• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Dr. Friday

Smash Cadet
Full support of the Salt Lake Weekly, might actually get off my butt and go play smash. Just provide me with a time and place and ill be there, hopefully.....

Also I just got Netplay, so if any of y'all are into that

Last edited:

Festive

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshwa
3DS FC
0963-1631-8800
New here, any advice or places I can practice PM or Melee regularly? I netplay often but I don't think it has the same experience as on a console.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
New here, any advice or places I can practice PM or Melee regularly? I netplay often but I don't think it has the same experience as on a console.
Weeklies. Provo has them Tuesday nights at 7:30 and Ogden has them Thursdays at some time in the evening. Salt Lake is happening on Saturdays in the afternoon time

devo_

Smash Apprentice
Would there be interest in a tournament taking place in the game room at Joe's Burger's in Provo? They are always looking for things to do in their game room and have already agreed to host a Starcraft tournament. Great food and an awesome venue, I think it would be pretty dang fun.

Spank3d

Smash Cadet
Has Joe's reopened? They've been closed for a remodel for about a semester as far as I know. I haven't been by there in a few weeks though

devo_

Smash Apprentice
Has Joe's reopened? They've been closed for a remodel for about a semester as far as I know. I haven't been by there in a few weeks though
They're semi-opened... They open and serve food when they have an event, so they don't have normal restaurant hours.

Spank3d

Smash Cadet
Huh.. Ok, well yea that would definitely be something to look into. I might be cool to transition the BYU weeklies to be there so we could get a little more hype, or just start another set of tournaments altogether.

Do you know the people that work at Joe's? I don't, but I would be down to talk to them about it since I live closer.

Festive

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshwa
3DS FC
0963-1631-8800
Weeklies. Provo has them Tuesday nights at 7:30 and Ogden has them Thursdays at some time in the evening. Salt Lake is happening on Saturdays in the afternoon time
where at in provo?

Dr. Friday

Smash Cadet
Hey I'll be down to net play, but I will only be able to Friday nights, Saturday's, and maybe Sunday's, if anyone wants to hit me up I'll be more than happy to play, also it would be pretty cool if we could skype while playing

Last edited:

Dr. Friday

Smash Cadet
Also anybody in Orem wanting to play some melee? My night are pretty open, just look for my info in the utah directory thingy

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
A bunch of you have said you're interested in a fest in sugar house area for smash4. I'm not gonna go find each one of you but if you wanna play tonight then you're more then welcome to hit me up.

Edit: also contact me through Facebook if possible rather than here

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
i'm back in town. just a reminder that the provo game den weekly will be smash for wii u and melee. smash for wii u will be first and will start at 7:30pm sharp. melee will start afterwards at around 9:00--9:30pm. tune in to the stream at twitch.tv/gamersabbey at around the tournament start times.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
u cant own snow unless u run a ski resort and make ur own. also snow cones

devo_

Smash Apprentice
Huh.. Ok, well yea that would definitely be something to look into. I might be cool to transition the BYU weeklies to be there so we could get a little more hype, or just start another set of tournaments altogether.

Do you know the people that work at Joe's? I don't, but I would be down to talk to them about it since I live closer.
Yeah I'm pretty good friends with some of the Joe's staff. I would be willing to TO if this got enough interest..

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Melee is back at Evo and Prog said he'd commentate for it oh my god please my body can only take so much

Edit: And Dark Pancake beat X! What a great day.

Last edited:

Spank3d

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'm pretty good friends with some of the Joe's staff. I would be willing to TO if this got enough interest..
That would be legit, I was actually going to see about contacting them tomorrow, but if you have better ties with them, maybe it would be better if you did.

I would be down for TO'ing as well, I was thinking Thursday's would be best if this actually happened. What game do you mainly play? I play PM myself

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
Hey I want to gauge interest in getting a carpool together for Vegas's "SHFFL Up and Deal" tournament Feb 20th - 22nd.

We would go down on Friday(20th) and drive home Monday(23rd) morning. I've been unable to find any housing so far so our best option would probably be to stay at the Hampton Inn near the venue. They have a deal with the hotel for 90$ and night and we would be there for 3 nights. I roughly calculated that it would be about 60$ round trip for gas in my car since gas prices are so low. So gas and hotel split between 4 people would be about 82$ per person (not including tournament venue, entry, and food).

We might be able to leave Sunday night but I'm not sure how late the tourney is expected to go
Also no illicit substances allowed in my car PLEASE!

Reply to this or PM me if you are interested.

Links:
tourny - https://www.facebook.com/events/1587355778162838
hotel - http://goo.gl/8Tz3Ug
gas - http://www.gasbuddy.com/Trip_Calculator.aspx

Last edited:
Top Bottom