• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
ID tournament is Nov 15 - 16 (Almost set in stone. not 100% yet.)

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
so tourney on oct 18 and nov 8 amirite?

edit: this thread finally got interesting

Last edited:

ZeroKarasu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroKarasu
3DS FC
3351-4458-3302
@Shylock: I want to show you my moves.

Also: here's a demo code, I hope it's not too late.

A05VCR4D2TB65D7A

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Newbie here from Cedar CIty looking to get some schooling/practice in on melee/project M. Anybody who could help me out?

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
let's be honest, in the previous games vectoring was how we all thought you should survive moves until we learned about DI.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I have personally taken a liking to calling it 2SDI

It's a portmanteau of 2SD and SDI, for "Tuesday's SDI" and I think it's pretty succinct.

Last edited:

Roksys

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skolroksys
3DS FC
3496-9838-7131
Vectoring seems like it would be a lot more natural than DI, at least to me. I'm still trying to break the habit of moving against the attack because it makes more sense to me.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
Newbie here from Cedar CIty looking to get some schooling/practice in on melee/project M. Anybody who could help me out?
hey dude im the cedar city TO guy here. are you a student at SUU? we just started a club but havent started meetings yet.

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
hey dude im the cedar city TO guy here. are you a student at SUU? we just started a club but havent started meetings yet.
No, not a student, just looking to up my smash game.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
So apparently if all the padding comes off your game cube controllers stick you're gonna get blisters from the plastic nubs. Haven't felt pain like this since Mario party 2.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Smash At Weber (SAW)
When: September 27th 2014
Where: Weber State Union Building
Games: Project M and Melee (singles only) Amateur Bracket may happen but! Wont know till later
Fee $10 entry
$5 off for a full set up
Paying this automatically enrolls you in the bracket.

Prizes for t3

*T.O. comments
This by far will be the "weirdest" tourney I've ran. And im only running this to build numbers in the Ogden scene. I personally don't think anyone from Provo or SLC should show. If anyone has any questions on why feel free to message me so I can fully explain the situation.

Last edited:

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
cool cool it's not like we're going to exclude people who arent students, we already have a number of people that will show up that dont go to SUU
Cool, just joined.

Do you guys mostly play Project M, Melee, or Brawl? And are there many people with the 3DS demo?

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
Cool, just joined.

Do you guys mostly play Project M, Melee, or Brawl? And are there many people with the 3DS demo?
most people play PM and melee, PM is definitely the most popular here and in st. george. do you know anybody else who might be interested in playing too? i'm looking to host a PM and Smash 4 tournament early october i think

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
So apparently if all the padding comes off your game cube controllers stick you're gonna get blisters from the plastic nubs. Haven't felt pain like this since Mario party 2.
You can replace it with a nunchuk stick thing. It feels better too IMO, and Yaz approved :p

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
most people play PM and melee, PM is definitely the most popular here and in st. george. do you know anybody else who might be interested in playing too? i'm looking to host a PM and Smash 4 tournament early october i think
My brothers might be down, and I'd love to attend a tournament although I don't know much about advanced play.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
My brothers might be down, and I'd love to attend a tournament although I don't know much about advanced play.
Honestly, you really want to go to a tournament then, to see live how such works, and get also tips on how to do it or where your mistakes are. Think instead that the money you pay is more like attending a class for bettering yourself.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
Why don't we have a power ranking thing?
Back when I joined the scene and saw the power rankings that gave me motivation to get better.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
We do. Nqztv posts updates results based on tournament rankings every week pretty much. It could be improved and definitely could use an actual team for decisions, but the automated system works pretty well overall.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
Thought those were for the weeklies at the game den.
I'm talking about all tournaments in Utah

Edit: Also Smash 3ds demo is available in the Eshop for everyone. Smash3DSFest?

Last edited:
Top Bottom