• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] - Miles' Warehouse - January 4-5, 2014 - OP Updated

Dekar289

Smash Hero

WHO?

Head Tournament Organiser: Miles 'TAF' Dobney

HOUSING?
Contact Miles Here

Facebook event click here!

Flights from Adelaide and Sydney currently $40-$50 each way!
Flights from Brisbane currently $60 each way!
Book ASAP!

WHAT?
A huge smash tournament, taking place over two days with an emphasis on friendlies, chilling and reuniting smashers old and new!
There will be tournaments for SSB64, SSBM, and SSBB! (and perhaps more, project m etc)

WHERE?
13 Faraday street Melbourne Victoria

WHEN?
January 4-5, 2014

TVs/Consoles?
Please bring a TV and/or a Gamecube/Wii if you can!
If you can bring TVs on friday, that'd be even better! Contact myself or Miles for details on Friday setup.

SCHEDULE?
SATURDAY
- 12:00pm: Melee/Brawl Pools
- 02:30pm: Melee/Brawl Teams
- 05:00pm: SSB64 Singles, Project M Singles
- 08:00pm: Crews/Hype/Money Matches

SUNDAY
- 12:00pm: Amateur Brackets
- 02:30pm: Melee/Brawl Singles to top 4
- 05:00pm: Finals

ENTIRE WEEKEND
- Friendlies!
- Pokemon X/Y? Mario Party? Streetpass?

Schedule is subject to change.

COST?
Venue Fee of $10 per day
All events $5 entry
For singles, the pot is split 60%/30%/10% for 1st/2nd/3rd place.
For teams, the pot is split 70%/30% for 1st/2nd place.

RULES?
- Bring your own controller!
For detailed rules regarding the specific smash games, check this thread
- Wobbling IS banned!

I'M NEW TO SMASH TOURNAMENTS?
The main thing to remember is that smash tournaments are Double Elimination. That means if you lose a match you are still in the tournament. You then go into the "losers bracket" and play other people who have also lost a match. Eventually the winner of the losers bracket plays the winner of the winners bracket in the grand finals. This means a player can win the tournament even if the lose their first match! Example bracket: http://bbh.marpirc.net/k5/bracket3.gif (Winners bracket is the right side, Losers Bracket in the left side)

Regular attendees are always happy to help you out with the rules of the tournament and share advice on characters, strategies and matchups. Demand friendlies with people!

NOTABLE CONFIRMED ATTENDEES:
Earl
Harry Ponting

CLICK HERE FOR A VIDEO PREVIEW OF THE EVENT

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
I am so ****ing keen to come
Dekar where did you find $40 flights?
Closest I can get is $60
tiger ofc
The cheapest and best way to get domestic flights in Australia is to check Tiger's prices, and then get Jetstar to pricematch (they give a 10% discount on Tiger's price too).
looks like tigers prices went up since yesterday.... though jetstar have $50 flights each way adelaide to melbourne! :)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
who wants to money match me

either game
I use Puff in Brawl (but would also possibly accept MMs vs. my MK, G&W and ROB)
I use any top tier in Melee but I won't do some jank-ass ****ty MUs that involve too many floaties cause they're ****

Splice

Smash Hero
@Mason
Mewtwo vs. C.Falcon $5
Falco vs. Fox $5
Falco vs. C. Falcon $5
Falco vs. Jiggs $5
Falco vs Peach $5
Peach vs Fox $5

I'm left you're right. Accept as you wish.
Let me know if you need housing bud.

Shakyy

Addicted to Ice.
NNID
Shakyy
I will be attending this and will be my first interstate, looking forward to meeting all of you.
Should be a good experience.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
@Mason
Mewtwo vs. C.Falcon $5
Falco vs. Fox $5
Falco vs. C. Falcon $5
Falco vs. Jiggs $5
Falco vs Peach $5
Peach vs Fox $5

I'm left you're right. Accept as you wish.
Let me know if you need housing bud.
I do need housing. <3

I'll do
Mewtwo vs. C. Falcon
Falco vs. C. Falcon
Falco vs. Peach
for sure

Falco vs. Fox
Peach vs. Fox
these depend on my controller quality, as I cannot short hop with Fox currently lol

Falco vs. Jiggs
Nah I don't like puff in melee

Sieg

Smash Champion
Wouldn't mind coming down to see people. Plus a holiday would be nice in Melbourne. I'll think about it.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
NOOOOOOO! Why does there have to be a Smash 64 tournament when I am not there. I'll still be on holiday. If it was after the 15th of January, I would have been THRILLED. I really wanted to verse guys in 64 and this is probably the first 64 tourney in ages. Why is it always me that misses the good things. Why does this have to happen to me WHY, WHY, WHY. By the way Dekar, what are the rules for 64? It's not in the link.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
haha bad luck surprise :(
enjoy your holiday though!

who the hell is miles?
here's a facebook quote: "Haven't played smash with anyone from here since couch warriors of last year but recently I've started playing again with a group of mates and I'd love a chance to meet everyone and see some great matches."

By the way Dekar, what are the rules for 64? It's not in the link.
The SSB64 ruleset is yet to be determined, but I'm sure there's some standard ruleset that the 64 gang will relay to us in the near future.

Hughie

Smash Lad
Greatest Smash tourney of all time; breaking attendance records including EVO

Calling it now

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
As long as there is going to be more 64 tournaments in the future at events such as BAM I'll be happy. Thanks by the way Dekar. I'll enjoy my holiday as much as I can. I'll try and make a Smash community in India or find one. They probably might be as good as you think. Might even be better than us or the Americans. Rest of you guys enjoy the tourney. Whoever wins 64, I want a match with them in the future, that's right, I'm calling them out. Be prepared. SurPr15e vs. ????? at BAM (hopefully). Get hype guys.

Nido

ily Sebby
64 is probably just dreamland 5 stocks no items every game lol

Wouldn't mind playing people in p:m if it's there.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Why use Link when you can use Captain Falcon or Fox. Also by the way guys, what do you think of the Male Wii Fit trainer in Smash 4. Also would be really happy if Captain Falcons final smash is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O9Ez-11Sio instead of the blue falcon. Probably would make Bus and other Falcon mains happy. Also to the Smash 4 haters this video is for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD4C0qvqwSw. Only wish he was talking about Brawl instead.

Hughie

Smash Lad
Why use Link when you can use Captain Falcon or Fox.
You do understand that most people use characters that they can do well with, tier lists don't force you to use characters at the top of the lists. Link is still a very solid character when used effectively. You use Ganondorf in Brawl, anyway.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
You do understand that most people use characters that they can do well with, tier lists don't force you to use characters at the top of the lists. Link is still a very solid character when used effectively. You use Ganondorf in Brawl, anyway.
Too true. I'm just saying. Falcon is just more awesome. I'm not hating on Link. I use him as well and he's pretty damn powerful, but you have to admit. When have you ever heard Link say "Show me your moves" or produce one of the most epic punches in fighting game history. Also Ganondorf is not a bad character in Brawl. Dean uses him and plus he's pretty good when used effectively. Got to show that tier list Ganondorf is not the worst. I play him so I can prove everyone else wrong.

@GrimTuesday He's talking about Smash 64, not Melee.

pikmin.org

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me that thinks it's odd that a house tournament hosted by a guy that nobody's heard of suddenly becomes the next Shadowloo Showdown? Are we really that starved of tournaments? Lol

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
@GrimTuesday Because Smash 64 is what started it all. Even pro's like Ken and Isai played Smash 64. They also became good at Melee because of Smash 64. And by the way. I wonder whats for dinn.. I mean I wonder what Dean would say if you told him Ganondorf sucks. What about Kage who plays Ganondorf in Melee. In my opinion I think Ganon is a good character. I believe that he is best for business.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Is it just me that thinks it's odd that a house tournament hosted by a guy that nobody's heard of suddenly becomes the next Shadowloo Showdown? Are we really that starved of tournaments? Lol
bigger than shadowloo showdown

- we're not restricted top just top 4 on one day
- smash is the only tournament event
- more smash
- more friendlies
- more smashers from more places

MR_Scribble

Smash Cadet
I cant judge anything for brawl, couldn't tell you a single thing about the game.. except that tripping tripping is dumb lol
But yeah Link is a pretty **** character he gets screwed over by sheik, falcon, falco and fox really badly, its a shame pretty much everyone uses one of these.

F*** falcos lazeeeeeeeeeeeeeerz

Dekar289

Smash Hero
F those guys Mr S. Play whoever you want regardless of tier list. Represent your character!
srite
if you're better than them you win anyway
and if you lose but still do cool ****, you also win

Top Bottom