• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Spank3d

Smash Cadet
If you want to contact them and TO and everything that would be awesome, I have very little time with work and school. I mainly play Melee but I'm also a big fan of PM.
I'm also seeing about how my work schedule will pan out, so it may be a second before I sort this all out.

And since I play pretty much only PM, would it be possible if we could each just TO the other half we don't play as much? Not sure if that's cool with you, but I would love to do that. (This is all just speculation if we have good schedules/lock down a venue)

LifeLine

Smash Rookie
Suggestions on parking for neumont tomorrow? Also I will be driving up from AF. I got 4 spare seats in my car. I wouldn't mind driving south a bit to pick someone up.

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
Seeing as I've been lurking in this thread for a while now, I ought to introduce myself. I've always loved Smash, having put half of my childhood into Melee and the other half into Brawl (lel). I've just barely started playing Melee and PM competitively (I've only been to one monthly and two weeklies, shoutout to the Ogden weeklies) and hope to get to know more people in the Utah scene. I may be a Buster Brown McScrubLord, but effort and training get results.

I'm going to Neumont today and can't wait to have a blast.

Last edited:

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna be driving up West Jordan around 4:30, I can give you a ride Tea Loop.

Also, has there been any word on the parking situation?

Last edited:

Sampsium

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sampsium
So I saw some stuff earlier in this thread but I don't know if they are still offering. Is there anybody carpooling down to SHFFL Up and Deal? I might be able to provide housing but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

BearUNLV

Esports Manager, Tournament Director
DVDA#7: Year of the Goat | Smash 4 WiiU 02/20
+
SHFFL UP AND DEAL | Melee/PM [02/20] 02/21 & 02/22

Let's go Utah!

Last edited:

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
Neumont, Tomorrow, Gonna get top 10 in melee singles. Calling it now.

That's my goal anyway. Wish me luck.
I want to let everyone know how frustratingly close I came to my goal. I tied for 13th place. The person who kicked me out of tournament lost their next match and tied for 9th place. My set with them went to last game last stock, and I messed up a meteor cancel I was so ready to make. I'm not salty necessarily because I did really well, but I was SO close to getting 'top ten'.

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
@ Hatch Backward Hatch Backward Better than I did and I was aiming for first place :D (did break 10 in PM though :o). Shoutouts to the boyz for putting me out in both games, to @BillNyeTheSamusGuy for playing some friendlies and dropping the shield pressure/ samus knowledge, to @Logos for being the only dude to remember me according to @ Pumpinz Pumpinz and to @X for not even having his own controller.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Good job on Melee dude.

I did watch the stream in the beginning... then I fell asleep for like, the whole day. It was ridiculous.

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman

This pretty much sums up exactly how I feel about the smash community. This man is the Jason Genova of the smash community.

"You could play smash 3ds in space but people don't take advantage of it because they still do the crappy old melee tournaments."

"I watched a smash64 tournament....BORING.......It's slower than brawl.....It's not hardcore."

"Anyone who fails a test should be labeled a melee fanboy because they're a dumb idoit."

"I have a melee disc in my basement collecting dust."

"Who even owns a CRT in america."

"I could easily be a pro smasher! I'm the best player at my school."

"Brawl was a Joke"

From now on if it ain't smash 3ds I ain't playing it.

been a slow day at work boys

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
So in addition to the weekly this week, I'm doing a "Game Meet" at Zubs in Provo on Wednesday night. It's a bit more of a casual event, but we will be having raffles throughout the night, and there will be samples of the food there (to which if you like it, you should totally get some). Anyway, going to have a PM and Wii U set-up, but also going to have Melee via Oculus Rift, courtesies of Spamus.

So come check it out, ya?

https://www.facebook.com/events/719275971503271

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
We had decided that we weren't going to do a tournament based on shortness of time. We're just not having any presence there actually, for some reason that I haven't been informed basically. But we had the choice of volunteering for other things -.-

Basically, like usual, Comic Con is not a good presence for tournaments. It sounds bad, but I kind of don't have much option else wise at the moment to say so, considering we usually get the short end of the stick, and I'm not in any part of communications to know why.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
if you're coming to the provo game den weekly tomorrow, note that we're gonna start the wii u tournament at 7pm instead of 7:30pm so we can try to finish up earlier :-p. thanks!

