought it was very innovative, but SEGA did not think so. Same deal with most of the Saturn titles, as little to none were localized; even though most of them have cult followings now and are considered very good games these days.

BTW, you said that you have Madou Monogatari for the SEGA Saturn, am I correct? If that's the case, 4 things. 1) Did you understand what was going on in the game? If I remember correctly, the ENTIRE game was riddled with Japanese and 2) If you did understand what was going on, I take it that you can understand Japanese, can you not? 3) If you CAN read Japanese, can you please help me translate THIS: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=48992263 or at the very least, I'll take a summary of what's going on. and 4) If you CANNOT read or translate Japanese, do you know anyone who can?
1) I have not played it enough to really give you a deep insight on the story. So far, I am mostly fiddling around trying to figure out where to go at all. The townspeople sure are confusing sometimes.

2) Partially. I can read the first syllabary without error, but the other two I am still heavily working on. I know a handful of Japanese phrases, but nothing is concrete that I can make out a LOT of hard Japanese.

3) The title, from what I can make out, is "People Who Hobnob Together." And the rest is just Arle rambling on about some teachings, sightings and pissing off Schezo (think that is him) throughout it all, though I do not really have much time to do translations right now. Even if I did, I can not promise it would be accurate at all. Most of this is in Kanji, which I struggle with a lot. But, if nobody has done so in the future, I could brush up more on my skills and do it :) though do not expect it to have even a hint of professionalism. It would just be simple enough to grasp the concept at best.

4) I do not have many friends that are very lingual in both English and Japanese, so I would have to say no to that. Most of them are not even all that interested in Japan.

OMG! How could I forget to show you this?: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/22/japantopdlcpart1/
Essentially, it's the source that I came across that mentions outright that Arle Nadja, alongside B&K, Geno, and Jibanyan are the four 3rd party characters topping the charts in terms of 3rd party characters in general. I should tell you, SourceGaming (the website that found this data) are VERY reliable in terms of facts, so if they say this is happening, I'd take it as fact. (Unless they say otherwise.)
Yes, at this rate, I can see Arle having a chance. Worst-case scenario, she is Japanese exclusive, I have both versions of the game so I can live with that! Just as long as she appears at all. I mean, beggars can not be choosers after all. Given that Arle is still only mildly popular here, would make sense to give her exclusivity in Japan so that she at least shows up in the game at all. Remember: Marth and Roy were both going to be exclusive in the Japanese version of Melee, so this idea is not impossible.

Of course, not that I WANT this. But, if this gets Arle in the game for sure, I would not be upset.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
*Notices FlareHabanero in the PuyoNexus Forums*

So THAT'S where he had been since the day he was permabanned. :troll:

Not surprised why the fans feel this way since this is the same company that puts the blue hedgehog on a pedestal above any other IP they had whether they used to be popular (Toejam & Earl, Streets of Rage, Alex Kidd, etc) or had cult followings (Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Space Channel 5, etc). Some of their heavy hitters either went downhill the more they've milked them (Super Monkey Ball, Outrun, etc) or kept region exclusive due to fear of poor Western sales (Puyo Puyo, Yakuza, etc), which isn't surprising since the company's profits had been sharply dropping during the last console generation. No matter why most of their IP's had been getting spiritual successors and sequels through freaking Kickstarter these days (Jet Set Radio/Hover, Shenmue III, Monster Boy/Wonder Boy, Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove).

I just wish for once that Sega would finally improve themselves instead of running into a suicide mission to ruin franchises and their own company. The fact that they've finally acknowledged this problem (even to the point of an apology to their fans) give me some hope that they would do better in terms of the marketing or making quality games. So this upcoming month is when they would showcase that new console game in the Tokyo Game Show and it could be that "make or break moment" to prove if they still have it in them or not. If this game turns out to be good or generate hype, then the company would have a better future ahead of themselves. If that game were t be something stupid like another edgy reboot of a classic game (Golden Axe Beast Rider), then chances are that they would be forever PC and mobile producers.

