• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Cup

Smash Rookie
Just a few quick shout outs but mainly to two people in particular.

TO's - Obviously, these last few tourney's have been really great, good job!

Jord - That Falcon vs Link set on PM was the best I've seen you play Smash, for someone who doesn't practice and to play like that, it was unreal.

PCG - It was funny how we were playing friendlies most of the time before melee actually started and then ended up in the same pool. Really enjoyed our set, first game was really close but you absolutely dominated me in the 2nd. Don't worry i'll get you back some other time. You play really closely to Moxie's Fox with the whole bait and punish routine so maybe that's why I kinda did alright but your tech and mind games overwhelmed me in the end.

Dekar - I know I sorta got worried about the pool change you made but looking back I'm actually glad it happened haha. I got to play you 1 v 1 for once instead of teams. The match went as I expected it to but I have no problems with playing people who are better than me, in fact it's actually great fun. I learned a lot about where I stand in terms of skill and I hope I get the chance again to keep playing against some more top Melbourne players.

If it's worth mentioning that whole set up with pools was actually great, while some people might be discouraged about not making it out, you still get to have quite a few matches against people of different skill levels.

on a side note, I'm probably gonna be a bit late to the next event but should definitely be there in time for Melee singles (hopefully PM singles too, need to redeem myself)

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Just a few quick shout outs but mainly to two people in particular.

TO's - Obviously, these last few tourney's have been really great, good job!

Jord - That Falcon vs Link set on PM was the best I've seen you play Smash, for someone who doesn't practice and to play like that, it was unreal.

PCG - It was funny how we were playing friendlies most of the time before melee actually started and then ended up in the same pool. Really enjoyed our set, first game was really close but you absolutely dominated me in the 2nd. Don't worry i'll get you back some other time. You play really closely to Moxie's Fox with the whole bait and punish routine so maybe that's why I kinda did alright but your tech and mind games overwhelmed me in the end.

Dekar - I know I sorta got worried about the pool change you made but looking back I'm actually glad it happened haha. I got to play you 1 v 1 for once instead of teams. The match went as I expected it to but I have no problems with playing people who are better than me, in fact it's actually great fun. I learned a lot about where I stand in terms of skill and I hope I get the chance again to keep playing against some more top Melbourne players.

If it's worth mentioning that whole set up with pools was actually great, while some people might be discouraged about not making it out, you still get to have quite a few matches against people of different skill levels.

on a side note, I'm probably gonna be a bit late to the next event but should definitely be there in time for Melee singles (hopefully PM singles too, need to redeem myself)
Our pool was pretty fun, a bunch of competitive matches. Would've been less fun being in a less even pool.
I enjoy playing your falco. Your movement is slick, just gotta get more creative, definitely caught you out doing obvious approaches enough times to carry me. But also, NEVA 4GET THE 4STOCK.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I hope I get the chance again to keep playing against some more top Melbourne players.
pls ask me for friendlies at the next event, I love playing space animals always because I get to go combo video and it makes me feel good.

Splice

Smash Hero
pls ask me for friendlies at the next event, I love playing space animals always because I get to go combo video and it makes me feel good.
hey man I'm keen for friendlies anytime, lets get around it next tournament

Last edited:

Cup

Smash Rookie
NEVA 4GET THE 4STOCK.
That was legit hype, I felt so dirty after that, get out of my head pls. haha

Honestly I get terrified of taking TO's away from their duties and I don't want no trouble with the bossmen but as you wish I will approach you for some friendlies so that I may be sandbagged.

hey man I'm keen for friendlies anytime, lets get around it next tournament
I always seem to lose you at a tournament Splice, you go all invisible and stuff, I'd love to see how your Falco skills work on closer inspection.

Next tournament, I'll secure a TV when there is less traffic for tourney matches and we pump out some friendlies.

Last edited:

FMSKenny

Smash Rookie
My highest placing ever in anything smash, fuark how did that happen.

Jason: Holy **** man I'm so sorry I duno how I won I was shaking so bad after that last game fk
Holy mc**** omfg that game omfg I am still pissing salt and it's so....

Nah good games, no experience with that kind of technique, you exploited my lack of projectile hardcore. I thought I had you figured in game 2 after shield breaker started doing work, but you got past it. Ultimate regret is not letting that last game time though ;P

Keen to play you again.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
I signed up a bit late for RMIT tourney, like literally morning after the CW, thought I was okay since I stated first preference for P:M, but it looks like I got that #17 in P:M. fml

So, has the TOs decided on the format that's going to be used on the Sunday tourney?

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Holy mc**** omfg that game omfg I am still pissing salt and it's so....

Nah good games, no experience with that kind of technique, you exploited my lack of projectile hardcore. I thought I had you figured in game 2 after shield breaker started doing work, but you got past it. Ultimate regret is not letting that last game time though ;P

Keen to play you again.
Just noticed something...

FMSKenny > 1&%
DD_ > FMSKenny
1&% > DD_

Everyone was sorta salty after losing
wait...

The Ultimate Salt Triangle???

