• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBC | TKBreezy Explains Custom Music Packs in Project M

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
For those interested in creating their own custom sound packs, Project M announcer and community figure VGBC | TKBreezy has created a video explaining how he goes about creating music files and importing them into Project M. TKBreezy has created the well-known Moisture Pack and Moisture Pack 2: Splashzone music packs, so he clearly knows his stuff. If you're looking for an easy-to-understand way to create your own custom soundtrack for Project M, look no further than this excellent tutorial!​

How to Music Pack With TKBreezy
Special thanks to TKBreezy for creating this video - be sure to follow him on Twitter at @TKBreezy for everything Project M related. Do you want to see more content like this from him? What songs do you want to put into Project M? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit will be putting this to good use. Follow him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Last edited:

coopreme

Smash Cadet
Good info! I wonder if PMBR will push to fill the game with creative commons music (there is a TON out there) with all the fear of twitch and youtube flagging them for copyright problems.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Good for the modding newbies, I had to look rather hard to find instructions for this sort of thing and since then my Project M game was suddenly infested with Blazblue and Castlevania music.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Warning Received
>Tutorial for compiling music
jfc, people are helpless

Good info! I wonder if PMBR will push to fill the game with creative commons music (there is a TON out there) with all the fear of twitch and youtube flagging them for copyright problems.
Pushing people's ****ty taste in music on others is an easy turnoff for a lot of people.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
No, sorry. I do not approve the use of soundtrack, stages, costumes or other content that is not official in Project M.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Do people really need a tutorial for how to compile music?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
No, sorry. I do not approve the use of soundtrack, stages, costumes or other content that is not official in Project M.
Yeah, because Skyloft with Hyrule Field > Skyloft with Ballad of the Goddess (sarcasm).

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Because Project M is an official Nintendo game in the first place (sarcasm)

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, because Skyloft with Hyrule Field > Skyloft with Ballad of the Goddess (sarcasm).
Because Project M is an official Nintendo game in the first place (sarcasm)
Sigh... I though that everyone would understand that i was making a joke using official and Project M in the same sentence... Another day that im going to bed sad about humanity.

coopreme

Smash Cadet
>
Pushing people's ****ty taste in music on others is an easy turnoff for a lot of people.
It has nothing to do with pushing taste in music, it has to do with services like twitch, youtube, [insert streaming video site] disabling audio or muting videos because of potential copyright violations. By making sure the music selected is using a open license you are future proofing these archives of videos from possible litigation. It's not a big deal to you now but when they mute or takedown all the PM vids because of copyright violations it might be.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Sigh... I though that everyone would understand that i was making a joke using official and Project M in the same sentence... Another day that im going to bed sad about humanity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

I feel sad that you actually thought people would know you were being sarcastic, especially since there are a lot of idiots in this world which you could and were mistaken for... Now go to bed feeling sad about humanity and yourself

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Poe's law prevails - If you say something stupid that can be believed on the internet, you're going to look stupid.

EDIT: Damn you, Satan!

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
It has nothing to do with pushing taste in music, it has to do with services like twitch, youtube, [insert streaming video site] disabling audio or muting videos because of potential copyright violations. By making sure the music selected is using a open license you are future proofing these archives of videos from possible litigation. It's not a big deal to you now but when they mute or takedown all the PM vids because of copyright violations it might be.
So what you're saying is instead of simply using the vP:M music, the pmbr compile a pack full of "stream safe" songs? That's a laugh, and by extension, still pushing ****ty music on others. The open nature of the game gives any user the ability to put their own songs in the game. Avoiding copyright is their problem, especially if they know their music is going to be on stream.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
So what you're saying is instead of simply using the vP:M music, the pmbr compile a pack full of "stream safe" songs? That's a laugh, and by extension, still pushing ****ty music on others.
In the future, PM could still benefit from using tracks that do not have to fall under Fair Use. If the Dev team offered open license music as an alternative that would be fine and not forcing anything that you seem to have a forgone evaluation of.

Speaking of, the only thing objectively ****ty is your attitude. If modifying audio tracks to be loaded in a Brawl mod was as intuitive as you seem to think it is, there wouldn't be a need for tutorials in the first place. Relax.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
So what you're saying is instead of simply using the vP:M music, the pmbr compile a pack full of "stream safe" songs? That's a laugh, and by extension, still pushing ****ty music on others. The open nature of the game gives any user the ability to put their own songs in the game. Avoiding copyright is their problem, especially if they know their music is going to be on stream.
Yeah you need to calm down. If you don't have anything useful to say don't say anything at all. Thanks.

Shin F.

Smash Master
People didn't already know this? Hmmm, I figured this was common knowledge. I spend too much time at Kitty Corp apparently.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
People didn't already know this? Hmmm, I figured this was common knowledge. I spend too much time at Kitty Corp apparently.
It's easy for someone involved or intimate with something to generalize that everyone else finds or can easily find the subject as intuitive.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I'll gladly accept the incoming infraction/ban on behalf of my behavior, but please, allow me to clear my stance up in such a way that it doesn't sound like I'm picking a fight:

you sound very smart.
The problem I have with your idea is that you make it sound as though the default P:M package should have pre-modified, additional, additional content; but not only that, content that's potentially appealing to some and not others. Maybe I'm not into the generic hype 'legal' songs that twitch users are so fond of, so why should this be included in a default package?
Is it trivial and can easily be replaced? Yes, but I'd prefer if this idea was released separately from the main package. Of course, I didn't outright say this at first.