Sorry for the rant, it's just that I would like to show how displeased I am with the company just like every other fan.
Oh, GOD, Let's hope so...:ohwell:

Honestly, as far as I can tell, the canon is not meant to be taken seriously XD Puyo Puyo~n was the first to derive a serious tone to the series, but that was immediately taken away with Puyo Puyo Fever. So, whatever Compile had planned, that is gone now. So, the current story is mostly going back to the roots of the first three entries in simply bringing comedy to everything the characters say. Like with Sonic himself, I would have loved to see what the original creators would have done to Arle.

Finally? I think ever since we got Puyo Puyo the first time, everyone thought it was very innovative, but SEGA did not think so. Same deal with most of the Saturn titles, as little to none were localized; even though most of them have cult followings now and are considered very good games these days.

1) I have not played it enough to really give you a deep insight on the story. So far, I am mostly fiddling around trying to figure out where to go at all. The townspeople sure are confusing sometimes.

2) Partially. I can read the first syllabary without error, but the other two I am still heavily working on. I know a handful of Japanese phrases, but nothing is concrete that I can make out a LOT of hard Japanese.

3) The title, from what I can make out, is "People Who Hobnob Together." And the rest is just Arle rambling on about some teachings, sightings and pissing off Schezo (think that is him) throughout it all, though I do not really have much time to do translations right now. Even if I did, I can not promise it would be accurate at all. Most of this is in Kanji, which I struggle with a lot. But, if nobody has done so in the future, I could brush up more on my skills and do it :) though do not expect it to have even a hint of professionalism. It would just be simple enough to grasp the concept at best.

4) I do not have many friends that are very lingual in both English and Japanese, so I would have to say no to that. Most of them are not even all that interested in Japan.

Yes, at this rate, I can see Arle having a chance. Worst-case scenario, she is Japanese exclusive, I have both versions of the game so I can live with that! Just as long as she appears at all. I mean, beggars can not be choosers after all. Given that Arle is still only mildly popular here, would make sense to give her exclusivity in Japan so that she at least shows up in the game at all. Remember: Marth and Roy were both going to be exclusive in the Japanese version of Melee, so this idea is not impossible.

Of course, not that I WANT this. But, if this gets Arle in the game for sure, I would not be upset.
Well, I do LOVE comedy.:awesome: Not to mention that in Japan, essentially in terms of humor, Puyo Puyo is to Japan, what Sonic's becoming (Again, all in terms of humor) to the U.S. as of Sonic Colors. Still, I've wondered...what the HECK was up with the final battle in Puyo Puyo~n? Seriously, just WHY did D. Arle do everything she did just to finally face off with Arle at the end? Again, ANOTHER Japanese I need help with understanding.:lol: Oh, well.

And I suppose Puyo Puyo IS becoming quite the cult-favorite these days. That much can't exactly be denied.:)

BTW, from what I've been able to gather (From looking at the panels alone, mind you) All I've gathered so far is that Puyo (courtesy of Satan) are raining all over the Primp Woodlands and Arle decides to stop the flooding of them from reaching the city. I can't exactly tell, but it appears as if Arle had to force Schezo (BTW, that character you weren't sure about IS Schezo.) to help her. Eventually, they appear to be greatly overwhelmed and later on Arle nearly gets buried alive by an onslaught of Puyo, prompting Schzeo to come to her rescue. They both almost seem to end up drowning in a sea of Puyo, but Rulue shows up and bails them both out. I can't exactly make out what happens afterwards, but Rulue appears to bring the two to Witch so she can heal them, and from there, I need some help. Hey, like I said, I'll take a summary if that's the best you can do.