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Were you there with us when he lost? Want him to confirm NaCl levels?
I recall being calm and composed, turning politely to you and saying "Good games to you sir" before tipping my fedora and happily strolling away

The only thing salting me was the fact that you didn't get to compete in the bracket, was very sad news indeed :'(

Also I'm not keen on the M4M vibe I'm getting from this triangle

Dekar289

Smash Hero
shoutouts to lucky for going for the utmost on almost every single stock, regardless of stock count or game count.
aaand shoutouts to sam for playing solid!

shadowloo showdown:
pools for melee should be up tomorrow night. PM also tomorrow night, perhaps tuesday night.

Last edited:

Noxus

Smash Cadet
shoutouts to lucky for going for the utmost on almost every single stock, regardless of stock count or game count.
aaand shoutouts to sam for playing solid!

shadowloo showdown:
pools for melee should be up tomorrow night. PM also tomorrow night, perhaps tuesday night.
Great tournie Dread, had a blast! I think Lucky has a some new fanboys after going for everything

Splice

Smash Hero
eyy yoo good hustle everyone!

Well played Tom, solid improvements. At least it's good to lose to someone who's actually trying to get better at the game.
Well played Dean. Made a decent crack at Attila too.
Good stuff blokes

Nice to meet ya joey! Thanks for the few friendlies and enjoyable tournament set, I'll see ya on Wednesday :)

edit: *omitted for clarity*

Last edited:

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
First off, a huge thank you to everyone that turned up old and new, I'm really happy with how the tournament ran and hope you all had a good time.

The melee bracket was absolutely STACKED, so many upsets happened in pm and melee

Expect to see re-dreadtech early next year.

Results for the day

Melee Doubles

http://imgur.com/7nLPZVd

1: The Dockers (Redact + Lucky)
2: Your Mother (SD + Dekar)
3: Shining Bright (Splice and Tak)
4: Skeletom + Forte (Skeletom + Forte)
5: Matt and Hughie (Matt and Hughie)
5: **** (Jamwa and dreadtech)
7: Napalm man (Hyes and 1amp)
7: Jkts + Thor (Jkts + Thor)
9: Salty Kinsmen (Tomo + DD)
9: team GFY (Sadistic and Hobs)
9: Yerfdog and Flukey (Yerfdog and Flukey)
9: Fudge + Dylan (Fudge and Dylan)
13: Peter and Karthik (Peter and Karthik)
13: Captain Potalet (Shuvl and Dean)
13: Boris and K (Boris and K)
13: Pests of Illegal Dirtiness (Dom and Baileeh)

PM Singles

http://imgur.com/5MiG8O2

1: Lucky
2: SD
3: Dekar
4: Redact
5: Matt G
5: Jamwa
7: Moxie
7: Tak
9: Chris
9: Dreadtech
9: 1amp
9: Max
13: Forte
13: milton
13: Jkts
13: Tyler
17: Hughie
17: Hobs
17: Bryan
17: Joey
17: Tomo009
17: Slamdunk
17: Timic
17: DD
25: Hyes
25: Baileeh
25: Codie
25: Flukey
25: Dylan
25: Sadistic
25: Jesse
25: Jord
33: Karthik
33: Dom Hynes
33: Nanohologuise
33: Yerfdog
33: K
33: David Adam
33: Fudge
33: Peter
33: Shuvl
33: Jack
33: Jams
33: Boris
33: Cup
33: Yojimbo

Melee Singles

http://imgur.com/fPVTiPx

1: Lucky
2: SD
3: Dekar
4: Skeletom
5: Splice
5: Tak
7: Atilla
7: Redact
9: Max
9: Forte
9: Joey
9: Matt G
13: Codie
13: Tibs
13: Miles
13: Moxie
17: Jack
17: Hyes
17: David Adam
17: Jesse
17: Timic
17: Hughie
17: DD
17: Jkts
25: PCG
25: Hobs
25: Jord
25: milton
25: Baileeh
25: Sadistic
25: Cup
25: Yerfdog
33: Dom Hynes
33: Boris
33: Fudge
33: Tomo009
33: Juci
33: 1amp
33: Shuvl
33: Yojimbo
33: Dylan
33: Bryan
33: K
33: dean
33: Jams
33: Dreadtech
33: Nanohologuise
33: Flukey
49: Chris

Brawl Singles

http://imgur.com/NRa6uZy

1: Atilla
2: dean
3: Tibs
4: Splice
5: Hughie
5: Lucky
7: Dylan

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Great features such as Lucky ripping through all of VIC coming your way!
Lots of good sets recorded

Last edited:

MizzityMarth

Smash Rookie
What the ****, I got thirteenth? Wasn't expecting that... Thanks for a great tournament you guys, made me feel really at home. Expect to see me at more stuff from now on.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Thanks Dreadtech for the awesome tournament that I nearly raged out of because I couldn't get a park!
Had good games with everyone today, had to work hard from the beginning in both games!
SD, Tom and Tak playing soooo smooth today.
And Lucky's games were so entertaining we couldn't even keep attention on our own tournament matches!
Looking forward to a long week of Melee practice, solid Thursday night meet and SS all weekend!!!
I'm so keen
Like holy ****
sokeen

I'll re-stream everything that was recorded tomorrow afternoon, and everything will be on Youtube shortly after that.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
all recorded sets will be uploaded to melbourne melee channel on yt soon
This is great if it gets uploaded before SS.
I'll re-stream everything that was recorded tomorrow afternoon, and everything will be on Youtube shortly after that.
Wow okay didn't expect it that quick!