Additionally, a lot of people seem to see the music as some static entity that won't alter to their tastes unless their lords and saviors TK or Keitaro compile a pack for them. That itself is already a gear grinder for me, which is why I came into this thread steamed that TK, again, has to hold people's hands for doing "not-so-difficult" work.

In the future, PM could still benefit from using tracks that do not have to fall under Fair Use. If the Dev team offered open license music as an alternative that would be fine and not forcing anything that you seem to have a forgone evaluation of.
I find it "forcing" if it's the default, that's the premise of my argument.
Yes, P:M can benefit from a safer song package for streamers, but as an alternative to the main download. coopreme's original stance simply said for them to "push to fill the game..." as in the default should include these kinds of songs.

Speaking of, the only thing objectively ****ty is your attitude.
Duly noted.

If modifying audio tracks to be loaded in a Brawl mod was as intuitive as you seem to think it is, there wouldn't be a need for tutorials in the first place. Relax.
Most tutorials in regards to music hacking are for covering how to loop, and etc. TK does cover this in his video, but the premise is literally "How to compile loads of songs" as if he's reaching out to a handicapped audience with no access to google or brawlvault's resources.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
I'll gladly accept the incoming infraction/ban on behalf of my behavior, but please, allow me to clear my stance up in such a way that it doesn't sound like I'm picking a fight etc:
I specifically asked TK to make this because unless you want to dig through some outdated forum posts from 2006 that don't show up on Google and frankly aren't very explanatory, there actually aren't many great resources that explain how to do this online.

Clearly you have spent more time doing this than the rest of us. Your anger and frustration about all of this is pretty unwarranted as is the language you used to express it. Please be more aware of the fact that not everyone knows what you know, and someone creating a useful resource for those people should not somehow offend you. I hope this will be the end of this conversation.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I specifically asked TK to make this because unless you want to dig through some outdated forum posts from 2006 that don't show up on Google and frankly aren't very explanatory, there actually aren't many great resources that explain how to do this online.

Clearly you have spent more time doing this than the rest of us. Your anger and frustration about all of this is pretty unwarranted as is the language you used to express it. Please be more aware of the fact that not everyone knows what you know, and someone creating a useful resource for those people should not somehow offend you. I hope this will be the end of this conversation.
I say let him in indulge in his psychosis and give him the ban he will gladly accept.

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Bummersauce...I was going to make my own video explaining it on top of additional programs but hey at least the knowledge is being spread!

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
META KNIGHT CONFIRMED
I'm posting this because a thread is not created yet.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Well I could already get music from brawl vault but if I ever want to MAKE my own music then this could be perfect!

BlurB

Smash Apprentice
I spent days digging and organizing all my favorite songs to place in my versions of brawl and PM. Since I added about 25 extra stages, I wanted each one to have a specific soundtrack to pick from. It took quite a lot of effort but now when I have people over they really enjoy the variety and fun of the soundtracks that play. For great epic fight music I definitely recommend "Two Steps from Hell". They have a stellar music selection that is mostly used for film scores and such. Having an epic soundtrack can really affect the mood of the people playing. It really helps hype me up :)

It takes a lot of work when you are replacing, converting, renaming and organizing hundreds of songs, but in the end it's a product that you feel very proud of and gives your version of PM or Brawl a sense of identity - this is your customized copy.

redxparasite

Smash Cadet
I literally just created my own music pack two days ago after months and months of not doing it because of lack of effort. It was easier than I thought, but still really time consuming. Rewarding nonetheless, though.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Hm, I usually just download BRSTMs and put them on the SD card. I haven't watched the video yet, but is this easier or something?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Hm, I usually just download BRSTMs and put them on the SD card. I haven't watched the video yet, but is this easier or something?
not easier just if you want something you can't find

also the music from brstm website is always hella quite so i just make my own to amplify them up a bit.

Kimmy

Smash Rookie
Can the brawl song manager or brstm converter cause viruses or anything?

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
not easier just if you want something you can't find

also the music from brstm website is always hella quite so i just make my own to amplify them up a bit.
Ah, okay. Yeah, some of them are pretty quiet, like every rendition of In The Final ever. XP

But yeah, I'll watch the video soon, since there are many songs that they don't have on the site (Fur Fighters stuff and a few anime themes to be precise). Thanks for your reply!

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
Huh. No BrawlBox for the conversions? It makes it pretty easy to setup loops with a different start time.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
But yeah, I'll watch the video soon, since there are many songs that they don't have on the site (Fur Fighters stuff and a few anime themes to be precise). Thanks for your reply!
BCM is strictly for VGM music.

Top Bottom