Well, I guess you're right. Honestly, on my last post, I forgot to mention Marth and Roy's "special case" of almost being exclusive to the Japanese version of Melee. Although, I personally get the strong feeling that if Arle were to be added to Smash, it seems to feel MUCH more likely for her. But like you said, beggars can't be choosers. Hey, maybe if people over here see Arle in Smash, they might make enough of a ruckus to bring her to the Western version of Smash 4. If I remember correctly this is exactly what got Marth and Roy to no longer simply be Japan-exclusive characters in Melee, and brought them to the game worldwide. Heck, that in itself resulted in the Fire Emblem series being released EVERYWHERE starting in 2003, for all games following the 6th one. Who's to say Puyo Puyo can't get the same treatment and become a "Smash" hit?:awesome:

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Well, I do LOVE comedy.:awesome: Not to mention that in Japan, essentially in terms of humor, Puyo Puyo is to Japan, what Sonic's becoming (Again, all in terms of humor) to the U.S. as of Sonic Colors. Still, I've wondered...what the HECK was up with the final battle in Puyo Puyo~n? Seriously, just WHY did D. Arle do everything she did just to finally face off with Arle at the end? Again, ANOTHER Japanese I need help with understanding.:lol: Oh, well.
Yeah, it is all pretty weird :crazy: at least, to someone born outside of Japan.

And I suppose Puyo Puyo IS becoming quite the cult-favorite these days. That much can't exactly be denied.:)
Oh, yeah, everyone loves that game these days. It is not called the second most popular Tetris clone for NOTHING ya know ;)

BTW, from what I've been able to gather (From looking at the panels alone, mind you) All I've gathered so far is that Puyo (courtesy of Satan) are raining all over the Primp Woodlands and Arle decides to stop the flooding of them from reaching the city. I can't exactly tell, but it appears as if Arle had to force Schezo (BTW, that character you weren't sure about IS Schezo.) to help her. Eventually, they appear to be greatly overwhelmed and later on Arle nearly gets buried alive by an onslaught of Puyo, prompting Schzeo to come to her rescue. They both almost seem to end up drowning in a sea of Puyo, but Rulue shows up and bails them both out. I can't exactly make out what happens afterwards, but Rulue appears to bring the two to Witch so she can heal them, and from there, I need some help. Hey, like I said, I'll take a summary if that's the best you can do.
Yeah, it would seem that way. There are also some pretty funny references, though I would not be able to get most of them since they reference Japanese stuff.

Well, I guess you're right. Honestly, on my last post, I forgot to mention Marth and Roy's "special case" of almost being exclusive to the Japanese version of Melee. Although, I personally get the strong feeling that if Arle were to be added to Smash, it seems to feel MUCH more likely for her. But like you said, beggars can't be choosers. Hey, maybe if people over here see Arle in Smash, they might make enough of a ruckus to bring her to the Western version of Smash 4. If I remember correctly this is exactly what got Marth and Roy to no longer simply be Japan-exclusive characters in Melee, and brought them to the game worldwide. Heck, that in itself resulted in the Fire Emblem series being released EVERYWHERE starting in 2003, for all games following the 6th one. Who's to say Puyo Puyo can't get the same treatment and become a "Smash" hit?:awesome:
I think all it would do is increase the game's popularity even more! Best-case scenario is that we do have it localized, but with different characters. I know a few localized franchises that were only localized for gameplay reasons. The story was butchered pretty heavily since it had new characters, though. Only rarely does the new story have positive feedback. That is because, well, they TRIED to make an actual story; simple as that. Most usually just focus on the game itself.

As of now, all we can do is hope. With less than a month now until the ballot results are in, we will either get a DLC update this month or have to wait until the next. I imagine that if Shulk got in due to Japan demand alone (do not think Xenoblade Chronicles was a HUGE enough hit here for a significant lot to vote for Shulk), Arle definitely could be the same. Hell, Marth, Roy AND Shulk are proof that the Japanese demand would allow for more exclusives they have to become characters.

I do not doubt it for a second that Arle might very well appear in some way. Either the Puyos are an assist trophy or Arle is playable. One or two are bound to happen, though maybe not the first since I do not think they would actually add an assist trophy character. Who knows, she might even get her own stage; complete with a remix of Theme of Puyo Puyo. Or, they just use the one from Fifteenth Anniversary onward.