Btw Great tournament Dreadtech, and I have a lot of respect for Lucky after playing a bit/ talking to him, he's super chill. I'm so glad you Aussies chose to sponsor him, super entertaining to watch as well.

And also we you gotta respect those masonic reptile security guards or else...

NanoHologuise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3110-6094-3408
Yay, no cold hand johns!
Firstly, I think I've got about 2 doubles games recorded, then some idiot took pcg's tv for the stream and left me tv-less. :(
Shoutouts to:
The guy who used a Wii Classic controller, shuvl for those turbo mode no team attack giga bowser challenges xD
Attila, cup, forte, yojimbo for the many friendlies we played
Cup, thanks for the advice about weegee's approaches and resisting the urge to dsmash
Shuvl for getting floored by me first time playing half the p:m cast
Dreadtech for the great TOing
And that is all, prepare to get rekt at shadowloo as I get 205 misfires in a row.
Edit: damn autocorrect

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
First and foremost thanks to our Illumunati overlords (Freemasons) for the venue and establishing all pillars of society.

@ dreadtech dreadtech awesome job dude, you killed it. Excellent, smoothly run tournament, just a fantastic effort all round, really appreciate it and so glad I was able to make it. And thanks for boosting the pot lollzz made bank.

I feel Sunday was just about the best smash I've ever played overall, in terms of focus and mindset if not gameplay, so feeling good ahead of SS.

Lucky - Awesome, chill guy, lots of fun hanging over the weekend. When the fox goes turbo I have no answers, but I was happy to take you to game 5 in both our sets (even if WF was mainly alts). PM was tense too (cept game 5 after reset my butt still hurts), but again wouldn't have been as close if you just Foxed me all day. 2g beast, also GG just going for everything in every match so much style.

Forte - You had me worried dude, straight up rekt my Falco GGs.

Dekar - GGs as usual, funnily enough I feel Fox may be your best character at the moment. Thanks for teaming.

- Max/Joey - Awesome job taking charge of recording and commentary, this is coming along really nicely and it's a great look for our scene.

- Moxie/Cup - You guys are getting good fast. Keep it up. Also wtf sonic.

- Milton - Sorry for JV5ing your Pichu, but like, you picked Pichu.

- Redact - Thanks for hosting I love your house and food etc, even Princess growing on me.

- Splice - Still coming along like a boss, keep it up.

Golf crew - get rekt scrubs. Owe you all a beer for being late as ****.

Footy crew - FOOOOTYYY

SEE YOU AT SS *******

Last edited:

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
Had a mad time at the tourney, well run dread!
Was great meeting lucky, real chill dude.

Shoutouts to:
billy for the latest installment. of our super-salty smash.
dekar for rekking me with my own character after I exposed his marth.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Got 4 stocked by mcdonalds Lucky spiked my food dirty american tactics

GW Dreadtech though for the awesome illuminati tribute to our overlords. I wish I was well enough to stay around for the rest of it.

Last edited:

Cup

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to Dreadtech for doing a great job with the Tournament!

SD - Good to see you up and about and thanks for the few friendlies/pointers. Also great job in that last set against Lucky, played awesome dude.

Redact - Thanks for the pro tips about Falco, I didn't really get to thank you properly because I ran off to do some commentary in a hurry, hopefully I can manage to pick your brain a bit on Friday night once most of the setting up is done for SSV, of course if you don't mind.

Dreadtech - I know I already mentioned you but all I'll say is "phantom" hahahaha but all the same GG's dude.

Cup, thanks for the advice about weegee's approaches and resisting the urge to dsmash
I hope I didn't confuse you though. I didn't mean that you shouldn't do it at all, it was just that you were throwing it out when I was literally no where near you and somehow expecting me to get hit. But I am certainly not one to consult about how to approach with Luigi soooooooooo just take it as a general observation haha.

Hardpelicn/Max (I don't know which you prefer) - You get a mention because you lug around all that equipment for recording, mad props to you for that.

Lucky - Just for being an awesome bloke and being approachable. Also for exposing my P:M falcon and crushing my dreams of ever becoming a falcon main.

th0r

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to JKTS for putting up with my scrubby self in teams and Splice for 4-stocking me a whole bunch and telling me how to suck less.

Edit: wtf no swears?

Last edited:

NanoHologuise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3110-6094-3408
I hope I didn't confuse you though. I didn't mean that you shouldn't do it at all, it was just that you were throwing it out when I was literally no where near you and somehow expecting me to get hit. But I am certainly not one to consult about how to approach with Luigi soooooooooo just take it as a general observation haha.
Shhh take it as a compliment xD
I did start using different different approach moves and stopped throwing out random dsmashes (maybe I expected to slide further after I wavedashed...? idk) after you pointed it out, so thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom