• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video critique.

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping I could get some critique on my Icies, I've been getting back to playing them after playing Puff alot and I want to improve them.

I have only 1 rusty game to show right now

I go icies around 9:25, was still rusty and I'm gonna try to get more videos going.
Note that this is netplay so theres a couple of ms worth of reaction time lag.

Binx

Smash Master
There are many many times where you had an opportunity to get a killing grab and instead went for a non guaranteed or weak smash.

Vs sheik you can dthrow chain grab even with just popo if you follow DI to about 50%. When they are at 100% and you can get a grab just jab then charge a smash with nana and then dthrow or upthrow into that smash for easy guaranteed KOs. You iceblock in ineffective and unsafe ways, in general you only want to do it to force them to recover at odd angles or to force them to approach, however sheik can approach ice blocks very safely anyways so its not a very useful move vs her.

As far as using it to force awkward recoveries they need to be very far off and you generally would desync and have nana iceblock so you can get the smash edgeguard or the ledge hog. Against Sheik though you dont need to do this because her recovery is so easy to read, just wait the proper amount of time, grab the ledge then time a regular stand up off the edge(by tiling towards the stage) and forward smash her off if she tried to recover high to fall back down to the ledge or grab her and do a reverse forward smash to send her back off the stage. (By grabbing charging a forward smash with nana and doing an up throw to reverse the direction).

Other than that you have a bunch of common problems associated with being newer at the game, asside from playing tons and tons of games or practicing regularly vs computers there really arent good ways to improve your general fluidity in my opinion. So keep practicing and have as much fun as you can.

GL in future matches,

Binx

Top Bottom