• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Razgrizmerc

Smash Cadet
I'm off work Tomorrow and Tuesday, so let me know if smash stuff is goin down, I need some more Melee Practice

net1234

Smash Ace
:'( y no marths in nationals anymore

s/o to m2k giving up on tr4sh and moving on to play a better game :p

Last edited:

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
MVG... what a ****ty tournament

gr9 games tho
For real that was the most horribly run tournament I've ever seen.

PM Grand Finals were cancelled.
Hungrybox and Westballz were forced to switch setups mid match.
The power ran out during Melee Grand Finals.
The TO's named M2K and Zero's doubles team "Don't Hate Us Because We're Autistic"
The TO's were even talking **** on M2K on twitter, even though he is part of MVG.

I only tuned in today too, I heard the stream wasn't even working yesterday either. Nice job MVG.

Pyr

Smash Lord
For real that was the most horribly run tournament I've ever seen.

PM Grand Finals were cancelled.
Hungrybox and Westballz were forced to switch setups mid match.
The power ran out during Melee Grand Finals.
The TO's named M2K and Zero's doubles team "Don't Hate Us Because We're Autistic"
The TO's were even talking **** on M2K on twitter, even though he is part of MVG.

I only tuned in today too, I heard the stream wasn't even working yesterday either. Nice job MVG.
For the team name http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/337a5n/im_the_one_who_named_m2k_zeros_team/

Because, while some concerns are valid, context is worth a fair bit more.

Razgrizmerc

Smash Cadet
All right, rough summary
Day 1 begins
Stream cuts off constantly on both Melee and Smash 4 streams
MVG apparently paid for a better connection than AZPM, but still got shafted
Complained on mic about investments
Sometimes randomly puts ads during a match
Mod goes on random rampage and bans everyone
Stream has to rely on D1's 4g or something
Stream promises to fix day 2

Day 2 begins
Stream cuts off AGAIN, just a bit less often
Revealed that a TO, without consent, named Zero + M2K "Don't blame us because we're autistic"
Smash 4 TOs don't prepare certain set-ups with customs
This
A lot of streamed matches don't make it on stream, even the high demand ones (this one isn't a big deal, but Jackie Tran vs HugS instead of S2J vs PC Chris?)
Smash 4 gets in the way of PM tourney (due to lack of time, Westballz vs Hbox is streamed on AZPM, interrupting PM)
TOs let people enter in more than two events, which shouldn't be happening
M2K, representative of MVG, drops out of Melee allegedly because of seeding bull****
Hbox vs Westballz forced to move to a different set-up midset
Power randomly cuts off during the middle of GF, players have to restart the GF match

Someone from my Skype group summed it up pretty nicely

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
On reddit people have been talking about laggy crts recently, and while I'm not sure if there is a database or anything with numbers maybe someone should check out the stream TV that is usually used at neumont since I've heard people say it feels weird and it is an hd and "flatscreen" crt.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
I think the main reason people say that it feels weird is because it is widescreen. @ Tsuteto Tsuteto , could I steal the tv at 801 for steam purposes to try and alleviate problems like that?

Last edited:

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
On reddit people have been talking about laggy crts recently, and while I'm not sure if there is a database or anything with numbers maybe someone should check out the stream TV that is usually used at neumont since I've heard people say it feels weird and it is an hd and "flatscreen" crt.
@nqztv any idea how to test the tv? I thought I heard there was a database somewhere as well.

Also can we talk about the smash scene for a moment? Not only do we have to use outdated tvs, we have to use the crappiest outdated tvs or else we're not satisfied lol.

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
I mean, I'm mostly just curious about it, but I do think it matters. People just trust CRTs because they are such, but some do have some processing that might go unnoticed. There isn't a reason to use CRTs if they aren't lagless. I hope that makes sense.

Also Bellsworth I agree that TV size is most of what changes people's perception, but they were saying that the CRTs that are most likly to have some extra image processing are those that are flatscreen and HD. Additionally, it sounds like Sandstorm was having trouble with people saying their crts were laggy, so if people start traveling from other states it would be good to have that TV tested.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
On the subject of stream setups: I heard that @nqztv's Wii (which is used for the stream setup for certain tournaments like the 801 Labs one) uses an alternate loading method? Maybe that's why my controller auto-shields on it. My controller also auto-shields on 20XX builds, so I guess it just doesn't like modded Melee. LOL I would prefer if the stream setup has a regular Wii if possible in the future.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
On the subject of stream setups: I heard that @nqztv's Wii (which is used for the stream setup for certain tournaments like the 801 Labs one) uses an alternate loading method? Maybe that's why my controller auto-shields on it. My controller also auto-shields on 20XX builds, so I guess it just doesn't like modded Melee. LOL I would prefer if the stream setup has a regular Wii if possible in the future.
This

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
Nice. Ordered one yesterday. Gives me high hopes. =D
My Youtube channel already can be monetized now. reddit.comr/smashbros is a good place to put your video(s) if you plan on doing content.

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
EDIT: video gone.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Tonight at the Provo Game Den: Project M at 6, Melee at 8. $5 venue, $3 entry, yadda yadda yadda. No Wii U, so bringing a set up does not get you a waive FYI.

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
Tonight at the Provo Game Den: Project M at 6, Melee at 8. $5 venue, $3 entry, yadda yadda yadda. No Wii U, so bringing a set up does not get you a waive FYI.
Bummer on no sm4sh, but then again I would probably be at work anyway,

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
No probably not. I'll be at the weekly on Friday since it doesn't conflict with my work schedule

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
All you salt lake city scrvbs should come to our provo weekly tonight. should be a good one tonight. (minus pm lmao)

nah but really we are always traveling to other weeklies so yall should come visit ours :)

Top Bottom