• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yo guys, status update...
there was a wreck on the interstate that involved a semi truck. It's a 2 hour drive to the airport. I left half an hour early, got stuck in traffic for an hour due to that wreck, and missed my 8am flight. sat at the airport on standby for the next flight at 2pm and that ended up being overbooked. needless to say, I'm still in IL, and I'm not coming. I was able to get my ticket refunded but now I'm sitting here like a dumbass, using PTO for nothing, unable to see you guys this weekend. :(

my apologies but I am confident the hype can persist in my absence

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
Damn, and here I was hoping to get my ass whooped royally. :(
All jokes aside, that really sucks, the hype was real and I'd actually have liked to meet you.

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
there was a wreck on the interstate that involved a semi truck. It's a 2 hour drive to the airport. I left half an hour early, got stuck in traffic for an hour due to that wreck, and missed my 8am flight. sat at the airport on standby for the next flight at 2pm and that ended up being overbooked. needless to say, I'm still in IL, and I'm not coming. I was able to get my ticket refunded but now I'm sitting here like a *******, using PTO for nothing, unable to see you guys this weekend. :(

I'm actually super sad you can't make it man. :(

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
there was a wreck on the interstate that involved a semi truck. It's a 2 hour drive to the airport. I left half an hour early, got stuck in traffic for an hour due to that wreck, and missed my 8am flight. sat at the airport on standby for the next flight at 2pm and that ended up being overbooked. needless to say, I'm still in IL, and I'm not coming. I was able to get my ticket refunded but now I'm sitting here like a *******, using PTO for nothing, unable to see you guys this weekend. :(

nah, dude. hype is dead now. sad times :-p.

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
Completely forgot that I left my gamecube with my memory card + melee at Neumont. I left the set up with the huge CRT (not mine) in the back corner. If any Neumont TOs or smashers in either SLC or Kaysville could grab it and hold onto it, I'd be very grateful. I head back up to Kaysville from Pleasant Grove tomorrow around 2:00 PM and will be passing by SLC, so I could possibly pick it up then. If anyone can get a hold of it, let me know when you can give it back, thanks!

Never mind, I'm covered.

Last edited:

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
So how come no one notified that PM was being cancelled? Me and my bro showed up at 8:30 to find out there and were stuck playing melee friendlies while everyone was in bracket :(

Yutani

Smash Rookie
Thanks for putting up the tournament Saturday. For all intents and purposes it was really well organized and people were friendly. I'll try to checkout the Friday weeklies sometime.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Just a thing I don't think a game should be cancelled because Sm4sh went on for too long. Honestly we should have separate events if it Continues this way. I.e. What Vegas does with their events.

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
They cancelled an event because melee had an unprecedented turn out. @ Tsuteto Tsuteto was that all your set-ups? Cuz I feel like this would've been mitigated if more events could of been run simultaneously. That or an entry cap, but entry caps cause sadness.

For real tho, one of the only things our scene has going for it is that most people play multiple games alongside their 'main' game. If you split up events you're going to diminish turn out.

SCIENCE OUT

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
They cancelled an event because melee had an unprecedented turn out. @ Tsuteto Tsuteto was that all your set-ups? Cuz I feel like this would've been mitigated if more events could of been run simultaneously. That or an entry cap, but entry caps cause sadness.

For real tho, one of the only things our scene has going for it is that most people play multiple games alongside their 'main' game. If you split up events you're going to diminish turn out.

SCIENCE OUT
Yo, science rules!

Last edited:

apples25

Smash Cadet
i live in bountiful so if you give chemlo a ride you might as well give me one too..... just sayin...

Tuesday

Smash Ace
There's $20 (twenty bux) for anyone who can get me a ride to my first (1st) Melee tournament. I'm in West Bountiful. Photographic proof of the 20bux on request.
Yoooooooooo I vouch for this man show him what's good.

I live in Bountiful and plan on checking out the weekly on SLC Friday sometime. Is that was you were referring to, Apples25 and Chemlo? I can find 353 east 200 south, salt lake city, ut pretty easily, so let me know your addresses and maybe phone number or Facebook and I'll get in touch with you.

Where can I find more specifics on the SLC Friday weekly, anyway? I go to the Kaysville weekly every time, but our turnout is kinda ****ty, tbh. Still fun, but one can never get enough Melee action.

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

devo_

Smash Apprentice
So Melee Wednesday at my house is cancelled this week due to unexpected AP Chemistry test the next day. Will resume next week

Last edited:

ZeroKarasu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroKarasu
3DS FC
3351-4458-3302
Where can I find the full results for the Neumont tournament two days ago?

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
First off, Results: http://smashboards.com/threads/february-smash-jam-results.393498/

So how come no one notified that PM was being cancelled? Me and my bro showed up at 8:30 to find out there and were stuck playing melee friendlies while everyone was in bracket :(
Sorry about that. I was in a big rush, not thinking quite clearly, trying to get Melee set up and going. Will try to do better next time. Also, plan for next time is to not do smash 4 dubs and to do pm before melee. If we keep getting the numbers like we had on Saturday, then I may have to consider doing a 2-day tournament.

JMeisterJ

Smash Cadet
SO question guys, would you attend a CASUAL tournament in provo? Theres a sweet arcade and i think a smash tourney would definitely get them more business and known.

Top Bottom