@ Sampsium Sampsium i don't think @ Pumpinz Pumpinz has been serious on the boards in a while ;-).

Last edited:

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
if you're coming to the provo game den weekly tomorrow, note that we're gonna start the wii u tournament at 7pm instead of 7:30pm so we can try to finish up earlier :-p. thanks!

@ Sampsium Sampsium i don't think @ Pumpinz Pumpinz has been serious on the boards in a while ;-).
@ Pumpinz Pumpinz i hope you are not serious
YO! am I really the only one that finds that video absolutely hilarious?! Every single thing that kid says is quotable gold.

"Smash 64 only has 12 player! How are you supposed to play that competitively?"

BearUNLV

Last edited:

BearUNLV

We are all melee players but I'm sure some of us would enter smash 4 for fun. Unfortunately we won't get there until friday night.
Any of y'all are welcome to swing by GameWorks.

Just a FYI for any Utah Smash 4 players interested in DVDA#7's schedule + notes.

DVDA#7 Schedule, Friday 02/20/15
11am: Setup, warmups, & registrations
12pm: Everyone is kicked out & charged venue (except those with setups)
1pm: Start Bracket Pools A, B
2pm: Start Bracket Pools C, D
3pm: Start Bracket Pools E, F
4pm: Start Bracket Pools G, H
5pm: Start Bracket Pools I, J
6pm: Start Bracket Pools K, L, M
7pm: Start Bracket Pools N, O, P
8pm: Crew Battle: Vegas Vs Cali
9pm: Top 40 DE Final Bracket
***10pm: Side Events during Top 16 (subject to availability of time & setups)
~ Amiibo Fights ($5 entry per Amiibo; 1v1, items off, single elimination bracket, 2 stock, customs on, equipment on)
~ King of the Hill ($1 entry per person; 8 player Smash FFA, Smash Ball On, 7 stock)
~ Crew Battles ($5 entry per person)

Register here:
http://bit.ly/DVDA7entry

Notes:
+ Singles entrants is capped at 256 + 8 DVDA Power Rankers.

+ You can register to the any pool that fits your schedule, but please select all you can 100% attend to balance pools.

+ Once you've indicated a time preference, you cannot change it when final brackets are made after registration closes on Tuesday 02/17 at 11:59PM PST.

+ 16 total number of pools with a maximum of 16 people each pool.

+ Registration for a specific pool time wave will close once the maximum of 16 is reached per pool.

+ All matches in Bracket Pools are Best of 3 including Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.

+ All Top 40 DE Final Bracket are Best of 3 except the following which are Best of 5: Winners Semifinals, Winners Finals, Losers Quarters, Losers Semifinals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.

+ Top 2 in each Bracket Pools advance to Top 40 DE Final Bracket (32 entrants total + 8 DVDA Power Rankers); all matches will be played in bracket pools.

+ 8 DVDA Power Rankers from previous DVDAs that attend DVDA#7 will have byes from Bracket Pools and the 1st round of Top 40 DE Final Bracket; subject to Smashboards points attained from DVDA#4, DVDA#5, and DVDA#6.

+ DVDA Power Rankers [Smashboards 200+ Points from DVDAs]:
1st: ZeRo [800]
2nd: FOW [600]
3rd: Lycan [560]
4th: AZHP K9 [360]
5th: Hino [360]
6th: Rich Brown [320]
7th: PSG SK92 [300]
*8th: NME Tyrant [260]
*8th: NME Xzax [260]
*10th: Z [228]
*11th: Dansdaman [210]
*NOTE: Top 8 will be first registered first served by their point status.

+ DVDA#7 Payouts for Top 8
1st: 48%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%
5th: 4% (x2)
7th: 2% (x2)

Top Bottom