If she does get her own stage, I would love for a remix of Sticker of Puyo Puyo to be an optional track. It is probably my favorite track out of all the games as it represents perfectly how hard the last four guys before Satan truly are. It is a very rare case where the next music track is actually better than the prior one you hear.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah, it is all pretty weird :crazy: at least, to someone born outside of Japan.

Oh, yeah, everyone loves that game these days. It is not called the second most popular Tetris clone for NOTHING ya know ;)

Yeah, it would seem that way. There are also some pretty funny references, though I would not be able to get most of them since they reference Japanese stuff.

I think all it would do is increase the game's popularity even more! Best-case scenario is that we do have it localized, but with different characters. I know a few localized franchises that were only localized for gameplay reasons. The story was butchered pretty heavily since it had new characters, though. Only rarely does the new story have positive feedback. That is because, well, they TRIED to make an actual story; simple as that. Most usually just focus on the game itself.

As of now, all we can do is hope. With less than a month now until the ballot results are in, we will either get a DLC update this month or have to wait until the next. I imagine that if Shulk got in due to Japan demand alone (do not think Xenoblade Chronicles was a HUGE enough hit here for a significant lot to vote for Shulk), Arle definitely could be the same. Hell, Marth, Roy AND Shulk are proof that the Japanese demand would allow for more exclusives they have to become characters.

I do not doubt it for a second that Arle might very well appear in some way. Either the Puyos are an assist trophy or Arle is playable. One or two are bound to happen, though maybe not the first since I do not think they would actually add an assist trophy character. Who knows, she might even get her own stage; complete with a remix of Theme of Puyo Puyo. Or, they just use the one from Fifteenth Anniversary onward.

If she does get her own stage, I would love for a remix of Sticker of Puyo Puyo to be an optional track. It is probably my favorite track out of all the games as it represents perfectly how hard the last four guys before Satan truly are. It is a very rare case where the next music track is actually better than the prior one you hear.

Listen, I have to get some rest now. We'll continue this conversation later, huh? I'll leave with this much: As you yourself said: If Marth, Roy, and Shulk could do it, Arle isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Listen, I have to get some rest now. We'll continue this conversation later, huh? I'll leave with this much: As you yourself said: If Marth, Roy, and Shulk could do it, Arle isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Of course, given Shulk was localized beforehand, that might have helped a little. But, still, his demand was solely Japan at the very most. All fingers crossed that Arle does get a shot. And thank goodness that she is in such a high position! Really opens up the door for her.

And, alright then.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Of course, given Shulk was localized beforehand, that might have helped a little. But, still, his demand was solely Japan at the very most. All fingers crossed that Arle does get a shot. And thank goodness that she is in such a high position! Really opens up the door for her.

And, alright then.
I'm back. BTW, I forgot to mention, in the event that Arle makes it to Smash, I personally had some ideas in terms of music for a home stage. Basically, aside from Arle's theme, Amitie's theme, and Ringo's theme, these songs are ones I would hope for, but don't expect to see:
"Sonic - You Can Do Anything" - JP/PAL theme to Sonic CD (since this song was planned for Brawl, and was left out, Puyo Puyo might be another fit. Also, I just REALLY want to hear this song in a Smash game.:grin:

"Sonic Boom" - No:facepalm:, not the glitchiest Sonic game since Sonic '06:facepalm:, which currently has an admittedly decent tie-in animated series. I'm talking about the US theme to Sonic CD. Not going to lie, a little surprised this song didn't return to Smash 4 or at least the 3DS version.

The rest I don't think I can go into detail about at the moment, so I'll just say: The main themes (or at least one song) of the following SEGA games: Super Monkey Ball, Samba de Amigo, Shenmue, Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, Space Channel 5, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Chu Chu Rocket!!, NiGHTS into Dreams, and Alex Kidd and/or Fantasy Zone. Maybe something from Virtua Fighter and/or Fighting Vipers, if they want to go that far.

Top Bottom