• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Alright
Updates!!!!
The tournament is gonna be Melee only
There will be a Amateur bracket
Paying the entry fee will get you into the main bracket
If you want to participate in the Amateur bracket it will be an additional $5(2nd chances don't come cheap niggie)*
It will be held in the Shepard Union Building at Weber State if you need directions use google maps it's 20XX im pretty sure everyone knows has a smartphone or the interwebs to use it.

Registration begins at 2:00 and ends at 3:00 if you can't make it on time tough ****.

$5 will be discounted if you bring a set up**

Hope to see whoever there

*If you have placed top 4 in the any Utah tournaments you cannot go for Amateur Bracket. If you happen to make it to final 5 in the bracket you will be refunded your money if you paided for the amateur bracket.

** This is a FCFS situation. Im only allowing 10 set up discounts. If you miss out a set up is much obliged but this is as much as I can permit.

The reason why we decided to drop PM is to try out the AM brackets. That way we can see how it turns out if its something thay we want to do in later tourneys.

Thanks guys have an amazing weekend peace

net1234

Smash Ace
Alright
Updates!!!!
The tournament is gonna be Melee only
There will be a Amateur bracket
Paying the entry fee will get you into the main bracket
If you want to participate in the Amateur bracket it will be an additional $5(2nd chances don't come cheap niggie)*
It will be held in the Shepard Union Building at Weber State if you need directions use google maps it's 20XX im pretty sure everyone knows has a smartphone or the interwebs to use it.

Registration begins at 2:00 and ends at 3:00 if you can't make it on time tough ****.

$5 will be discounted if you bring a set up**

Hope to see whoever there

*If you have placed top 4 in the any Utah tournaments you cannot go for Amateur Bracket. If you happen to make it to final 5 in the bracket you will be refunded your money if you paided for the amateur bracket.

** This is a FCFS situation. Im only allowing 10 set up discounts. If you miss out a set up is much obliged but this is as much as I can permit.

The reason why we decided to drop PM is to try out the AM brackets. That way we can see how it turns out if its something thay we want to do in later tourneys.

Thanks guys have an amazing weekend peace
but u can place top 4 in a utah tourney by showing up

net1234

Smash Ace
im worried people are gonna feel bad when they get 2-0d in the amateur bracket. i think we should have a amateur amateur bracket for the people that get 2-0d twice and give up. we need to grow our scene to accommodate even the worst of players.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
im worried people are gonna feel bad when they get 2-0d in the amateur bracket. i think we should have a amateur amateur bracket for the people that get 2-0d twice and give up. we need to grow our scene to accommodate even the worst of players.
but wut about the ultra scrubs like me who git 2-0d in the amateur amateur bracket? do we do a toddler bracket?

Roksys

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skolroksys
3DS FC
3496-9838-7131
Sweet! That means I'll only be in triple digits! I was expecting more like quintuple at least!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I didn't know we even had 100 people.

#TooBigTooFail
Fixed .

EDIT:

It looks like we are going to go to the Colorado tournament on the 18th of October. I asked Vegas and CO how many they get on average and CO said they get around 50.

CO is going to be a PM singles and smash 4 tournament. Just letting you know. Let me know if you are still cool to go knowing that.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Smash fest at my place all day
650 1/2 E 500 N Apt #1 Logan UT

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm so happy that Twitch supports Chromecast now. STREAM ALL THE THINGS.

Watching GUTS 3.

net1234

Smash Ace
FEST AT 8:00 AT RJS. BE THERE OR FOREVER LOSE TO NESS PLAYERS. 2522 HORSHOE CIRCLE PARK IN THE STREET SHOES OFF ONLY CONSUME SUBSTANCES OUTSIDE.

Last edited:

ZeroKarasu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroKarasu
3DS FC
3351-4458-3302
Hey, this is kind of a long shot but can I get a ride up to the Sandy best buy for the midnight release (oct. 2/3)?

PM me or text me @ 801-3double zero-3347

Edit: I live in West Valley City, by the way

Last edited:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
So does anyone have any suggestions for how I might go about recording matches on the 3DS version for use in combo videos/videos in general? I've already googled around and so far nothing is really jumping out to me. :/ Figure someone might have a relatively simple way to go about this.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
dbl post cuz fk u

ally is such a god at brawl, it's ridiculous
i feel bad for vinnie
i didnt know people could look like that

Last edited:
Top Bottom